Obama Blasts Arizona Immigration Bill

Guest FroggyOne2

This is only a "feel good" bill.

The Arizona bill, currently awaiting the signature of Republican Gov. Jan Brewer, requires state law enforcement officials to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

It also will not stand long.

As soon as folks start getting pulled over or stopped for nothing more then being Latino, then heads will roll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as folks start getting pulled over or stopped for nothing more then being Latino, then heads will roll.

Maybe they'll pull over WASP looking people some, too.

Sort of like the spot checks of little old blue haired ladies in airports.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

It may be a feel good bill, but it may make some some

folks "feel good" that someone is doing something about

it. At least trying to do something.

I'm not so sure at this point. I watched a little on it this morning, and the Governor is already talking additional training for LEO's, and saying that racial profiling won't be tolerated. She was answering the ACLU's objections directly (even tho she didn't mention them). They may wind up holding off any court challenges.

Something needs to be done, and right or wrong, at least they did something.

Guest 6.8 AR

If a group of people are trafficking drugs and other known crimes in a location that

has a high percentage of that particular race and is known to be associated with those

type of crimes, why is that racial profiling? Could the term "racial profiling" just be

politically correct? I'm sure I don't know the answer to that question.

If a group of people are trafficking drugs and other known crimes in a location that

has a high percentage of that particular race and is known to be associated with those

type of crimes, why is that racial profiling? Could the term "racial profiling" just be

I'm pretty sick of the whole thing. I see red every time the TSA idiots shake down an 80 year old granny. I avoid commercial air travel like the plague because I have almost lost my temper with that bunch more than once. I drove a 6 state region for a couple of years to avoid it. I had the budget to do it all by air, but I would still be in jail :D.

I think the governor is addressing the ACLU in the right way IMO. They don't need that fight if they can avoid it. We should all be rooting for Arizona to make real progress, and that includes defending the law against the ACLU and others.

Dear President Obama:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11.. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. From Mexico. I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help. You're the man!!!

Dear President Obama:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11.. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. From Mexico. I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Immigration | The White House

Personally, I think Obama is soft on immigration, but the published policy ain't exactly what's outlined above.

Dear President Obama:

Outstanding! Seems ridiculous from a different perspective doesn't it?
Guest 6.8 AR
I'm pretty sick of the whole thing. I see red every time the TSA idiots shake down an 80 year old granny. I avoid commercial air travel like the plague because I have almost lost my temper with that bunch more than once. I drove a 6 state region for a couple of years to avoid it. I had the budget to do it all by air, but I would still be in jail :rolleyes:.

I think the governor is addressing the ACLU in the right way IMO. They don't need that fight if they can avoid it. We should all be rooting for Arizona to make real progress, and that includes defending the law against the ACLU and others.

I think she handled herself very well. I'm glad they are taking some initiative,

since Obama is looking at the political angle, somewhat like Bush may have done, also. I fly maybe once a decade, and I doubt anyone could be happy with the TSA. All that security and stuff still happens.

I think she handled herself very well. I'm glad they are taking some initiative,

since Obama is looking at the political angle, somewhat like Bush may have done, also. I fly maybe once a decade, and I doubt anyone could be happy with the TSA. All that security and stuff still happens.

Somebody needs to hammer this out, and who better to do it than the folks at ground zero. I think obama is going to lean toward being TOO fair, so I would much rather see the folks in Arzona take the bull by the horns.

Some folks at the federal level are probably breathing a sigh of relief, because no matter how they lean, it could cost them votes.

Guest 6.8 AR

You hit the nail on the head. One thing to remember, though. It is the role of the federal government to protect the border from foreign invasion. A lot of these crimes are being

committed by foreigners in this country illegally. The states affected are doing what they can. It really shouldn't be about being too fair, but that's real world, nowadays.

That's where politics gets in the way of being right or wrong.

You hit the nail on the head. One thing to remember, though. It is the role of the federal government to protect the border from foreign invasion. A lot of these crimes are being

committed by foreigners in this country illegally. The states affected are doing what they can. It really shouldn't be about being too fair, but that's real world, nowadays.

That's where politics gets in the way of being right or wrong.

I'm thinking some ranchers are going to start protecting part of the border in Arizona. We got a bunch of fed up folks down there, and they're all armed.

Guest boybarian
Hmm. Check me if I am wrong, but the basic view of the court system is all non-citizens have the same rights as Citizens within the U.S. This includes all Constitutional rights. I believe this is due to the viewpoint US Citizens abroad will be treated as we treat non-citizens...

U.S. citizens are required to follow the laws of the land they are in. Muslims carry a Koran in the U.S. but we cannot carry a Bible in most Muslim countries. Even the Mexican laws are harsh on illegal immigration.

O'Bama will not let this stand. He will use whatever trick needed to defeat it.

I think that will be the mistake that undoes him.

If you remember, Bush attempted immigration reform with the same viewpoint that Obama has.

His approval poll plummeted to 30% and that's how he left office..with the lowest approval rating of any president, ever.

according to a poll on cnn, 51% of AMerica likes this bill 41 don't and 8% don't know. and that wasn't a rasmussen poll...this bill transcends parties and both parties know it.

Even a few of my liberal friends get angry over illegal immigrants.

70% of Arizona residents like this bill (I'm thinking the other 30% are either family members of illegal immigrants or illegal immigrants themselves.

Also, one thing to think about.

