trade sw642 for glock 27

bayouvol

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I go again. Trying to decide if the glock 27 is as easy to carry as the sw 642 snub. I have the chance to trade for the glock. I would have to add 50.00 to get it though. Is this a good trade?

If you only have a few guns, don't give one up, just add another.

- OS

Guest eyebedam
I think you would be better off with the 27, however the Pinkie mag extension does come in handy on it!

I had a26 witht he pinkie extension & it still didnt feel right in my hand just something about it. However a 19 fits like a glove..

You cant go wrong with a 642 for summer carry.

Guest DeadEye

Like all else the thing depends as to what feels good in you hand, i have a small hand and the pinkie extension helps me out with a better grip on the gun!

10 rounds vs 5! 38 vs 40!

I have both but carry the 40 Glock model 27 w Crimson Trace and pinkie rest. I have large hands and am not comfortable with the grip on the Smith. The SW was "pimped" with Ivory and engraving and that is probably why I still keep that wheel gun.

I want a 642, 442, or 637. I carry a Glock 23 IWB, even the subcompact 27 would be too bulky for pocket carry. The 27 and 642 serve a different purpose IMO, and I don't know that I'd have any use for a 27. When you add a pinky grip to the magazine you don't really gain much in concealability as compared to the compact models.

Guest Bluemax

Bayouvol,

Depending upon condition the Glock should be worth about 50.00 to 100.00 dollars more than the Smith. This is in dollars you will look up in a book which often differs from true value in real life.

If I were depending on a handgun to protect someone without considerable training then I would go with the Smith no questions asked, this is not to say that the Glock is not a well built handgun but the Glock requires more training than a Smith Snub and in the heat of the moment: simplicity is the way to go.

Guest cheez

I have both and both serve different purposes. I really like the 642 for summer carry. Much lighter and easier to carry in my front pocket. For shear firepower the Glock 27 wins hands down in every category. If I could only have one of the two it would definitely be the G27.

If both guns are in equal condition $50 boot is reasonable. If the G27 has night sights you are getting a real bargain at $50 boot.