Finally decided on a Sub-Compact for carry

Guest Baddawg865

Guest Baddawg865

I have been back and forth on a few guns this past month. I couldn't make up my mind for anything. Well, that all changed today. I had someone on here ask me why i didn't stay with a Springfield since i already had an XDm. I told them it just didn't fit my hand good. So my buddy calls me up today and ask if i wanna go shoot. I said of course! So at the range, they just happened to have an XD 3" sub-compact 9mm. I remember holding it in the gun store, but this time it just felt different. So i decided to rent it and give it a shot!

Needless to say, i went and bought me one today!! Amazing gun! We both shot this gun around 15 yards and had a grouping of 2 inches or less. We went through 400 rounds. I could not believe how it shot, and how it felt! I guess I'm just an XD man to the bone now. Now all i need is a good holster! Any ideas?

2010-02-22190809.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. That's part of the reason I stayed with Glock when I bought a sub as well. It all boils down to what you like and are comfortable and familiar with. Does your holster for the XDM not work for the sub? I guess the trigger guard is a little different shaped.

Guest Baddawg865
Does your holster for the XDM not work for the sub? I guess the trigger guard is a little different shaped.

I'm wanting something like ohshoot has!

OS, where is a good place to buy? And the time next to the name, was that the wait time?

Guest Bronker

You chose wisely.

XD40 Sub Compact in a Don Hume IWB or Comp-Tac MTAC all day every day.

It has never, ever, ever, ever even once hiccoughed. Neither has my XD45 Service 4".

Great guns.

Originally Posted by adamween viewpost.gif

StOOpid question, but if you like the XDm, have you ever considered a XDs/c? Great EDC (mine). Why not stay in SA the family?

I also have the M&P but just have the XD bug.

BUT- Like any good word of advice about a new purchase, GO put your hands on one before you decide. FWIW I LOVE my s/c!

Just my:2cents:.

The SC doesn't fit me very good. I would love to be able to shoot xdsc, but my hands are to big. Trust me, I tried to make it feel right. No luck!:bat:

Looks like the XD bug has bitten yet again! :stick:

Sweet choice I might add!

Great gun, I've put countless rounds (cheap/premium) through mine (XDs/c &XDm)without a SINGLE failure of any kind from either!

Wish you great results from yours as well.

Also you might want to look at a Milt Sparks holster. Can't go wrong with Bullard or Hume either.

I'm wanting something like ohshoot has!

OS, where is a good place to buy? And the time next to the name, was that the wait time?

Unless you ran across one used, both are available only from the maker.

dmbullardleather.com

ttgunleather.com

Yeah, those are wait times.

David Bullard was only a week or so this time last year. People have really turned on to his stuff since; I should get a commission.

- OS

Guest Baddawg865

Looks like the XD bug has bitten yet again! :stick:

Ya, your comment was stuck in my head, so i had to give it another shot, Thanks!!

And thanks OS. I love your set up. The wait seems like it's worth it. Until i get it, i will find something for a spare! Thanks again!

once that ole XD bug bites it cannot be cured. XD9 4" service and XD9sc for me. My EDC is the subbie, I absolutely love and enjoy shooting that pistol. It is a very smooooth shooter and with me behind it it's a very accurate machine! My holster of choice is the Supertuck. This is the most comfortable holster I've used. OS will disagree with me cause it kydex, but it is comfortable! Got mine in solid black (both pistols are black) and it arrived in about 8 days. I have also found the holster will carry either pistol. Nice....

Guest Baddawg865

I stand by XD 100%. And thanks guys for all the holster ideas. This is my first 9mm, And i am thrilled about it! I'm ready to go back to the range and shoot it some more!!

... My holster of choice is the Supertuck. This is the most comfortable holster I've used. OS will disagree with me cause it kydex, but it is comfortable! ...

I have no bones to pick with Crossbreed or Comp-Tac. They both offer super functional designs and are among the most popular sellers for good reason.

And I'm not a total Kydex snob or anything, I do use one for my Kahr when I pocket carry it, and it's hard to beat a Kydex pocket hoster in general, a place where thinner is better.

- OS

I have been back and forth on a few guns this past month. I couldn't make up my mind for anything. Well, that all changed today. I had someone on here ask me why i didn't stay with a Springfield since i already had an XDm. I told them it just didn't fit my hand good. So my buddy calls me up today and ask if i wanna go shoot. I said of course! So at the range, they just happened to have an XD 3" sub-compact 9mm. I remember holding it in the gun store, but this time it just felt different. So i decided to rent it and give it a shot!

Needless to say, i went and bought me one today!! Amazing gun! We both shot this gun around 15 yards and had a grouping of 2 inches or less. We went through 400 rounds. I could not believe how it shot, and how it felt! I guess I'm just an XD man to the bone now. Now all i need is a good holster! Any ideas?

2010-02-22190809.jpg

Sweet looking pair o' guns. The Supertuck for my Glock 19 also works for my 26 so you might want to see if you can share holsters. I only have Glocks but the XDs also look delicous.

Guest benrook88
I should get a commission.

- OS

Yes you should, you're the reason I got one for my p229 that I don't have yet ;)

Now I gotta pickup another IWB for my p238!

Guest Baddawg865

I went ahead and ordered a supertuck, but i'm also going to go with a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry. I figure try them both and see what i like. And what i don't like i will hook one of you guys up.

Unless you ran across one used, both are available only from the maker.

dmbullardleather.com

ttgunleather.com

Yeah, those are wait times.

David Bullard was only a week or so this time last year. People have really turned on to his stuff since; I should get a commission.

- OS

David has my money because of you, you might be on to something about the commission. I'm about four weeks in on my order, still no holster, according to his website, he is a full 8 weeks now, but every day I keep hoping it will be on the porch when I get home from work!

I went with the XD40SC, I really like it so far.

- OS

I just ordered my Dual Carry from David Bullard and I don't have my XD Sub Compact "yet" getting it when Uncle sam send me my money. I've been looking at "ohshoots" for a while he mentioned it on another thread. My mom picked up the xdm 3.9 9mm last weekend and I got bit by the xd bug too. looking forward to it