Gov. Brewer mailed a request for help with the problems on the border not once, but FIVE times. She didn't even get a response to let her know that they received her letters.

She repeatedly asked for help through various media outlets. ...Nothing

yet when she signs a bill to take care of the problem herself, Obama immediately criticizes it.

yeah..take on the immigration problem "mr. president"..

This guy is his own worst enemy! LOL!

Maybe we should enact the same immigration laws that Mexico does... after all, fair IS fair.

1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be

conducted in our language.

4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Mexican Constitution

4-5, 9: Article 33: "Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country." (See also Article 35 listing the prerogatives of Mexican citizens.)

5: Article 32: "In order to belong to the National Navy or the Air Force, and to discharge any office or commission, it is required to be a Mexican by birth. This same status is indispensable for captains, pilots, masters, engineers, mechanics, and in general, for all personnel of the crew of any vessel or airship protected by the Mexican merchant flag or insignia It is also necessary to be Mexican by birth to discharge the position of captain of the port and all services of pratique and airport commandant, as well as all functions of customs agent in the Republic."

5: Article 55: "The following are the requirements to be a deputy:

I. To be a Mexican citizen by birth, in the exercise of his rights;"

Article 59 extends makes the requirements to be a Senator the same as a deputy, except for age. Article 82 require the President to be " Mexican citizen by birth, in the full enjoyment of his rights, and the son of Mexican parents by birth". Article 91 states that to be a secretary, you have to be a Mexican citizen by birth, too. Article 95 extends the requirement of Mexican citizenship by birth to ministers of the Supreme Court of Justice. Article 115 requires governors to be Mexican citizens by birth. Article 130 limits ministers of any religion in Mexico to Mexican citizens by birth.

8: Article 27: "Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters. The State may grant the same right to foreigners, provided they agree before the Ministry of Foreign Relations to consider themselves as nationals in respect to such property, and bind themselves not to invoke the protection of their governments in matters relating thereto; under penalty, in case of noncompliance with this agreement, of forfeiture of the property acquired to the Nation. Under no circumstances may foreigners acquire direct ownership of lands or waters within a zone of one hundred kilometers along the frontiers and of fifty kilometers along the shores of the country."

Edited by Worriedman

The police and courts will not go more head-to-head with the latino mob because of this legislation. They could get hurt that way. They'll go after migrant workers two days before payday, based on call from Anglo employer, just as they already do.

The flood of Mexican illegal immigration is based on several problems:

Living in Mexico sucks if you are an indian Mexican. If I were born as an indian in Mexico, instead of the German-American I am, I would be a strong swimmer and learning English!

They are hired here by Anglo farmers and industries (mostly staunch Republicans btw) for profit motive (low labor costs = higher profits, duh!)

Law enforcement does not grab the workers at the beginning of the planting season, or just before harvest. they grab them after the harvest is in and usually two days before the workers' payday. Gee, this just has to be coincidence!

The Arizona Law is not going to change any of the root problems, and it is going to be very expensive to enforce. The criminal element is still going to grease palms and keep its turf. The farmers and small plants are still going to be allowed to recruit and hire illegals (the owners and farmers are big contributors of campaign funds.)

Most of the workers that took American jobs are still in Mexico, working at American plants that moved there after the big tax breaks given them by previous administrations, both Dem and GOP. Is the Governor of Arizona sending her cops down to Mexico to arrest those folks?

This was strictly a political move to embarass the federal government. In the end it will just embarass the Arizona state government when the massive civil rights stuff hits the fan.

The problem is social-economic-political and too big and complex to be solved just by law enforcement.

They are hired here by Anglo farmers and industries (mostly staunch Republicans btw)

I would need some proof of a broad statement like that. It sure doesn't hold true in Tennessee, and more so here in Sumner and Macon Counties. Farmers here use the Mex labor and they are mostly staunch Democrats per what I have seen of their candidates and current county representation. Why would they vote republican for Federal and Democrat for local?

Profiling is just what it is, using past data and information to predict the variables of the future. Cars swerving on the road are the profile of a drunk driver. People wearing masks into banks usually predict bank robbers and anyone coming out of a known drug area with plates indicating they live elsewhere lead to arrests of people buying drugs. It's a useful thing that thinking people use to do what little of crime prevention is available to LEO.

This was strictly a political move to embarass the federal government. In the end it will just embarass the Arizona state government when the massive civil rights stuff hits the fan.

Non-citizens have neither civil rights nor constitutional rights. Perhaps in their own country, but not here.

Non-citizens have neither civil rights nor constitutional rights. Perhaps in their own country, but not here.

It won't be the illegals, it will be second and third generation legal Mexican-americans who are profiled and hassled by the LEAs. They don't look any different and they are going to get some massive hassling. Just the nature of the beast.

... Farmers here use the Mex labor and they are mostly staunch Democrats per what I have seen...

Who cares.

The simple fact remains, that if there weren't a labor market for illegal aliens, they wouldn't be here. Sure, there would be some pure criminals, but the vast influx we have simply would not be in place if they couldn't get jobs.

I also truly believe that, beyond the burden of mostly free emergency room visits, the amount of welfare illegal aliens receive is vastly overstated by some factions. And of course deadbeat citizens put the majority of pressure on emergency room visits. However, whatever welfare that illegals (or their now legal children in many cases) do receive and however much pressure they put on other social services would not be an issue if they hadn't been lured over the border by the likelihood of employment to begin with.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot