finally had a chance to shoot yesterday

Il Duce

for the first time and i absolutely love it. def was off the mark as i havent shot a handgun in almost 10 years but still. im already wanting to ship it off to Springer Precision to get some work done as well. went with my buddy who brought his Glock 36 and we swapped guns and im glad i chose the the XD. felt a lot better to shoot and not once did it jam like the glock did. anyways here is the 4 targets i shot as i only had 100 rounds. not sure what happened on target 2 LOL

dvlxrs.jpg

15i116w.jpg

2vkjpsz.jpg

jawd9x.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats!!

good on you for not smoking Austrian Polymer... :rofl:

FWIW, I've seen several Glocks malfunction....still yet to see that happen with an XD.

enjoy that new pistol!!

Well, all that matters is whether you like it, doesn't it? I smoke that Austrian polymer

and drink 1911 koolaid. I guess that makes me a mutt, like my avatar;)

i know practice makes perfect but is there anything i can do to make my accuracy better?

You could get rid of that Glock-wannabe and get yourself a real Glock!:D

Edited by CK1

Dry-firing(safely) changed my life! Well... Maybe not that dramatic but you will see your group sizes cut in half. Kudos for your honesty when posting your targets... Also please tell your friend that we forgive them for "limp-wristing" their G36. :screwy:

why lie about it? that doesnt improve anything lol. in fact i believe it can set a false idea of you are good when you fact you have work to do.

super noob question, but what do you all mean by dry fire?

Trigger control practice. Can be done in your house, with and UNLOADED firearm. It does make a huge difference. Tack up a small target and practice shooting at it, with the UNLOADED gun.

I also agree that your friend is likely limp wristing his G36. Smaller size 45 takes more control than larger sized semi autos. I have been shooting Glocs for 20 years and own 4 of them. The only time I have ever managed to make one jam or stovepipe is while I had a hand and wrist injury tat did not allow for me to get a good wrist lock. A friend of mie shot it right after have jammed it repeatedly and it worked an entire box for him w/o failure. I picked it back up and it again jammed.

That said I also know by having shot and watched thousands shoot their guns over the years that every single gun can jam. I have seen every make jam. I have seen revolvers jam. None of them are without failure and none of them are indestructible.

You can't go wrong with Springer. Had him do a trigger job back before the DIY parts were available and it was fantastic. You might want to consider the Powder River DIY sear kit. A lot cheaper and it is super easy. Plus you can always revert it back if you want. Nearly as good as the Springer job. Also pick up one of their over travel stops. XD/XDM Parts - PRP~ XD & XDM Perfection!

Guest smileyguy
Move the target to 7 yards, works for me. ;)

I agree. You have to learn to crawl before you walk. Just keep practicing. I love the XD. Though that trigger is a little different than shooting SA, once you learn it you'll be bustin' those bullseyes.

Congrats on buying a fine weapon.