Who here owns an AK??

Guest Stonewall

Guest Stonewall

Well, as a newbie here, I keep running across the "Who owns an AR" thread, but haven't found one for the other side yet!

(Maybe I just haven't found it yet?) :hyper:

So, who here owns / shoots / likes / builds the AK clones? Wonderful rifles .....................

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

shoots them just purchased a 2nd one in a couple of months, so the other will be up for sale very soon. mak-90 good shooting guns but the trigger is a little painful, they say a tapco trigger kit will solve this, I will research that soon though

Guest 1817ak47

the above stated is true, it is a smooth trigger compared to what most rifle I have fired. I "might" try a tapco kit, gonna reasearch what others have experienced with them first

WASR.....(non-canted version ;))................................nuff said.

It shoots like most of'em do....bought it off a member here. I've been sooooo lazy on pics of stuff here latley.....I'll get on on here in a day or so. Looking to buy another AK in a week or so. I missed mousgunners MAK he just had for sale....that thing was purdy.

Saigas, MAKs, Romys(my builds), Yugos. Daewoo - that's 1/2 AK.

1/3 AK, 1/3 FN, 1/3 AR!:D Nice guns!

I personally I think AK's are the best "assault rifle" clone going!:D I've tried 4 AR's and just couldn't get into them like I wanted. I've had 3 Saiga x39's and a Saiga 12 all converted. My first one was a full on AK-103 clone done by Red Jacket. The last two i did my self. The Saiga 12 I converted then sold to a shady car dealer in Knoxville who took it over the top!:D Just brought home my fourth Wednesday and it will begin its transformation shortly. This one I'll keep!:D

Here's my first before I got rid of the Tapco Galil HG.

IMG_1980.jpg

Here's the second one I did.

IMG_2110-1.jpg

the last one I did

12282009034.jpg

and some cool AK pics.

AKanimation.gif

kalashnikovakxray8sj.jpg

Edited by Smith

I'm an AK lover but then again I love most guns(including ARs). First one was a Mak-90. Since then I have owned 2 more MAK-90s, 2 NHM91s, a MAADI, 3 WASR-10s, and now the only one I currently own is a 16" barreled SAIGA I converted to be 922® compliant. All of them hame have been 7.62x39 but laterly I have really been wanting one chambered for 5.45x39.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I have a few, actually I have 6. Also I have a PSL and Galil but those don't exactly count.

Romanian SAR-1 (Muzzle was threaded and has better laminated furniture)

Romanian SAR-1 (Now has a folding stock and threaded muzzle, basically made into a AIMS side folder look-alike)

Bulgarian SLR-101S (milled receiver gun, now has the correct bayonet lug equipped front sight base and accessory lugged gas block and threaded muzzle)

Polish AKMS-47 (1982 all matching under-folder kit built by Overland industries, this is honestly my best built AK. I used a Nodak receiver with correct Polish markings and ordered it back when customer requested serial numbers were available, I requested the same number as on the trunnion)

Bulgarian AK-74 semi clone (From TGI, it's their base truck gun model, I added an original Bulgarian made optics rail already, planning to refinish the furniture soon. My only 5.45x39 AK. I have a Russian Kobra red dot for it as well)

Romanian AES-10B (RPK clone, removed the carry handle, took off the tack welded muzzle nut, got the correct RPK bi-pod, and refinished the furniture. Have a Russian made 1PN34 night vision scope for it just because it was an interesting piece of history.)

Edited by TwoLaneBlackTop