I agree with what was done.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
Your really making this way to difficult. PANCAKES!

Their Pancakes.

We're talking 'bout pancakes!

They're their pancakes? Are you sure? Might not be theirs....

J.

Oh that's right. Make it all about you now.:death:

@ Bronker, not Jack. Ole Jack's quick with a keyboard I tell ya! Powered by a Rightwinger Tactical Transceiver with nuclear power chip by BP!

Edited by Rightwinger
so Bronker would know I cared (bought ..that much)
Guest jackdm3
Thanks Bronk. Funny thread.

Any now I understand that they're interested in their pancakes over there... :death:

Any wut?

You need flapjacks, dude! You seem tired.

Guest Jamie
Yep, got me there. Wrong their/they're. I hate contractions. Your right Jamie.

:death:

I'll ( I will) do better. Dang it.

What about my right?

A hell, nevermind.... Have a waffle.

Oolong_last_head_performance.jpg

J.

Guest Jamie

I should add that.... I know what was done, I know why it was done, I know when it was done, I know who it was done to, and I know where it was done... and I know who done it. :death:

And I agree it needed to be done.

.... Just in case anybody was wondering. :tough:

J.

Guest SUNTZU
I should add that.... I know what was done, I know why it was done, I know when it was done, I know who it was done to, and I know where it was done... and I know who done it. :death:

And I agree it needed to be done.

.... Just in case anybody was wondering. :tough:

J.

If TMMT was banned I disagree with the decision. He was just another source of info. His post were better reading than most. I don't care for crooks regardless where they work. Some of our lawmakers are the biggest crooks and most people here worship them.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Administrator
I've been mulling over this LEO thing for several days. I don't have a dog in this fight nor do I want one. Seems to me that if you censor opinions regarding negative feelings toward LEO's, then you should censor negative feelings about .380's or Open Carry or Democrats... (All of which I am against, BTW - But at least I'm willing to listen.)

I would say that if you censor anti's, then you must also censor pro's.

Kind of like saying that 'abortion' is a forbidden subject to bring up on talk radio, because the entire subject turns to that. Or I guess I should now include 'immigration' as well.

And for the record, I disagree with the decision.

Just to keep it on topic.

Sean

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if anyone agrees with or disagrees with the decisions that I make as long as I sleep well having made them. This may sound like a smart-ass reply but I assure you it isn't. It's just the fact that once the die are cast, the only person who has to live with the decision is me.

This issue has been boiling for so long now that it was well beyond time to do something about it. The moderators have been struggling with which direction to take, and I've been pushing for weeks now to just let heads roll. Suffice it to say the moderators are largely more patient than I am. We have a very good moderating team.

Four factors need to be considered:

1. As I stated in my announcement on the issue, we have members here who are in Law Enforcement and they have gotten tired of the cop bashing. Particularly from someone, like TMMT, who purportedly is in the Internal Affairs business and seemed to be showing a serious hard-on for maligning them every chance he got. Cops expect IA people to be fair and just, but this guy clearly had a predisposed bias against.

2. TGO is not a media clearing house for anti-cop materials. Frankly we're not a media clearing house for anti-anything materials. We're a forum about firearms and firearms ownership. There's no justification for someone posting that many negative things about a particular profession that has very little to do with firearms ownership, over and over and over. He had beaten that dead horse long enough.

3. We have vendor partners who's livelihood depends partially on sales to Law Enforcement agencies and officers. How hard do you think it is for cops to support a vendor that supports a site that doesn't support them?

Before some incredibly bright individual pops off with an "Ah hah! It's all about the money!" let me remind everyone that it takes money to keep a site of this size online and we all should value the participation and support of our vendors.

4. Last but not least, my actions were certainly not "severe" (as has been suggested privately) considering not only the above but also the fact that I've been more than patient and provided an overabundance of opportunities for TMMT and others to cut it out. Actually I provided them too many opportunities. In hindsight, my patience just prolonged the inevitable.

So no, it wasn't severe. It was long in coming.

I agree with it as well. My only question is about his avatar. Did TMMT change it to that to be a smart-a$$ before being banned, or is that TGODavid's work? If it's the latter, that's effin hilarious!

The avatar change? Oh... yeah... well, if you piss me off enough you never know what might happen to an avatar. :D