Obama to diss the Arlington ceremony on Monday

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest proudsuthrner

he's taking way to many vacations i think. i mean, i dont even get that many and i'm unemployed right now lol

Look, I'm no Obama defender - I think he's a clown and he's destroying our country - but unless you guys were as critical with Bush as you are with Obama (I was), it's a but hypocritical.

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

He's had fewer vacation days than Bush I, Bush II, and Reagan had. Only Clinton and Carter had fewer in the last 35 years.

I don't think using the Annenburg's project factcheck.org is the most reliable source.

The problem is Obama calls them one thing while he's doing another. Kinda like all those CEO's who claim golf outing as work trips.

I don't think using the Annenburg's project factcheck.org is the most reliable source.

Fine, feel free to find another source you agree with, though the numbers won't change much.

Just saying, there are PLENTY of things to pick at Obama about, let's not get carried away with this sort of fluff. I certainly don't recall too many folks complaining about the number of vacation days Bush II took his first year (other than the libtards that screamed about every little thing he did)...

Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe I'm wrong, too, crimsonaudio, but it was reported, last night, by Ann Kornblut of the Washington Post, of his vacation plans and skipping. As far as I'm concerned, he can stay on vacation the rest of his term.

I also agree with Smith on that website's credibility and bias.

Both sides are spinning this to their fancy, but I will stay to the right of the aisle. He

cares very little for our soldiers, living or dead.

I just found out he has cancelled his plans and will now go to the gulf oil spill. Hope

has a hard hat. I'm sure he will do a lot of good there:D

Fine, feel free to find another source you agree with, though the numbers won't change much.

Just saying, there are PLENTY of things to pick at Obama about, let's not get carried away with this sort of fluff. I certainly don't recall too many folks complaining about the number of vacation days Bush II took his first year (other than the libtards that screamed about every little thing he did)...

I agree it's a nitpick point, but it was a non-issue with Bush because, well ..... it was a non issue. If you check most of Bush's so-called vacations (only called that recently when trying to defend Obama BTW) were to Camp David or Crawford. On those trips nearly all of them were in conjunction with government officials, other foreign dignitaries, or meetings. Clinton did the same thing, but (gasp) were treated as diplomatic trips as opposed to vacations.

Again I agree there are far more important Obama problems than this, but it is indicative of his narcissism.

I agree it's a nitpick point, but it was a non-issue with Bush because, well ..... it was a non issue. If you check most of Bush's so-called vacations (only called that recently when trying to defend Obama BTW) were to Camp David or Crawford. On those trips nearly all of them were in conjunction with government officials, other foreign dignitaries, or meetings. Clinton did the same thing, but (gasp) were treated as diplomatic trips as opposed to vacations.

Again I agree there are far more important Obama problems than this, but it is indicative of his narcissism.

The POTUS actually gets very few non-working days.

Vacation or not.

Be it Obama, bush, or whomever.

The POTUS actually gets very few non-working days.

Vacation or not.

Be it Obama, bush, or whomever.

Absolutely agree, however Obama has taken a few eyebrow raising "true" vactions that few others have. It's kinda puzzling to me. That being said I see this issue as the zoo moneys throwing poo at each other.

Absolutely agree, however Obama has taken a few eyebrow raising "true" vactions that few others have. It's kinda puzzling to me. That being said I see this issue as the zoo moneys throwing poo at each other.

C'mon, really?

Bush took a single 30 day vacation in August of 2001 - that was longer than all of Obama's vacations in his first year combined.

They all get very little time off, whether they're good or suck as POTUS, but seriously, to act as if Obama is blazing a new trail wrt vacations is silly, imo.

I get that you don't like Obama - I don't care for him, either - but let's see some facts if we're going to continue this discussion.

Guest 6.8 AR

To me, it is a matter of his disdain for the military, not vacationing. That's just a

distraction. He came up with a "National Workers Memorial Day" in response to the

miners that died, recently, yet, chooses to do something else about Memorial Day, like visit the Gulf oil spill, rather than spend quality time with Bill Ayers.

I guess, politically, it looks better to go to the Gulf than to Chicago. Nevermind dead

soldiers.

Bush took a single 30 day vacation in August of 2001 - that was longer than all of Obama's vacations in his first year combined.
This is inaccurate. Don't trust everything(or anything) you hear out of Michael Moore. From this site- Bowling For Truth In August 2001, Bush was "on vacation" from the 7th-13th and the 21st-25th. He was still receiving daily security briefings and had his staff with him. You can read the official press briefings at the site linked. He also worked on a Habitat for Humanity house while on "vacation".

I am not trying to defend Bush. I don't like him and thought he was a horrible president, although he looks better and better every day by comparison. Just pointing out that you can't really believe everything that MM says.;)

This is inaccurate. Don't trust everything(or anything) you hear out of Michael Moore. From this site- Bowling For Truth In August 2001, Bush was "on vacation" from the 7th-13th and the 21st-25th. He was still receiving daily security briefings and had his staff with him. You can read the official press briefings at the site linked. He also worked on a Habitat for Humanity house while on "vacation".

I didn't get that from anything Michael Moore - I can't stand that windbag.

The point I'm making is every presidential 'vacation' is probably just like what Bush did in '01. I suspect Obama will receive daily briefings as well. He'll just make even worse decisions regarding what he's told than Bush did.

hehe

I don't like him and thought he was a horrible president, although he looks better and better every day by comparison.
Man, I never thought I'd see the day where I agreed with this sentiment...
I didn't get that from anything Michael Moore - I can't stand that windbag.
Sorry, my mistake. I just assumed you might have seen it in that movie.;)
The point I'm making is every presidential 'vacation' is probably just like what Bush did in '01. I suspect Obama will receive daily briefings as well. He'll just make even worse decisions regarding what he's told than Bush did.
I think the problem that some people have with this particular vacation is what he will be missing, especially considering his perceived disdain for our fighting men and women. Personally, I wish he'd go on permanent vacation. The less time he spends on the job, the less damage he can do.:D
You mean he's sending someone in his stead like Bush I, Bush II and Saint Reagan did?

Bush, Bush, and Reagan didn't have the same credibility issues with the military that Obama seems to have, nor were they in the habit of constantly apologizing to other countries for our 'mistakes'.

My opinion is that this was a bad political move for O-POTUS, especially during a time of war.