Leather IWB holster for light & spare mag

I can't seem to find a leather IWB holster for a light & spare mag. I searched on here but could not find...

My EDC holster is a DM Bullard Dual carry for my XD-40 sub-compact. I'd like an leather IWB for a spare mag and Surefire. DM Bullard said he wasn't interested in making a holster for lights.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? No suggestions at all?

Not even a sarcastic comment about a thread I somehow missed searching? :P

I'm surprised. Dang, I should have thrown in some kind of open vs concealed or glock vs xd variable into the question...

Really? No suggestions at all?

Not even a sarcastic comment about a thread I somehow missed searching? :tinfoil:

I'm surprised. Dang, I should have thrown in some kind of open vs concealed or glock vs xd variable into the question...

Well, here's one from TT Gunleather.

I use one of his holsters for my XD SC. Highly recommended.

Might take 6 months to get, and not cheap, but it'll be super, I'm sure, but it's OWB, not IWB.

OWB Mag Light combo Holder

rawls2.JPG

Googling isn't real helpful on narrowing this type product down, but there are quite a few makers of these in OWB, but finding one in IWB may be futile, dunno.

You'll just have to use some of the holster lists found on various gun sites and spend some time. DefensiveCarry keeps a huge linked list as a sticky on there somewhere.

I use a cheapie pocket double mag holster from WRB. Unfortunately, they've quit making the larger sized one for double stack mags:

yhst-33025420507126_2091_2563007

I used to keep mag + light in it, now keep mag + multi-tool, with a smaller Coast Lenser flashlight tucked in corner of my pocket butted against the soft carrier, stays in place nicely.

Incidentally, I tried one of Crossbreed's IWB mag holder, but found that two IWB holsters in my waistband wasn't comfy at all, and the Crossbreed was huge for the purpose, sent it back. They no longer offer them anyway, and didn't have one for flashlight.

Btw, David (Bullard) used to make one, OWB only best I remember, but I'd say he gave it up because there's such a bewildering array of flashlights out there.

Another way to go, IF you can find some double mag carriers, is just to find an IWB one (which is rare) and simply use one of the mag slots for the flashlight, even though it's not exactly made for it. Of course, a cheapo nylon one would work for that, lots of those out there, with flaps that cover the mags, but all I've seen are OWB for belt.

Also, there are a number of places that make OWB or paddle combos in Kydex, like Fobus, but leather ones are more rare.

Good luck with the search,

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Thanks for the info and for putting up with my sarcasm. :tinfoil:

I'll try culling through more site links as you mentioned.

Yeah, the IWB search has been pretty futile. I might have to consider an IWB mag holster and a OWB light option. Both of those seem common enough.

Mr. Bullard said exactly that about the variety of lights - no way he could keep up with all the types out there, and I'd have to agree with him. I just really enjoy his leather and was hoping to find an option there since he does such nice work.

I'll post back if I find something. Have a great day.

Guest mtsumatt

I don't know if he could, but you might give Dave at little bear holsters a call and see if he can do this for you. He's working on one for me right now and he seems to really try to give everyone what they want. I don't know if he would be able to do something for a flashlight, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Little Bear Custom Holsters -  Welcome to Little Bear Custom Holsters, this is our fourth year in business and are introducing a new and improved line of custom made holsters.Each of our holsters are made by hand, one at a time out of premium cow si

I know I can't wait to see what my new holster is going to look like.

Matt

360 790 6921 # from website

I emailed the folks at cross breed about this a few weeks ago, said they were designing one and should be out by spring...was for double magazine though not sure if they will do one for a flashlight

That's strange, since they already sold both single and double ones up till maybe 6 months ago.

- OS

Guest Gunsaddles

Hello - this popped up on my google alerts - very cool.

I do custom work like this all the time for people. IWB dual mag is the most common for me, hence it is on the web site, but I have been asked for and put together IWB holsters for a mag and flashlight in the past and would be happy to do so again.

I use Cordura, rather than leather or kydex, but if that is of interest, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you need and perhaps we can work something out.

Hello - this popped up on my google alerts - very cool.

I do custom work like this all the time for people. IWB dual mag is the most common for me, hence it is on the web site, but I have been asked for and put together IWB holsters for a mag and flashlight in the past and would be happy to do so again.

I use Cordura, rather than leather or kydex, but if that is of interest, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you need and perhaps we can work something out.

Glad it poped up. I'm very happy with mine and so far it's worked out great. Gotta get some pics up to show ya'll......

Finally got some pics up for whom ever was curious of GunSaddles dual IWB mag holder.....Keep in mind I use a light and a mag in mine instead of 2 mags....

IWB008.jpg

IWB012.jpg

IWB013.jpg

IWB014.jpg

IWB006-1.jpg

IWB001-1.jpg

It sits low enough for me on my belt comfortably. However, I can not use G17 mags in mine as they hit a bone in my back where I wear it since they sit higher than the G19mags do. The G19 mags work and feel fine no matter if I'm carrying 2 of them or 1 and my light.