Do you trust gun owners????

Guest strelcevina

Guest strelcevina

are we the best People to answer this Question?

Do you trust gun owners????? and Why????

and i don't mean do you trust people you know.

it is about a perfect stranger with CHL license and 1911 on his belt or any gun of choice.

despite reading all this positive stuff in numerous gun forums, i concluded that gun owners simply don't trust other gun owners.

say for example ,

in recent tread from our forum member, who is looking for somebody to work in his gun store.

and his requirements are Criminal record check.

so i politely asked in that tread, " why do you need a Criminal record check if person has a CHL license.

and he politely erased my question, stating he don't wont to go there.

so there is obvious amount of mistrust

now he could say all this run around BS , like Oooo it is a store policy.

Or i wouldn't ask for it ,but there was one case in Texas 25 years ago where a person with stolen CHL killed all workers in the gun store.

or what ever excuse they wont to use to hide fact that they simple don't trust other Gun Owner.

a lot of gun owners who buys a land , first thing they do is prohibiting Hunting for others.

and than the ones who freaks out soon they see somebody who looks and talks different and carry a gun.:2cents:

OMG did you see that.. who allowed him to carry a gun.. something is wrong with a system. they should prohibit those people from buying a gun.

only time that i saw others trying to trust Gun Owners, is when Financial profit was involved.

LEO has to pretend that he trust , because it is legal and he need that Pay-Check.

just to add, i had nothing but Positive Experience with LEO.

and had a lot of great experiences with other Gun Owners.

this Subject is about Trust in General, And what your opinions are.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Criminal background AND Credit History are common pre-requisites for many jobs today. It has nothing to do with someone already having a HCP (where do you get CHL?). It's just common practice to have knowledge of someone your about to place the trust of your business in.

Many employees are given security access, keys, handle cash or in this case very expensive yet easily pilfered stock. I would check everyone that wanted to work as well.

You may always choose not to work there.

I'm 52 years old and grew up in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. I trusted everyone that I met and back then it didn't bite me in the butt too often.

Times have surely changed. It has taken some time and effort to make that adjustment in my thinking. I still want to trust everyone that I meet but that just is not wise these days. I have meet some of the guys here on TGO and I don't automatically trust them either. It is nothing against them but just the way it has to be. When it comes to the guys here I would be quicker to trust than total strangers that I have had no interaction at all. People can be entirely different in person than they are online as I'm sure you know.

When it comes to HCP holders, yes they are good enough to be able to pass the background check to get their permit but if I am hiring someone that has access to my assets then I would also want to be as diligent as possible to know as much as I can about someone that I am going to trust with my business. I don't blame anyone that has to hire to do this too. I have never in my life done drugs but I would not be offended if I was required to take a test in the application process.

The bottom line is that now everyone has to EARN my trust, HCP or not.

Guest Caveman

What the heck is a CHL?? I due full background/credit checks on anyone I hire because I have absolutely no reason to trust them until they prove themselves to me. Whether they own a gun or not is irrelevant.

"Do you trust gun owners?????"

As the question is written - not always. I know a few folks who own a gun (own=possess here, not necessarily equating to purchase) that I do not trust in handling that gun.

I know several others who own guns and/or have their HCP who I trust as far as the handling of firearms, but whom I do not trust in some other facets of life.

And I know several folks who are stellar in their handling of firearms, their knowledge of relative law/regulation, and so forth, whom I trust in most facets of life, but wouldn't trust them to work for me (read this as "Would not trust them to do the job the way I want the job done the majority of the time").

And, let's face it, there are some "gun owners" I wouldn't trust to come in out of the rain...reading about one now in another thread...

Criminal background AND Credit History are common pre-requisites for many jobs today. It has nothing to do with someone already having a HCP (where do you get CHL?). It's just common practice to have knowledge of someone your about to place the trust of your business in.

Many employees are given security access, keys, handle cash or in this case very expensive yet easily pilfered stock. I would check everyone that wanted to work as well.

You may always choose not to work there.

I would question why someone would have a problem with a background check if they have nothing to hide

Guest strelcevina

with CHL i meant to say Concealed Handgun License

i just looked my Permit. and it does say HCP :confused: ,and btw i have to renew it

before April of this year

Guest strelcevina
I would question why someone would have a problem with a background check if they have nothing to hide

because if you have HCP you are already checked. so there is nothing to hide.

i was talking about Gun Store Clerk job

Like has been said, that if I don't know you personally, I do not trust you fully.

I will give you more trust than others, but not totally.

As far as owning land and not letting others hunt on it, what difference does that make or matter.

I do not hunt. I have nothing against those that do, but it is my property and if I don't want hunting on it, for whatever various reasons, that is my right and not up to you to question.

I have reasons that I don't allow it. That is all that matters.

are we the best People to answer this Question?

Do you trust gun owners????? and Why????

No. Why would someone owning a gun make me think they are good people?

and i don't mean do you trust people you know.

it is about a perfect stranger with CHL license and 1911 on his belt or any gun of choice.

