A Disaster Of Mega Proportions Brewing In Gulf

Guest KarlS

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

One of Hannity's guests tonight, Fox Business's Sandra Smith was saying that BP

doesn't have 20 Billion bucks to put in a trust fund, that their market value, currently

is valued less than that, also. If that's true, Obama told another one. We better hope their relief wells work because nobody has a fix to this mess, and for BP to support

the trust fund, they need to be pumping the oil. Unless you would rather they rename

the company "Barack Petroleum". BP for short.

Guest HvyMtl

Ok, they posted 16 BILLION in profits last year alone. They have the $.

The depth the relief wells are cutting in gives credence to the opinion article I recently posted, there are breaks in the piping well below the surface...

• Admin Team

BP's market cap at the close of the market today was $99.71 billion at $32.11/share. They've got some blood to shed in the market before this is done, but they're certainly worth more than $20 billion.

Read what they tell you, listen to what they say, and then use the common sense the good Lord gave you to ask yourself if they're being straight with us. My conclusion right now is that they are all either liars or fools.

I need to get one of those Fox Mulder "Trust No One" posters.

I've got nothing more to add today. I was having a good time earlier going back and forth with mike and 6.8, but I'm spent for the day.

Is that video "live" or recorded? How can they not collect it all by now?

Looks like they're in the process of replacing the cap. The new one is supposed to have a better seal. The way I understand it, their capacity up top is their limitation. They are supposed to reach the capacity to capture pretty much all of the oil at some point, but may actually finish the relief well first. I think they're on their final approach to intersecting the well.

Speculation. I know a bunch of those folks. To a lot of them, an ass whippin' is still a viable means for conflict resolution :confused:

Oh I understand that. That was my friendly warning to another of the ranks here that he might be careful of what he speaks in front of others and I became his assailant!

I amaze myself at what I can do with a keyboard and some electrons sometimes.

Oh I understand that. That was my friendly warning to another of the ranks here that he might be careful of what he speaks in front of others and I became his assailant!

I amaze myself at what I can do with a keyboard and some electrons sometimes.

I've been impressed more than once :confused:

Is that video "live" or recorded? How can they not collect it all by now?

OK, turns out that one of BP's finest crashed an ROV into the riser and dinged one of the coolant pipes. Douchebag. They're fixing the suck device now. Of course, it will take them forever to put it back on again.

Guys, there is a HUGE misunderstanding here, BP does not run the ROV's they never have and never will, they hire contractors that do that. Companies like the one that employs me. The Douche bag that did this works for an ROV company called SubSea 7, Oceaneering and Subsea 7 have some of the worse ROV pilots in the business, I know a few of them who were rejects from other companies that I have worked for. So far they have refused to listen to us ROV guys and get a damn clue from those of us who know how to handle this situation. Myself and several others have begged them to listen to our Idea's, but they will not. What many of you do not realize is the HUGE stranglehold that our fine President has put on us by not allowing us to use our own Ideas or asking the opinion of people who have a HUGE amount of experience with this stuff.

The live feeds that are being shown, are just that LIVE, Subsea 7 has had a damn Sub (ROV) watching this well erupt for over 3 weeks without attempting in anyway to stop it. I can not tell you guys how much this pisses me off. I could have sacrificed a 1.8 Million dollar ROV and stopped 80% of this leak weeks ago. This crap has me so frustrated that I am taking another Job with a company that will keep me overseas so that I will never work in the Gulf again.

For any of you that are interested here is a link to all of the ROV feeds

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?categoryId=9033572&contentId=7062605

Edited by willis68

I watched them put the cap back on and one of the Enterprise ROVs bumped a Skandia one that was coming in to deploy the dispersant pipe. Oops!

Willis, you gonna need any help. I'm tired of dealing with the union where I work. They can figure it out for themselves as soon as I can move on.

I watched them put the cap back on and one of the Enterprise ROVs bumped a Skandia one that was coming in to deploy the dispersant pipe. Oops!

Willis, you gonna need any help. I'm tired of dealing with the union where I work. They can figure it out for themselves as soon as I can move on.

The Enterprise has Oceaneering onboard, I did not watch that but I know of several mistakes that they have made in the past. Hopefully the industry will pick up in the future, I am taking a position with a Swiss company where I will not have to worry about the Gulf. My current company is so dependent on BP that I know in my heart it is time to go. I have been trying for over 3 years to work for The company that I am going to, I will be only the 4th American working for their ROV Department, they are a HUGE company with a small ROV department and still are under a hiring freeze and I am truly blessed to have been offered this position. I have a terrible feeling that a lot of my co workers and friends will soon be out of a job

The Enterprise has Oceaneering onboard, I did not watch that but I know of several mistakes that they have made in the past. Hopefully the industry will pick up in the future, I am taking a position with a Swiss company where I will not have to worry about the Gulf. My current company is so dependent on BP that I know in my heart it is time to go. I have been trying for over 3 years to work for The company that I am going to, I will be only the 4th American working for their ROV Department, they are a HUGE company with a small ROV department and still are under a hiring freeze and I am truly blessed to have been offered this position. I have a terrible feeling that a lot of my co workers and friends will soon be out of a job

Congrats, thanks for sharing your experienced opinion, and yah - lots of folks are going to be hurting for a long time after this is 'over'...

• Admin Team

We've started getting tarballs on CR-30A thus week. Grayton Beach, Seaside and Santa Rosa beach are all getting them. A friend of mine down here told me that not a single piece of property in Seaside or Watercolor has sold since the spill happened.

This is going to have a major long term impact.