New gun in the future, opinions?

Sams Dad

I am getting ready to buy a long term keeper. I have narrowed it down to the following. All in 9mm. I will be CC'ing this one.

Para, Carry9

CZ 2075 Rami

Kimber Ultra II

And yes believe it or not even considering the Bersa Ultra Compact 9.

It seems to be a bargain for what you get.

I have 2 Bersa's now and very accurate and very reliable.

Pro's and cons from current owners???

Thanks,

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Firestorm Ultra Compact 9mm about a year ago (virtually same as the Bersa, but grip is a bit different). It has become a favorite of mine. I was amazed at the accuracy the first time I shot it. I've been more accurate with it than with a S&W 5903, or a Ruger P94 (I've since sold the Ruger).

And it cost less new OTD than the used 5903 I bought at about the same time.

well out of the list you have here the bersa would be your best bang for the buck. I have had bersa's since the early 90's and they are top notch and vary under-rated.

there's good and bad in all but I can't ever remember hearing too much bad about bersa. I personally have not had the thunder 9 but the thunder 45 is top notch as well that the 380's.

Guest Bonedaddy

I like my Stoeger Cougar 8000, which is a 9mm. Very accurate and reliable. And easy to strip and clean and a hard chrome lined bbl. Bigger than your Bersa, though but it holds 15+1. DASA plus decocker safety. Conceals pretty good to me. Even OWB with a loose shirt. This gun has never failed to shoot anything I've put in it right out of the box. Needs no break-in.

The Cougar mentioned above is a good choice but I like my CZ 2075. Very good size. Accurate. A little snappy but not bad at all. I think I'd prefer it in DAO instead of the SA/DA configuration I have now, but thats just a thought. Still a very good gun.

.380 was referenced in another post. Just don't want to see anyone make a decision that they may regret.

nobody said to get a 380. reread the post and see that it was comments regarding the brand quality and not the size.

I like my Stoeger Cougar 8000, which is a 9mm. Very accurate and reliable. And easy to strip and clean and a hard chrome lined bbl. Bigger than your Bersa, though but it holds 15+1. DASA plus decocker safety. Conceals pretty good to me. Even OWB with a loose shirt. This gun has never failed to shoot anything I've put in it right out of the box. Needs no break-in.

Not all people can carry a full size auto tho. I agree this is a good gun tho. too bad they don't make a smaller version. I would probably buy it.

Guest Republican

You said you you were buying a "long term keeper" so I would definatley go with the Kimber. It is the keeper out of the bunch. I havent shot one in 9mm but the 45's are reliable, accurate, built to last and sweet shooting. If they all cost the same which would you choose?

Not all people can carry a full size auto tho. I agree this is a good gun tho. too bad they don't make a smaller version. I would probably buy it.

Beretta did make a Mini-Cougar in 9mm and 40. There are still lots of them floating around. I think Stoegar is only making the full size now.

Mac

Seems no one has mentioned Para yet?? The "hogs" I've shot felt wonderful though a little chunky in the hand for me. They shoot excellent and I've yet to see any with issues....

However, out of those three choices listed, I'd sling the cash for the CZ. CZ's are sweet and reliable as well as feel good...:D

Guest bbtie72

I can't speak much on the Kimber, IMO The CZ 2075 is the best carry gun I've ever owned and I've had about everything. I have a stainless Kahr K9 that is pretty close but I would never get rid of either of them. At the range it blew away my glock 17 as far as accuracy. Very comfortable carry. I'd give it the thumbs up over the others.:D