XD coming home from repair and custom shop

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what there something wrong with it??? or was it getting modded??

Yeah,

Right out of the box with 12 in the mag and one in the chamber the magazine would lock up in the gun. You could hit the mag release and push it in real hard and nothing. You could push up on the magazine and hit the mag release still locked up. I was having to eject the round from the chamber and then eject the mag. It was pissing me off so while I was sending it to get the combat trigger job with over travel adjustment and the barrel refitting I had it go to the repair shop first so they could fix the magazine issue. I get it back today and we shall see if it is indeed "fixed"

Yeah,

Right out of the box with 12 in the mag and one in the chamber the magazine would lock up in the gun. You could hit the mag release and push it in real hard and nothing. You could push up on the magazine and hit the mag release still locked up. I was having to eject the round from the chamber and then eject the mag. It was pissing me off so while I was sending it to get the combat trigger job with over travel adjustment and the barrel refitting I had it go to the repair shop first so they could fix the magazine issue. I get it back today and we shall see if it is indeed "fixed"

hmmm, I thought the high and mighty XD's were supposed to be perfect....my cheap taurus has never failed me....:shrug:

Uh oh....I see...:slapfight:....coming, can't everbody just play nice.:leaving:

I just wanted to mess with him because he seems to be an XD fanatic... And I do get a little tired of people talking :poop: about Taurus... Most of them have never owned one....anyways, lets get back on topic, I'm glad he got his weapon fixed....

hmmm, I thought the high and mighty XD's were supposed to be perfect....my cheap taurus has never failed me....:slapfight:

The XD probably saw a Taurus from too close and went into shock.

Actually, he sent it off for some custom work.

He also thought it has a mag release problem (maybe, but I'm doubting it).

- OS

The XD probably saw a Taurus from too close and went into shock.

Actually, he sent it off for some custom work.

He also thought it has a mag release problem (maybe, but I'm doubting it).

- OS

It was probably that Intimidating Bull on the side:D Back on topic Alpha, I hope Springfield fixed your mag release problem.
I just wanted to mess with him because he seems to be an XD fanatic... And I do get a little tired of people talking :slapfight: about Taurus... Most of them have never owned one....anyways, lets get back on topic, I'm glad he got his weapon fixed....

There is nothing wrong with a taurus. In fact I plan on getting me a taurus very soon in the near future.

It was probably that Intimidating Bull on the side:D Back on topic Alpha, I hope Springfield fixed your mag release problem.

They didnt

They did the combat trigger job with overtravel adjustment, and barrel refitted and the repair shop just played with themselves and never worked on the pistol as far as I can tell cuz it still locks plum up only it is worse now because now I cannot push up on the magazine and hit the mag release now I have to hit the mag release and then pull the damned thing out. I am going to hate it if that damned thing ever jams. So, I reckon I will just have to be careful. I plan on putting 250 rounds through it on Saturday so hopefully that should help with the magazine tightness. I can tell that the gun has tighter lock up now that the barrel was refitted.

They didnt

They did the combat trigger job with overtravel adjustment, and barrel refitted and the repair shop just played with themselves and never worked on the pistol as far as I can tell cuz it still locks plum up only it is worse now because now I cannot push up on the magazine and hit the mag release now I have to hit the mag release and then pull the damned thing out. I am going to hate it if that damned thing ever jams. So, I reckon I will just have to be careful. I plan on putting 250 rounds through it on Saturday so hopefully that should help with the magazine tightness. I can tell that the gun has tighter lock up now that the barrel was refitted.

Huh? Wow, that sucks!

Sorry to hear they didn't address the problem. I've shot the 5in. 45, a 4in. 40 and the little sub-compact 9. They worked so well, kind of like a Glock, kind of boring. Which is a good thing. Springfield's CS has a great reputation, I'm sure they'll get it right.:dirty:

Edited by Ae-35
spelling
Sorry to hear they didn't address the problem. I've shot the 5in. 45, a 4in. 40 and the little sub-compact 9. They worked so well, kind of like a Glock, kind of boring. Which is a good thing. Springfield's CS has a great reputation, I'm sure they'll get it right.:dirty:

They offered to have me send it back again. I told em no thanks I was so pissed off and I had already been without it for four weeks that I was not about to send it back in again.

• 1 month later...
That does suck. Mine(4" 9mm)has never had a FTF or FTE .Of course I have only had it three months now but 600 rds so far three different brands no problems at all. Keep us updated on the customer service issue if you decide to get it worked on again

His didn't have an FTF or FTE either.

Also, I don't think he'll be updating you on anything, as I believe his "vacation" is probably a permanent one.

- OS