Nashville info?

chipperi

I have to spend a week in Nashville in April. The city is going to shack me up in a hotel near the TBI headquarters and giving me a city car and a per diem. so I was wondering what is in the area nearby the TBI. I am going to take my wife with me so she can tour around and shop etc, while I am in classes.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

not much around rs gass. there is a opry land mall and hotel close by the tbi biulding. down town for nite life. good music, cold beer, and food. several mall around town, but if been in one mall you been in them all. i like tootsie's orchid lounge in downtown, to me it has the best music of all the downtown places. whith many good places to eat on the river close by.

Downtown? You can do anything you want. Depends what she wants to do. During the day there's the Country Music Hall of Fame, Frist Center, Ryman, the Parthenon, the Farmer's Market at Bicentennial Mall...all kinds of tourist stuff.

Good shopping/eating areas that the ladies seem to enjoy: Green Hills, 12th Ave. South, Old Franklin, Hillsboro Village...really, the list is endless. The closest areas would be 12th Ave South and Hillsboro Village. They're a bit on the trendy side, so she may or may not really fall in love with those spots. Green Hills Mall is a place you can spend a few days exploring, though. I dunno what they have in Piney Flats, but I'd try to stay away from Opry Mills, Hickory Hollow, and Rivergate areas. Not much out there that you can't find anywhere across the state.

And if you want to get your shooting needs in I suggest Guns and Leather. About 25-30 minutes north from Downtown, but well worth it.

The TBI itself is in a crap part of town,you may end up actually working. Opry Mills area has some cool stuff to do, yeah it's just another mall. Close by is downtown with alot to offer, to the south by about 5-8 miles. North of the TBI is Hendersonville, about 8-10 miles away, which has a cool set of shops called "the streets at Indian Lake" or something to that effect. Good eats and a movie theater there. I personally like Buffalo Wild Wings and Mimi's. There is a Walmart in Hendersonville for any stuff you might have forgotton at home. Since I live in Hendersonville, if you couldn't tell, I do all my stuff up here if I can. It is a small town, but lots to do.

EDIT: and close to Bill's shop as well

PS: if you like cajun food, there is a place called Steam Boat Bill's up here that is AWESOME!!

I travel alot for work, so I know about needing good eats, and a good Walmart!!

Angus

Guest boatme99

"I personally like Buffalo Wild Wings "

Just a note, BWW has corporate policy against concealed carry. Please let them know that you won't patronize them.

The TBI building, is that over @ 1200 Foster? I used to live @ TPS when it was open (my parents worked there, I wasn't a hoodlem). Never really had any problems when I was living over there, but it always pays to be cautious.

Yeah TBI is in the East Nashville area which has many very cool restaurants and such, but can be very dangerous as well. It's a very trendy arts district. The 5 points is the place to visit if you stay in the neighborhood. Rosepepper is supposed to be excellent and Rumours is wonderful and a bit fancier. For great East Nashville pizza, Pizze Real is awesome! For burgers, hit up Fat Mos on Gallatin Ave... but take your carry piece with you!

It's a bit of a drive, but come out to the Loveless Cafe Wed night and catch Music City Roots as it is broadcast live on WSM... it's only $10 and is always a great show. It's way more rootsy than the opry is. I will be there taking their photographs. Music City Roots | A weekly live radio show from Nashville, Tennessee on WSM 650 AM.

My family is hooked on Pie in the Sky pizza, which now has a downtown location... you really must try this before you go! It just may be the best pizza I've ever had, next to some of Chicago's fine pizza joints.

For shopping she will love Green Hills Mall, Opryland, and although it's a bit far, Cool Springs is loaded with shopping. Also Providence, in Mt. Juliet, is a very cool modern shopping center. My fiance likes providence a lot, it's just up the road on I-40 east. Lots of eating around there as well and you can visit Reloaders Bench, which many of us like quite a bit.

I second the Guns and Leather recommendation... awesome store and worth the 30 min drive!

Guest boatme99
Not posted in Hendersonville.....carry on in there.

No, not posted but many folks have called or e-mailed for info when someone on this forum was asked to leave (about a year ago) and all recieved very anti-carry replies.

As many others here have said, vote with your wallet. And be sure to let them know.

Downtown was mentioned...if you want to hear covers of "Dixieland Delight", any of the honky-tonks will do. If good, full-on Rockabilly and reasonable drink prices interests you, hit up the Full Moon Saloon on Broadway.

Take in a Predators game if they're in town, you'll be hooked, and tickets in the upper level are cheap. Hockey on TV just doesn't do the sport justice - I'd recommend anyone that hasn't seen it live do so. The speed and action are incredible.