What was your first car/truck?

Guest Baddawg865

'74 Chevy Nova donated by an uncle for Christmas, 3 months before I was old enough to get my license. It was beige with a beige vinyl top. For my 16th birthday, my parents took it to Econo to get it painted for me. They had it painted red and dyed the top SILVER so it would match the USFL football team from Memphis! Do you remember the SHOWBOATS?

Some fond memories in the seats of that car though!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eggman

In 1988 I bought a 1968 VW bug. Great car but not a speed buggie or chick magnet. So about 4 months after buying the bug I bought a 1968 Camero SS. I had to keep the Volkswagon because even though gas was .99 cents a gallon then. I could not afford to fed that monster everyday at 2.35 a hour at 25 hours a week. If I remember right I got about 6 or 7 mpg out of the camero and around 20+ out of the bug. Plus marlboros were about 1.25 to 1.35 then too.

1989 Ford Crown Victoria. It was the summer after my sophomore year of Colloge, I was home for the summer and my dad bought the car so I could get a job. it had the 351 5.0 v-8, it was a boat but it sure would bawl the tires. Me and my buddies would roll 6 deep in that thing!

Guest Tygarys
1975 Chrysler Cordoba. Dark metallic Green w/ white vinyl top. Rusted out on the rear quarter panels, fenders, and lower part of the doors due to central IL winters. It was a P.O.S, but had a blast with it.

Did it have the Corinthian leather interior? :D