Newly Released Aerial 9-11 pics

Guest Sgt. Joe

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.8 ... ... you are right. Too many HAVE forgotten that sad day. But many of us will NEVER forget ... 343 FDNY LODDs in addition to the thousands of others ...

For about two months after 9/11, we had people we'd never met stopping by the station to speak to us, or even shake our hand. But after a couple of months, it tailed off, and now ... ... it's never mentioned by the general public.

I believe that it's an unfortunate truth that a great majority of us have short memories.

Thanks, Sgt. Joe, for the posting ...

Guest 1817ak47

I saw those pics when they were relased either mon or wed, don't remember. give a good reminder to what happend and thanks for reminding us so that we can be aware of what never needs to happen again in the future

6.8 ... ... you are right. Too many HAVE forgotten that sad day. But many of us will NEVER forget ... 343 FDNY LODDs in addition to the thousands of others ...

For about two months after 9/11, we had people we'd never met stopping by the station to speak to us, or even shake our hand. But after a couple of months, it tailed off, and now ... ... it's never mentioned by the general public.

I believe that it's an unfortunate truth that a great majority of us have short memories.

Thanks, Sgt. Joe, for the posting ...

I Will Not Forget! I Cannot Forget! Some may, I won't. It's burned into my memory as long as I live. Like many others, I cried unashamedly that day and still do seeing those images again. I'm sorry for those that have forgotten. I'm terribly sorry for the lack of respect given to Firefighters in general these days and that those short-lived days of thanks and rememberance for you have ended. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your commitment and service to the community. I thank you as I try to do with others when the opportunity arises.:usa::clap::)

Never Forget!

We lost many brave men and women during this attack.

Never Forget.

I thank all the responders who courageously put the life of others before theirs.

Never Forget.

I thank the honorable men and women in our Armed Forces still fighting this enemy.

Never Forget.

I will never forget, September 11 already was one of the worst days of my life. The previous year, 2000, my dad died at age 59, way to early. In 2001 I had spent most of the night9/10, and Sept 11th morning with my infant son in the ER and helped hold him down (he was 6 weeks old), while they did a spinal tap to rule out spinal meningitis because of a super high fever. I had laid down for a bit and my wife came in and woke me up saying a plane had hit the world trade center. I thought maybe a small plan had hit an updraft and slammed in the side of the building. I turned on the tv and thought, man that must have been a big plane, then that is when the 2nd hit.

For years, and even this day, I will see the clock and it will be 9:11 and I think of my dad and the events the next year. Another weird eerie thing is that my dad's time of death was 9:11pm.

ALL who have ever served ... be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines ... Coast Guard ... Cee-Bees, Merchant Marine ... LE, Fire, EMS ... and all the others that I've probably left out of this list ...

ALL who have ever served this great Nation, who have served their communities, who have given of themselves, who have given of their time, and their talent ... and too often, have given their lives ...

All gave some ... some gave all.

And for those families who lost loved ones on 9/11 ... you and yours will remain in my thoughts and prayers for as long as I have my right mind.

Some of us have experience with an LODD (Line of Duty Death). It's just about the worst thing anyone can imagine. Time eases the hurt, but it can never erase it. And I'm not certain, but I doubt that losing someone in an LODD is any worse than losing an innocent family member in the 9/11 cowardly attack.

Thanks, again, Sgt. Joe, for putting this act of war back on the front burner. And thanks, dralarms, for calling a spade a spade. It WAS an attack.

I believe in the sanctity of life. But if I ever got a chance, I'd have no problem with the "eye for an eye" Old Testament vengence towards the low-lifes who planned and prepared for this, who took fathers and mothers, sons and daughters, husbands and wives ... none of which had ever caused these cowards any harm.

Appreciate the thread. Appreciate you guys who have commented on it. Sorry for rambling, but this is close to my heart.

how can I forget. I was on the eisenhower expressway headed into downtown chicago when I heard the news. I called my boss and told her there was no way I was going downtown today and was headed home. I got home just in time to see the first tower fall on TV.

I couldn't imagine being in NY at the time.

Guest 1817ak47
ALL who have ever served ... be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines ... Coast Guard ... Cee-Bees, Merchant Marine ... LE, Fire, EMS ... and all the others that I've probably left out of this list ...

ALL who have ever served this great Nation, who have served their communities, who have given of themselves, who have given of their time, and their talent ... and too often, have given their lives ...

All gave some ... some gave all.

And for those families who lost loved ones on 9/11 ... you and yours will remain in my thoughts and prayers for as long as I have my right mind.

Some of us have experience with an LODD (Line of Duty Death). It's just about the worst thing anyone can imagine. Time eases the hurt, but it can never erase it. And I'm not certain, but I doubt that losing someone in an LODD is any worse than losing an innocent family member in the 9/11 cowardly attack.

Thanks, again, Sgt. Joe, for putting this act of war back on the front burner. And thanks, dralarms, for calling a spade a spade. It WAS an attack.

I believe in the sanctity of life. But if I ever got a chance, I'd have no problem with the "eye for an eye" Old Testament vengence towards the low-lifes who planned and prepared for this, who took fathers and mothers, sons and daughters, husbands and wives ... none of which had ever caused these cowards any harm.

Appreciate the thread. Appreciate you guys who have commented on it. Sorry for rambling, but this is close to my heart.

therwe are many ways in which we can serve and help our country. whether it is something as simple as watching over your own neighbors house whether or not they live next to you or 19 houses down the block from your house and protecting there house and there safety. this has been all to easily forgoetten in todays current society by most but not by me.

but this isn't just limited to neighbors but also to strangers you may meet at the bus station, walmart, gas station while not being concerned about the negative consquences that may result/.

helps preserve america:usa:

aj81557, 100% agreement here. Just us ordinary folks can make a difference when we try to do the right thing. And there's a lot of that "right thing" stuff that gets done, but it doesn't make the evening news. Appreciate all who still believe that we are to be our "brother's keeper." I just get bent with the slime whose sole intent in life seems to be in harming me or my "brother."