show your EDC setup

This is what I am normally carrying everyday.

The Benchmade is about to be replaced; it has been totally abused. I don't carry the Microtech around town, but I do carry it while I am in GA at work. I still don't understand TN knife laws. I can carry a gun, but not an automatic knife. I usually alternate between which watch I wear. It is usually either my Omega Seamaster or Omega X-33 (my favorite watch).

very nice setup. I don't understand the knife law either. Makes zero sense. Sorry to be the newb but what kind of .45 is that?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice setup. I don't understand the knife law either. Makes zero sense. Sorry to be the newb but what kind of .45 is that?

That is a Nighthawk Custom T3 that I got from Hero Gear. I was carrying a Kimber Ultra Raptor, but I didn't really like the alloy frame and it was just too small for my taste. So, I went to Hero Gear and traded my two Kimbers + some money for the T3. I really like it. Note: those aren't the original grips. I did not like the alien grips on the T3, so I swapped them out for some thin Nighthawk aluma grips.

Guest jackdm3

HeathersshelvesBobsbathrottractorwalletc013.jpg

I carry the front row everyday:

belt

mag and pouch

notebook and extra pen

wallet

Altoids tin to hold gum and toothpicks

extra gum

flipper

sunglasses and watch

pouch for little camera I used to shoot this

memory stick pen

Cricket knife

plasticuffs

B E R E T T A !!! (main gun for 10 years)

Back row:

crossword puzzles for trips

countertop swatches for clients

checkbook

Granny's extra Caddy fob

around the ear LED flashlight

spare keys for the whole family

LED flashlight in pouch

LED headband

Walther PPK

talkies

Uncle Henry folder my FIL gave me cause he's old-skool

basket of clamps I use to keep my holster and pouch tight

Edited by jackdm3
gum gum gum!
Guest jackdm3

I will if y'all want, but it's a stainless workhorse, with mild scratches to prove it. I pocket it when I work hot weather and no shirt. So it mingles with change and keys.

Guest jackdm3

Any closer and the resolution turns fuzzy, so ...

ppk001.jpg

It's all IWB Uncle Mike stuff. Interarms USA version, which I keep reading people prefer to the foreign version. Don't know why.

I carry it hot at all times, as its trigger pull is just the same as a revolver. The hammer rests off the firing pin and has a chambered round indicator.

Edited by jackdm3

Well, I got Nuthin! :)

Where I work you can't bring firearms or ammo on site or even keep them in the car.

Don't even think about it. Random searches entering the site and dog teams search the parking lots regularly.

Makes it a royal PITA if I want to go to the range after work.

Besides I don't have my HCP permit yet.

Take my TN HCP class this Saturday at Austins in Oak Ridge.

After I complete that and then fork over the extra $ for fingerprints, pictures, and state fee I'll see whats left for holster etc... while I wait for permit.

But I doubt I'm gonna carry the Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS as EDC/CCW.

I May look at a Sig 239 or 238 for a carry gun.

Guest jackdm3
The Beretta fits in the Altoids tin... THAT'S AWESOME!" :D

Do you have to put the toothpicks inside the barrel or do they fit comfortably in the tin as well?

LOL

Beware! For you may chew my GUN!

LINKS, is that IWB an aholster? Blade-Tech?

The holster is called the "Looper" by Custom Carry Concepts. I have one for the Glocks and one for the M&P pistols. If you decide to get one order it and forget about it. I think that it is a one man operation and it takes a few months for it to arrive. You can also get them backed with leather (I have that option for my Glock holster). I learned about the holster on www.mp-pistol.com a couple of years ago.

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/holsters

I just looked though this for some idea. Again I feel under armed.

Partly because I can not carry to and from work.

I got some ideas out of this though.

The altoids can was a good ID.

However one thing I noticed Lacking from most everyones EDC that I actually do have.

I need to do some serious work on my EDC.

But I do have this.

ItemImage_522_4928.jpg

1 Nylon Pouch with Key Ring, appx. 4” w x 3” h x 0.3” d

1 Breathing Barrier

2 Vinyl Gloves- Latex Free

Just in case the need where to be there to preform CPR.

Guest jackdm3

Only a couple days ago our paper published an article on CPR. Said most pro's agree that chest compressions are more important than the breathing part. Said to just do the chest constantly. Works for me.

I use the Altoids can to protect the integrity of my gummage. Keeps them from sticking to themselves under bodyheat and in the winter I hold back on some of the gun to make room for throat losenges.