Tagua Gunleather experiences?

While searching leather holsters on eBay, I found a slew of holsters for sale that are "Tagua" brand. Apparently they are made in Paraguay. Anybody have any experience with their stuff? Is it any good?

From the prices I've seen (only a few $ less than American stuff), I think I'd just as soon stick with the usual suspects (Don Hume, Galco, etc.), but just curious as to what folks thought.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple from them. They are decent holsters. I would much rather have a galco, but as you probably know, Tagua runs about half the cost. What I do like about them is their customer service. I called my order in (ordered 2 holsters), they knocked 5 bucks off both holster (for no reason), gave me free shipping and no tax, and it was at my house in 2 days. That's always a plus.

I've been looking for a 1911 belt slide holster (one of the basic ones). The Don Hume "Agent" model runs about $20 to $25. The Tagua equivalent is running $25 to $35. Maybe the other styles are cheaper than those of their competitors.

They do look nice enough, but I've had some really nice looking holsters that were among the worst I've ever owned. And some of the cheapest holsters I've bought are what I usually end up using.

My wife compares my holster purchases to women and their shoes...

Carry one everyday, even as I type, for a Ruger p345. I have an IWB, and while I cannot compare it to the high dollar holsters, I can say that it has served my needs well so far. My only complaint is that I think it needs a little tilt to it rather than the straight up 90 degrees. Overall, I am happy with the holster, and I would not hesitate to buy another one.

I picked one up for my full size 1911 at Hero-Gear a couple of months ago. Seems to be pretty good for the price. OWB belt type. Is still a little tight but is working fine. Didn't notice it when I purchased it but my extended thumb safety rides directly on the inside lip of the holster making it completely impossible to accidentally disengage it while the weapon is holstered. Guess I would like to have a nicer holster one day, but for the price it does the job.

Guest tn_outdoors_man
Bought one at Sportsmans for Glock 21 I carry daily,love it,little tight at first but working excellent now.Easy in,easy out.

Mine is tight also. Did you do anything special to loosen your's up?

Guest abailey362

I use a few of them, mainly the simple IWB sleeve for carrying my Kahr daily. No complains and it's held up well.

Only complaint is their fitment is sometimes off. I bought another one of the slides that lists fitment for an XD...and it doesn't fit. I forced it in, being stubborn and all, and the glue on the seam started sepearting. It is also stiched and still serves the purpose for me....but is a bit too small for the xd