Vbulletin 4 ?

vbulletin 4 yes or no  

10 members have voted

1. 1. vbulletin 4 yes or no

Anybody have any experience with Vbulletin 4? How do you like it?

As I'm sure most of you know TGO will be going to v4 soon. (per David's announcement)

I have been over at Tennesspeed that already has v4 and it does take a little getting used to but i really like.

Does anybody else get on any other forums using vbulletin 4 yet? I fso how do you like it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the poll assuming we have a choice in the matter re the impeding upgrade? :D

I just want to know when it's gonna happen so I can plan my day accordingly. :bowrofl:

NO not at all, just wondering how much complaining we will have to put up with from all the old farts that dont like change...

I have heard of some people that like it and some that dont, but I really like it.

One of the forums I administrate is holding off a little longer till some of the bugs and kinks are worked out.(another is using SMF) Mainly b/c we are not in a hurry to be the first on the block to use any new vBullitin releases, we try to allow some other forums upgrade first and be the guinnea pigs. :)

• Administrator
One of the forums I administrate is holding off a little longer till some of the bugs and kinks are worked out.(another is using SMF) Mainly b/c we are not in a hurry to be the first on the block to use any new vBullitin releases, we try to allow some other forums upgrade first and be the guinnea pigs. :popcorn:

I was on the Beta team for vB4 and even I held off upgrading any of my public forums with it. :)

So far I'm digging it. The canned look and feel is pretty lousy but once you start customizing it, the software really shines. I'm getting close to having the TGO theme translated over for vB4 and will do the upgrade here soon. Most likely not this upcoming weekend (20th-21st) but the following (27th-28th).

The part that is going to take the longest is the database conversion. Because we have so much data, it takes a while.

I was on the Beta team for vB4 and even I held off upgrading any of my public forums with it. :)

So far I'm digging it. The canned look and feel is pretty lousy but once you start customizing it, the software really shines. I'm getting close to having the TGO theme translated over for vB4 and will do the upgrade here soon. Most likely not this upcoming weekend (20th-21st) but the following (27th-28th).

The part that is going to take the longest is the database conversion. Because we have so much data, it takes a while.

I'll look forward to it then, SW is smaller then TGO at the moment but it's growing at in incredible rate. Let me know how the upgrade goes so I know what we have to look forward to. :popcorn:

I hate it. Most of that comes from the fact that the UserCP is gone but still there just called Settings and things like that. Leave stuff that people are familiar with. I don't care for it but as an end user, I have to make the change or leave my favorite sites.

• Administrator
I hate it. Most of that comes from the fact that the UserCP is gone but still there just called Settings and things like that. Leave stuff that people are familiar with. I don't care for it but as an end user, I have to make the change or leave my favorite sites.

Hmm. The UserCP is probably the last item I expected to hear anyone base their decision on. But you're right, it's a bit different!