What was your first car/truck?

Guest Baddawg865

Guest jackdm3

Really wished my parents wouldn't have sold our '72 two door. It was minty green with an ugly peeling vinyl top. Dad had to pour gas in the carb to start it in the winter mornings. Sent black smoke down the street. Roomy back seat. I want it now. Was gonna do the cliched blue with black top with outlaw rims.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest benrook88
Trick question.

My first car was an 89 Honda Accord when I was 18.

My first vehicle was at 16, a Kawasaki KE shortly followed by a Kawasaki Ninja.

That's right, a 16 yo with a Ninja.

Yup, I was the shiznit back then :)

You and I both man, I had a GSXR 750 when I was 17.

Guest clsutton21

The white Chevy in the rear. It was a Chevy Custom Deluxe K-20 (4x4 3/4 ton if you don't know your Chevy's). I got it when I was 15 from TUB for $3800. Got it stuck the very first day I owned it, tore the spider gears out of the front end the first day I had my license. Wonderful machine, wish I still had it.

23m329s.jpg

My first Vehicle was a 1949 Chevy Pickup. I worked hard, saved my money bought the truck for $300. I didn't have my driver license yet but would sneak out and drive it around when my mom wasn't around. I got caught. My mom sold it the next day and kept the money. Last year I purchased a 1950 Chevy pickup and am in the process of a Frame off restoration.

Edited by Armed Aviator
Guest billwilly73

1981 Vette..................................Chevette

My dad bought it from his aunt for $100. The car only had 28,000 miles on it but the motor needed work because his aunt was nearly deaf and when she would start it, she would rev the engine till she could hear it. If I remember correctly we replaced the head and cam and got it runnung again.

She also couldn't see very well, and took out a mailbox with the right front fender. The replacement fender that my grandfather put on for her was black and this car was a Bright Banana Yellow. He fixed the paint thing with some exterior yellow house paint and a paint brush.

I drove it for a year or so and traded it for a 1977 Chevy Nova with a 350. I miss the Nova, but not as much as the vette because of the family ties

1996 Buck Century white with red interior. It wouldn't pass emissions in Hamilton County so my dad and me cut a piece of white sheetmetal and wrote TAG APPLIED FOR on it. I drove it that way the whole time I owned it which was about 6 months. Man what piece of crapola it was but I remember when I got it I was proud to have my first car. Traded it in on a 2001 Honda Accord 2dr for more then I paid for it, totaled the Honda 18 days later. Had the same 2005 4dr Dodge Ram ever since.

Guest pjblurton

1972 Chevelle - baby-**** green with a matching vinyl top!

Whoooo weeeeee.

Traded it and some boot for a 72 Monte Carlo - hugger orange. I would gladly trade some vital organs to have that car back today.:)

• Admin Team

1977 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. Bought if from a guy who had it sitting under a tree in his front yard down in Florida. Drove it for years.

Got pulled over in it one time going up Monteagle when I was in college. Officer told me he paced me going 80. I joking told him the only way that truck would do 80 would be to drive it off the cargo ramp of a C-130. He gave me a ticket.

Wish I still had it, because today I could do one heck of a restoration.

1991 Toyota 4Runner. Fire engine red. Big off road tires. Flowmasters, blacked-out windows, sound system, horrible gas mileage, most under-powered vehicle I've ever driven. I gave it hell 24/7. I once got air by going over a rail-road track way too fast. Loved that vehicle and still miss it.

Guest Drewsett

1978 Ford F150 with the 5.0 V8. Bored it .60 over and put a .475 lift cam in it, aluminum intake, and otherwise rebuilt it from the ground up. Painted it "Chrome Yellow". All my friends called it the banana truck. I did race it too much as well, but I did beat the socks off one of those 75k$ Mercedes coupes. Man I wish I still had that truck...but then again it DID get like 10 mpg. Of course that was with over 350 horses :)

Guest coldblackwind

'82 chevy k10 stepside. Previous owner had restored the truck completely, everything under the hood said edelbrock on it, he had something like $9,000 in it, we picked it up for $3500. Great old truck. Sold it when I finally couldn't afford the 8mpg anymore (9 years ago?), guy who bought it parked it in the weeds outside his shop, and its sat there ever since, wish I'd never sold it at all, especially not to him!