Tennessee Patriot - New Publication

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife recieved a copy, and I did not- we both have a permit, but she only has one because i talked her into going to the class-

Then the paper ought to be yours...:D

Seriously though, I got one as well and it does seem to be alright. At least they didn't use the HCP database to send something like the Communist Appeal.....

Guest tnmom2amk

Received mine as well and was wondering where it came from. Figured it had to be the permit database since the address used my legal name...first, middle, last!! I usually shorten it for most everything that I subscribe to. From what I read, it appears that we will all get this for the year, but starting next year, there is the $5 fee

Guest Smitty

I got it just recently. I just started reading it, and from what I've read it seems like a decent paper about 2nd Amendment and other conservative issues even though I consider myself Libertarian. I think this paper will grow with more interest by local 2A supporting Tennesseans. I think Mr. Pope has a good thing going on. Keep it up!

Here we have a bunch of folks who were pissed about the Tennessean getting our names and addresses but are quite happy tha Bob Pope got it? Where's the outrage?

I don't want anyone to have that information for good or for evil. The fact that a "pro-gun" guy did this makes me even angrier. He, of all people, should have known better.

Rant over!!

Here we have a bunch of folks who were pissed about the Tennessean getting our names and addresses but are quite happy tha Bob Pope got it? Where's the outrage?

I don't want anyone to have that information for good or for evil. The fact that a "pro-gun" guy did this makes me even angrier. He, of all people, should have known better.

Rant over!!

Most everyone who wants a copy of those records has one by now. And while you may not like the fact that it is available to the public, you are comparing apples to oranges. It is one thing to distribute information to the list and it is another entirely to publish those names in newspaper or make them available on internet databases for everyone to search through. The paper only comes to you and if not for this site and people saying they got one, you would not know who else got one.

Rant over!!

What is the quickest way to get it pulled down from unlimited view and use?

If it's being out there starts getting more people involved on the side of Pro Gun, they will pull the availability quick.

The paper only comes to you and if not for this site and people saying they got one, you would not know who else got one.

He said how he got the names in one of his editorials. I was already pissed but somehow missed this thread until tonight.

I am a very consistent man. I hold all people, including myself, to the same standards. I don't hold one set of rules for liberals and one set for conservatives.

Unfortunately, too many people seem to have many double standards, when it suits their own desires. Sorry if my consistency offends you but as one of my college philosophy professors used to say "Consistency is the hallmark of ordered thought".

I can guarantee you that it takes a lot more than this interaction to offend me. I made no judgment at all as to whether you were right or wrong in my opinion about the list being public info. All I said was the use by the two specified entities, the MSM newspapers and Pope were really a comparison of apples and oranges.

For the purposes of the MSM papers their sole purpose was to provide the list of all of the permit holders in their papers or online for all to see. The second was the use of the list of send info out, to providing other names to public at large.

There is a distinct difference here, though I understand your position that the list should not be available at all, to anyone.