"Fun to shoot" Semi-Auto options...

Bubbatn

Guest Plainsman

You can pick up a SW 15-22 for about $399. That may be the best of both worlds for you; the look and the accessorizing ability of the AR but is cheap to shoot. Its on my list...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrChicken
You can pick up a SW 15-22 for about $399. That may be the best of both worlds for you; the look and the accessorizing ability of the AR but is cheap to shoot. Its on my list...

Ditto. Buy quality accessories for it and then when you get your real AR you can just move them over. Or just put the less expensive stuff on it and have a blast.

Guest mr_b8908

go for the centerfire systems bulgarian ak-74, it is the best deal out on the market with the cheapest ammo to boot, well other than .22, but its close :D I have one and a case of ammo and it goes to the range everytime i go, because i can actually afford to shoot it :devil:

Guest smileyguy
i personally dont like the ak cuz they are so inaccurate but they werent built to be.

Kurt

"so inaccurate"? The inaccuracy of the AK gets WILDLY exaggerated. They're not 1 MOA guns by any means, but they are plenty accurate.

What is your application or goal?

If you just want to blast off ammo anything will work.

If you want to be reasonably accurate and hit targets repeatedly at a distance; you narrow the field greatly.

620 bucks will get you an M1 Garand shipped to your door. Best option out there

That’s kinda what I was thinking, but a quality CMP Garand is only about $500

What is your application or goal?

If you just want to blast off ammo anything will work.

If you want to be reasonably accurate and hit targets repeatedly at a distance; you narrow the field greatly.

That’s kinda what I was thinking, but a quality CMP Garand is only about $500

I suppose my application would be just a fun to shoot range gun, however I do want it to be reasonably accurate(as accurate as I could be with it anyway) and be fairly consistent with it(again....as consistent as I could be).

And i'll say it again, I want something more than a .22...I want something with a little "umph" behind it.

After some discussion today with some good company, I think I am leaning towards a sks of some sorts. I did also get to shoot a garand, which I LOVED, however that is a little bit out of the price range I really want to spend right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheap and fun to shoot.....

I'd say a used SKS. Out of the box they are fun shooters without all the tacraptical aftermarket parts it has for it.

Until I modded my own I was strongly anti 10/22. But for the $450 (total) I spent on my son's I'd say it's worth doing at least once.

Before the 10/22 I bought my son a Marlin 795 for $99 @ Dick's. The stock sights suck but $75 pair of Tech Sights made a world of difference. Mags were $15 each @ Gander Mountian.

AND finally I bought a TacSol .22lr upper for my AR15 and that is what I shoot the most now.That was the smartest firearms buy I made in a long time. I can't remember when I could afford to shoot over 500 rounds in 1 range trip since 2006.

...Maybe you should get a Mosin, even though it's not semi-auto.

Under .20/round, plus you won't shoot much of it at a time. :tinfoil:...

- OS

I wouldn't say that too fast. I'm on my second 880 round case of Bulgarian 148gr 7.62x54R and I bought my Mosin for a year. I regularly shoot 50-80 rounds per range trip when I bring my M91/30. I especially like to bring it out when the bench rest shooters are shooting thier $2000 uber rimfire .000001 MOA rifles trying to get that perfect group. Sounds like a Howitzer between the stalls.

I wouldn't say that too fast. I'm on my second 880 round case of Bulgarian 148gr 7.62x54R and I bought my Mosin for a year. I regularly shoot 50-80 rounds per range trip when I bring my M91/30....

Without a nancy pad?

You have maximum machismo. :tinfoil:

- OS

Guest kdud03

sks would be best an ammo is cheap

.30 carbine is fun ammo $20 for 50

peace together an ar15 slowly is fun

ak47 fun but innacurate or at least mine was (buddys is very accurate )

hi point 9mm carbine would be cheap an fun but suffers range

just my .02