Looking to get a conceal carry

Guest GallatinTN

Which one should I buy?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy?

Guest GallatinTN

I am looking to buy a conceal carry gun.

1. Glock 26

2. Beretta PX4 Storm SC

3. Kahr PM9

4. Walther PPS

Edited by GallatinTN
to clarify
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat the reliability of a Glock. I love my 26. The PM9 may or may not run perfect out of the box. It's also a little pricey. I don't know anything about the other 2 mentioned. The Storm is a much bigger gun than all the rest you mentioned unless you are talking about a sc model.

I'm trying to pick as well while I wait for my permit. Of the four you have up there the G26 is going to be the most bang for your buck and Glock is not even my first pick. If you haven't already handle and shoot each of your finalists before you buy. The one at the to of my list is the XD9sc. HTH.

Joe W.

If smaller is better.. get the Kahr.

I love a Kahr, and their size, but I cant seem to grasp the concept of payin top dollar for any gun that recommends, and many times requires a break in, or in cases is very particular what ammo is used.

For the price involved they should "break it in" for me, or at the least, provide a few hundred rounds and a voucher for a range trip to do it myself. My XD is ready ANYTIME and EATS ANYTHING I FEED IT. ALWAYS. I would buy a BRAND NEW XD- take it out of the store load the mag and holster it up. No worries.

Just my:2cents:.

I love a Kahr, and their size, but I cant seem to grasp the concept of payin top dollar for any gun that recommends, and many times requires a break in, or in cases is very particular what ammo is used.

For the price involved they should "break it in" for me, or at the least, provide a few hundred rounds and a voucher for a range trip to do it myself. My XD is ready ANYTIME and EATS ANYTHING I FEED IT. ALWAYS. I would buy a BRAND NEW XD- take it out of the store load the mag and holster it up. No worries.

+1000

Guest bkelm18
My XD is ready ANYTIME and EATS ANYTHING I FEED IT. ALWAYS. I would buy a BRAND NEW XD- take it out of the store load the mag and holster it up. No worries.

My XD would absolutely not feed lead round nose. Turned into a jam-o-matic when shooting those. Not knocking the XD, but it won't eat absolutely everything. Every carry gun should be tested and at least satisfactorily proven to be reliable with your choice in ammo.

My XD would absolutely not feed lead round nose. Turned into a jam-o-matic when shooting those. Not knocking the XD, but it won't eat absolutely everything. Every carry gun should be tested and at least satisfactorily proven to be reliable with your choice in ammo.

Agreed 100% -"Every carry gun should be tested and at least satisfactorily proven to be reliable with your choice in ammo."

I've never been one who likes cleaning lead so I try and stay away from lead round nose all together.

But - I've shot all matter of ball JHP and jacketed, from the chapest available to many different high dollar personal protection rounds. Several thousand rounds through my EDC, and as I said earlier My XD is ready ANYTIME and EATS ANYTHING I FEED IT. ALWAYS. Personally had NO failures.

:D

Everyone will have different experiences. Just my experience.

Disclaimer. My opinion is not a substitute for professional advice ... You should always seek additional advice from a competent professional.

Sorry for the :hijack:

Guest rystine

I like the Glock out of those choices. The Kahr is the smallest and probably best for purely concealment purposes. But the after market support for the Glock (sights, magazines, holsters, etc.) is above and beyond all you other choices.

Guest cheez

The Glock will give you the most consistant reliability of any gun mentioned here. I love the Kahr for concealability but you flip a coin on the reliability part. Lots of people have Kahrs with no problems but I had one that went back to the factory 3 times and was still a POS. After I had all the problems I did some research and found that the polymer frame Kahrs have issues quite often.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Just picking a gun out of the list doesn't make much sense to me. How do you plan to carry?

Also, don't buy anything until you've had a chance to shoot one.

Really good advice ^^^^^.:lol:

The PPS is very concealable and very reliable. I do not use mine for an EDC due to limited capacity so I did not vote in your poll. I have no experience with a few of the others so I really can not compare them but would think at least the Glock would hold more then the PPS.

The PPS 9 comes with a 7 round and the 40 with a six. There are factory mags available for each that will hold one extra round but I have yet to be able to find one for my 9 or for my friends 40.

I think right now they are running a promotion to get an extra mag with a purchase as they only come with one, but it will be the standard one for each pistol.

If I ever get the two 8 rounders I have had ordered forever I may would carry mine from time to time as I do like it a lot. But for now I will stay with the Ruger SR9 and SR9c, which will each hold 17.;)

+ one in the pipe in all cases of course.

Good Luck to ya.....

I voted Glock 26. Ugly but it works. Best value for your money. Biggest aftermarket potential. You can conceal anything if you put effort into it. I walk around during summer with my P2000SK in Comp-Tac CTAC in a fitted polo and shorts. No one knows the better. G26 is similar size so I wouldn't be too worried about trouble concealing it.

Got something against HK you don't know what your missing

I like how he's thinking.:lol: A little enticement with a picture, haha. You can find P2000SK's used in good condition for ~600 if you look hard enough, about the same as the Glock new.

DSC03597-1.jpg

Edited by SL1M