Car break-in in driveway, breaking news

Guest 6.8 AR

This happened about an hour ago.

I'm sitting in the den watching TV and some fool throws a big rock

through my son's Expedition. My son hears the dog bark and goes out

to check. The car is still locked so he unlocks the driver door and a big

rock falls out on his foot, notices the passenger glass is missing. I called

911 and we walk around the back yard with flashlights and gun. I'm sure

this dumbass is in another neighborhood looking for more pawn candy.

He left the stereo, not enough time to do that. The cop that visited said

they have a warrant on a dumbass that may fit the MO(rock through glass but remember to steal the Garmin).

Our dog is too old to do much more than bark, but she succeeded there.

Moral of the story: Get floodlights. Go to the range tomorrow and take it out on a piece of paper. Damn!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear this. hope they catch them.

Yeah, I know how it feels too. Both my trucks were hit a couple of years ago. Bold little neighborhood deliquents hit them even with floods on the house. Since then, I use motion sensor units and hit the floor when the lights come on. I try to set them so that it takes something larger than the neighbors dogs/cats set them off.

This happened about an hour ago.

I'm sitting in the den watching TV and some fool throws a big rock

through my son's Expedition. My son hears the dog bark and goes out

to check. The car is still locked so he unlocks the driver door and a big

rock falls out on his foot, notices the passenger glass is missing. I called

911 and we walk around the back yard with flashlights and gun. I'm sure

this dumbass is in another neighborhood looking for more pawn candy.

He left the stereo, not enough time to do that. The cop that visited said

they have a warrant on a dumbass that may fit the MO(rock through glass but remember to steal the Garmin).

Our dog is too old to do much more than bark, but she succeeded there.

Moral of the story: Get floodlights. Go to the range tomorrow and take it out on a piece of paper. Damn!

:rock:

If he can throw it through the SUV let him have it.

:blink:

Reminds me of a truck driver coming into work dropping of a load of material complaining about no seal on the truck and scared people would steal the cargo. I pointed at the 4' x 4' square boxes that weigh 2000 pounds and said if they can move it by hand i would let them have it and run.

But in all serious, now you have a reason to upgrade some lighting and buy some more home defense equipment and more practice time.

Madison Street. APSU is about a mile. If they do, it'll be a catch and release program,

I'm sure. Lowe's or Home Depot will get some more business. If our dog, Lucy, was

younger she would have chewed that guy's ass up. A good dog, just old.

I have thought about extra lighting for some time. Now it will happen. Maybe even a

companion for Lucy.

I have some motion sensors on the lights for the deck, and may do that for the driveway, as well. This hit and run mentality for these bums show they're really stupid.

If the dumbass would have looked he wouldn't have bothered. It will catch up with him even if I don't, but I would love a crack at him first.

Good possibility. I guess that stuff makes one feel like Superman 'cause he didn't have time to do more than break the glass and drag the USB cord of the radio hanging out the window before exiting property. Fast dumbass. He'll go back into prison(school) and learn to be a better crook and probably try again.

I'm thinking about putting some traps in the back yard along the lines and hurting

the next dumbass who tries. If he's trespassing and twists an ankle, gets bloody or

something like that, maybe he'll drop the rock and go somewhere else.

Hopefully they'll catch the bum soon. My next door neighbor had her wicker furniture stolen from her front porch one night about five months ago. I didn't know there was a such hot black market for wicker. Some folks will steal anything.

When I lived in NY, someone broke into my Honda and stole the radio. I didn't really care because it was broke anyway. I'm sure he found that out though!!:)

I have motion lights on my house and fortunate enough to have neighbors that keep an eye out for anyone suspicious.

Good possibility. I guess that stuff makes one feel like Superman 'cause he didn't have time to do more than break the glass and drag the USB cord of the radio hanging out the window before exiting property. Fast dumbass. He'll go back into prison(school) and learn to be a better crook and probably try again.

I'm thinking about putting some traps in the back yard along the lines and hurting

the next dumbass who tries. If he's trespassing and twists an ankle, gets bloody or

something like that, maybe he'll drop the rock and go somewhere else.

If I am not mistaken if someone comes on your property in TN and gets injured whether your fault or not you can be held legally liable in court. Now if there are no trespassing signs and they get injured that is an entirely different ball game.

When I first moved to oak ridge I lived at woodland view apartments. Didnt know it was bad when I moved in there. Anyways, to make a very long story short I had 4000 dollar sound system in my car. I parked my car and looked around when I got out like I always do and noone was lurking about and there were no people sitting in cars. I went in to my apartment and I was not in there longer than what it takes the normal man to pee and came back out. The alpine was gone and the 12 inch mtx speakers in the trunk were gone. Needless to say I reported it to the police. The management there had a license tag number of a car that had been stealing stuff in the area, the cops for whatever reason never did find the stuff but I saw the car one night by chance and chased the person back to their apartment and called the law. They came and "took em into custody" but didnt find my stuff anywhere.

That sucks,mine was hit about 2 weeks ago and the officer that made the report said the same thing almost word for word.

Mine was in the circle drive infront of my house,I usally park all vehicles in the back.Nothing taken from mine,they went through my console and did not take the radar detector or ipod.

The night it happened it was raining hard.I had the window replaced only to find the switch or motor was bad.Took it to the dealer and its the switch,he said it will be just over 500.00 the window was 180.00 not worth reporting to insurance.

Let us know if they catch the bastard.

Guest Drewsett

Parked my Toyota in front of my mom's house in Franklin one night a couple years ago and woke up the next morning to find some punk kids had used a bat, golf club, or some other implement to bash out both windows on the side facing the street. It was parked directly under a city streetlamp on a quiet residential road. Nothing was taken...but then again all that was in the car was a CD player. Cost 300 bucks for the glass and installation. Gotta love vandalism.

Guest Baddawg865

That's why I have my little buddy Chill lurking around at night. Chill is my pitbull....he doesn't just bark. You want your dog a partner, I would suggest a pit. Raised right and they are the best dogs for protection. IMHO!

Hope they get the loser!

Few of these layin' around should do the trick. :):D:D

duke6%20bear%20trap.jpg

Attaboy! :screwy:

Wife might not care for it, but that would retire the perp.

Wife has a love for shepherds and I loved that bluetick coonhound we

had, but I imagine she will get her shepherd. I've been around several pit bulls and like them, but I would bet anything the little darlings, liberal neighbors, would cry to the police or their favorite councilman.

TN law states you can't do intentional harm to a tresspasser, such as placing traps etc. If you think a piece of auto glass is expensive, think about the repercussions of placing a trap. I feel your pain, it really makes you mad when you work hard for

what you have an some lowlife steals or vandalizes you property. Also if considering

some course of action that might be questionable, I don't think I would post about it

on a public forum.