Walmart and Ammo?

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Just curious to see if Walmart was still upholding the 6 ammo limit right now?

I used to see signs all over the place but since most Walmart remodeled around here, I haven't seen them posted up again since...so I wondered if they lifted the limit or it was still in place?

I hope its still in place because its definitely helping Walmart keep the ammo stocked up...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
I would rather not buy from Walmart. Their business model has crippled the US economy.

Please buy from other sources.

I try.

When Walmart is the only place that has it, and / or Mom and Pop want $49 for a box of .45ACP and Walmart has it for $28, what am I supposed to do?

Buy it from Mom and Pop who actually don't act like they appreciate my business? It doesn't make me feel good all over to spend an additional 40%

to shop local. (true figures and true facts of a recent occurrence).

I understand your point. I do. But let's be reasonable too. For the record, I make ABSOLUTELY every attempt to buy local and small. But not at a 40% mark-up to show my 'patriotism.'

I was in the Rivergate/Madison Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. They had a zillion boxes of 9mm and .40, and I didn't notice any signage indicating a limit.

I don't see any signs around Knoxville either anymore, but they're still consistent with the 6 box limit.

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84
I don't see any signs around Knoxville either anymore, but they're still consistent with the 6 box limit.

- OS

Same here, so thats why I wondered about the box limit as if it was still in effect or not. Glad to see that most of the limits is still in effect.

I would rather not buy from Walmart. Their business model has crippled the US economy.

Wal-Mart is an American company - it's the largest private employer and also the largest grocery retailer in the US. Millions of Americans also own Wal-Mart stock. If you have any kind of retirement fund or mutuals, you probably do too.

It sounds to me like the greatest American success story within the capitalistic free enterprise system so touted here. Yes, I'm familiar with the downsides of such a mega corp, but on the other hand, how can one fault our greatest retail success story? Isn't that the goal?

Quite debatable as to all the factors that have "crippled the US economy", and it certainly won't make any difference whether I shop there or not. Ammo and guns account for the majority of my purchases there, and most all of it is American made also. Those companies are making money off my purchases -- even with the mega discount buying power of WallyWorld, it isn't like Winchester, Remington, Marlin, and Ruger and etc. are selling their products at a loss there.

Indeed, I pay extra $30 per year just so I can shop there (Sam's).

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest bluemarlin

I was in Walmart Oak Ridge 2 or 3 nights ago to buy some ammo and the guy behind the counter said that there was no longer any limit as to how much you could buy and the one box per customer per day sign was gone. They seemed to have plenty of everything except for .380.

Oak Ridge Wally World was still a 1 box limit as of a week ago.
I was in Walmart Oak Ridge 2 or 3 nights ago to buy some ammo and the guy behind the counter said that there was no longer any limit as to how much you could buy and the one box per customer per day sign was gone....

Sounds like same old sales clerk disinformation system is still active.

- OS

Guest Sgt. Joe

It has been a couple weeks since I was in the N. Jackson WM, I dont ever remember seeing any signs but they still told the man in front of me that there was a six box limit.

There may well BE signs I just dont recall seeing them.

The South store here is lucky to have six of ammo boxes period.

I was told it was up to the individual managers as to what they ordered when I asked why the South store never had anything except 22 and shotgun shells.

They also told me that they (N.store) had only seen maybe a dozen or two boxes of 380 over the past year or so but that it was always on order. Dude also told me that when they do get 380 it is always a very little amount and I had missed by two days of them getting in 3 whole boxes of 50 rounds each. Of course the first person who saw it got it.

I will support our local stores and even pay a bit more but not 40% more. We have a new little gun store that seems to keep some 380 on hand. And nothing there is marked WAY up. 100 round WWB stuff is a buck and a half maybe two bucks higher than WM so I do buy there when I can. But will also check the WM pretty regular.

I am quite happy that we still have a K-Mart, otherwise I would have to shop at WM more. Our K-mart does not however carry any handgun ammo at all.

I have personal reasons why I would rather not shop at WM. But then I do when it suits "me":D

FREEDOM.....Aint it great:)

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
I was in the Rivergate/Madison Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. They had a zillion boxes of 9mm and .40, and I didn't notice any signage indicating a limit.

Every Wal-Mar I go into has plenty of 9mm and .40 S&W, but no .45ACP EVER!!!!

Guest Bronker
Every Wal-Mar I go into has plenty of 9mm and .40 S&W, but no .45ACP EVER!!!!

I bought 300 rds at the Dickson WM last week. There was plenty left.

Guest Daelith

Oakland WalMart has a 2 box limit. They've had 9mm lately. .45 is iffy. Always have .40. Never ever seen .380 there. Kicking myself for not grabbing the 2 boxes of .32 the last time I saw them there.

Maybe offering low prices to millions of Americans have helped put more cash back in Americans pockets... in return helping the economy.

Or maybe WalMart's employment of 400(+-) people per store has helped the economy.

versus the one or two employees the 'mom and pop shop' it replaced employed...

All the Knox area Wallies I've bought from in the last year or more have been consistent with the 6 box limit.

- OS

I bought 10 boxes of 9mm at the Chapman Hwy WM about a week ago.

I guess it depends on the blue-vest you're dealing with.