Reloading book

Guest Boonie

Guest Boonie

were can i find a good general reloading book that wont break the bank? i just bought a lee breachlock reloading ket and need something to get me started. Thanks Roy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CajunKen

Before you go out and buy one, check your local Library. They usually have some and you can see which one you prefer, then buy one . My local Library has THE ABC'S OF RELOADING, and LEE AND LYMAN RELOADING MANUALS, all of which are good.

New reloading manuals are a bit expensive but they last a long time. I'd browse thru the available ones first to see if there is data for the caliber/bullet/powder you want to use. Any store that sells reloading supplies should have a good selection. I have Speer, Sierra and Hornady manuals, some nearly 30 years old. I rarely see a used one for sale.

Guest 7mmMag

I got several on ebay. Be careful it seems the older books show larger powder charges for the same cartridges....i guess as time goes on companies get scared and start lowering the charges...

Guest Schulzie

I like the Lee. It has a good amount of loads, and with some comparison, I am able to come up something useable even if it is not directly listed.

I got several on ebay. Be careful it seems the older books show larger powder charges for the same cartridges....i guess as time goes on companies get scared and start lowering the charges...

Agreed, EBay is a great place for deals and to get ripped off. As with anything, check around for base prices. Some sellers will ask new (or higher) prices for their used equipment. I have also seen lowball reserves from some sellers, and then look a little closer at the riduclous shipping charges. A book to avoid is the old Speer manual from the 70's. It will list loads hotter than a two-dollar pistol. Start at the bottom and work up.