Absolutely not. I'm going to keep an eye on anyone with a gun on their hip. I have no idea whether or not they have a permit.

despite reading all this positive stuff in numerous gun forums, i concluded that gun owners simply don't trust other gun owners.

say for example ,

in recent tread from our forum member, who is looking for somebody to work in his gun store.

and his requirements are Criminal record check.

so i politely asked in that tread, " why do you need a Criminal record check if person has a CHL license.

Do you need a background check to purchase a firearm regardless of HCP status? Yes, if from a dealer. Also, as a business owner, his primary concern is not whether or not you can legally tuck a gun in your pants, it's whether or not you'll tuck HIS gun in your pants.

and he politely erased my question, stating he don't wont to go there.

so there is obvious amount of mistrust

now he could say all this run around BS , like Oooo it is a store policy.

Or i wouldn't ask for it ,but there was one case in Texas 25 years ago where a person with stolen CHL killed all workers in the gun store.

or what ever excuse they wont to use to hide fact that they simple don't trust other Gun Owner.

Gun Owner =/= good potential honest employee.

a lot of gun owners who buys a land , first thing they do is prohibiting Hunting for others.

Could be a multitude of reasons: it's their property, and they want to hunt on it themselves, potential liability of having someone hurt on while on your property, potential danger of having someone damage your property whether accidentally or intentially

and than the ones who freaks out soon they see somebody who looks and talks different and carry a gun.:confused:

OMG did you see that.. who allowed him to carry a gun.. something is wrong with a system. they should prohibit those people from buying a gun.

Can't speak to this since I've never seen it happen. I'm sure it has, just not in my experience. Sounds like it would be more of an issue of prejudice than Gun Owner trust issue?

only time that i saw others trying to trust Gun Owners, is when Financial profit was involved.

Again, haven't seen this is person, but personally, just because someone owns a gun doesn't necessarily make them good people.

LEO has to pretend that he trust , because it is legal and he need that Pay-Check.

Not a LEO, so can't comment other than to say LEO predominantly deal with untrustworthy individuals, which would tend to understandably lower their internal trust mechanisms.

just to add, i had nothing but Positive Experience with LEO.

and had a lot of great experiences with other Gun Owners.

this Subject is about Trust in General, And what your opinions are.

Personally, I'd love to be able to trust everyone. I generally like people. However, I've been bit for it in the past and will get bit by it again in the future. I'm trying to teach myself that trust (and respect) are earned. There is no certificate, permit, oath, or profession that instantly deserves trust because unfortunately, people can be bad.

Mac

Guest bkelm18
because if you have HCP you are already checked. so there is nothing to hide.

i was talking about Gun Store Clerk job

Wrong, they are not already checked. They were checked ONCE. Then once every so many years depending on how often you have to renew. Just because they have a carry permit doesn't mean they are a saint. Just means they are not barred from having a permit and the requirements to get one are rather loose in many states.

with CHL i meant to say Concealed Handgun License

i just looked my Permit. and it does say HCP :confused: ,and btw i have to renew it

before April of this year

less than 3 months and you haven't renewed? Not that I would know because I just applied for mine but I've been reading threads on here where it has taken up to 6 months to get the renewal done.

Guest bkelm18
less than 3 months and you haven't renewed? Not that I would know because I just applied for mine but I've been reading threads on here where it has taken up to 6 months to get the renewal done.

As long as he renews before expiration and he has the receipt he can still carry after it expires.

Guest Straight Shooter

Hell no I dont trust someone just because they have a CHP,or own guns. Matter of fact, when Im around folk I dont know who are shooting,or armed,Im extremely wary,and mistrusting, untill I can see whether or not they are some kinda nutcase.... THINK LEONARD here....or untill I see they are a true shotist. Yes, it can be spelled shotist, OR shottist. Dont know what that is, look up Col. Cooper and find out.

I see /hear some of the damndist things on the gunrange,and its to the point I wont stay when others are around. I was on our range here Friday training a ladyfriend of mine who has her HCP. Thank goodness we were alone. Id say about half,or more, of everyone who says they "got a gun" should not be trusted outright. Thats MY experiance,anyway.

As YOU stated - you just looked at yours and it is going to expire soon. That is the next time that your background will be run to verify that you have nothing that precludes you from carrying a firearm.

As for a place I own where I am hiring people to work for me - yes, a criminal background would be run on anyone who was not directly related to me and by that I mean my wife (who I already know the criminal background of) or my children or my parents. If you are the spouse of one of my siblings I would run a check on you simply because I don't sleep with you therefor I don't know everything about you. My family member may not tell me everything in order to ensure that I will like you.

Not to mention there are several misdemeanors that don't preclude you from getting a handgun carry permit but that might make me not want you working for me.

Not to mention it's my prerogative.

Guest strelcevina

i agree with most of your opinions

i would personally ask for DNA sample if i could , not only Background check :confused:

neither i trust a private Gun sale. every gun i own is bought in local Gun stores or Gun dealer.

so there is paperwork to trace if needed.

so my next question is

how do you trust regular Joe Schmo selling or buying gun ,showing nothing but TN ID, and giving Cash?????

Eider somewhere on parking lot or or even Gun show , knowing that even worst human being have access to ID