Obama to diss the Arlington ceremony on Monday

Really? He is the anti-christ because of this. Do some research, find out how many other presidents attended Arlington every year. And you really think he has no interest in the well being of the military. Give me a break. I may not agree with all of his policies, but as some of the others have said, work on doing something about it. Talk is cheap.

Oh yeah, I wonder how many who have responded to this thread have ever been to a Ceremony on Memorial Day. How many go every year. I have, but I don't go every year and I 100% support this country and our troops. President or not, you have no more excuses than he does.

I'm sick of the hypocracry from everyone! (that includes Democrats, Republicans, or any other 'ats, 'ans or any other political group you want).

What are you doing Monday???

This is total BS. How does my attendance at Arlington equate to the President's? I'm about done posting anything on the political portions of this site. Too much crap like this.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Sorry for the rant. Just sick of reading this B.S. and seeing NO ACTION taken in getting a viable candidate to run against him.

Its like those fellows who dont vote, but b*tch anyway. All sound and no fury.

So, are you saying EVERY President who missed a Memorial Day Ceremony is UnPatriotic? Or just Obama is, because he missed one?

I'm not the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.
This is total BS. How does my attendance at Arlington equate to the President's? I'm about done posting anything on the political portions of this site. Too much crap like this.

I didn't say you had to attend Arlington or be Commander in Chief. I asked how many have ever attended a ceremony. If you believe it's less important for you to go show your respect because you're not the president, I made my case.

He is going to a ceremony at a cemetery in Illinois and Biden is going to Arlington. If he was going to Hooters and hanging out having wings while all of this was going on, I might buy some of this, but that's not the case.

I bet if your family member who was a veteran was laid to rest at the cemetery where he is going, it wouldn't be as big of deal.

Edited by Hozzie
Working. :rolleyes:

Same here. I'm not sure how many days (months?) we have left before we get to keep some of what we've earned (i.e. "earned" = trading sweat equity for fiduciary compensation) this year. So far we've been working for Uncle Sam, illegal aliens and those Americans who won't work, and perhaps for a few who can't, but mostly for those who won't.

Guest bkelm18

Going to have margaritas with friends at some ****hole mexican joint. That's what I'm doing. Nothing like eating food prepared by illegals to help remember the fallen.

Guest HvyMtl

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/05/31/natpkg.memorial.day.cnn&hpt=C1#

Just gonna leave this here...

and this: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/31/memorial.day.observances/index.html?hpt=C1

"Obama's absence from Memorial Day services at Arlington is not unprecedented, but in recent years it has been a common practice to attend. President Bill Clinton went every year of his presidency, and President George W. Bush went each year except for the year he was in Europe to commemorate the D-Day anniversary. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush did not attend regularly.

Um. So, you are saying Reagan and Bush Sr. are also UnPatriotic, and Clinton is a Patriot?

Propaganda from either side is not the truth... Please do not fall for it. Watch for the real concerns, and mark the false as false.

As for those who attempt to use our troops, their sacrifices, and the memories of them their families have to further a political agenda, in my opinion, most definitely are the real concern...

Edited by HvyMtl

ok, so did barry go last year?

Regardless, still seems like a calculated finger to our troops and to true Americans in general.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Just gonna leave this here...

and this: Obama cites 'nobility, majesty' in commemorating nation's war dead - CNN.com

"Obama's absence from Memorial Day services at Arlington is not unprecedented, but in recent years it has been a common practice to attend. President Bill Clinton went every year of his presidency, and President George W. Bush went each year except for the year he was in Europe to commemorate the D-Day anniversary. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush did not attend regularly.

Um. So, you are saying Reagan and Bush Sr. are also UnPatriotic, and Clinton is a Patriot?

Propaganda from either side is not the truth... Please do not fall for it. Watch for the real concerns, and mark the false as false.

As for those who attempt to use our troops, their sacrifices, and the memories of them their families have to further a political agenda, in my opinion, most definitely are the real concern...

Guest HvyMtl

So, visiting a different Military Cemetery is somehow an affront? O even did a wreath ceremony at the Cemetery in Illinois, and was to address the crowd, which was interrupted by Thunderstorms.

How is it less Patriotic to honor the troops at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery instead of Arlington?

And yes, he went last year...

Edited by HvyMtl