New Member from Chattanooga

Guest tcfd322

Guest tcfd322

I've been lurking around on this site for about a year now so I figured I might as well join.

My name is Spence. I'm 21yrs old and I've been living in Chattanooga for the past 2 years. I was born and raised in Memphis (Bartlett to be specific). When I lived in Memphis, I worked in the active criminal file room (LL-81) for General Sessions in 201 Poplar and it was one of the most "interesting" jobs I've ever gotten to work (i.e. I got to read EVERYTHING).

I'm currently a member of the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department. We take care of the southeastern portion of Hamilton County (i.e. Collegedale, Ooltewah, Apison, and East Brainerd). I'm pursuing a career in emergency medicine and the fire service. I'm currently going to Chattanooga State to get my EMT license, Paramedic license, Nursing degree, and Fire Science degree.

I've become really interested in guns over the past few years. I've been shooting my friend's "arsenal" which consists of an AR-15, GSG-5, AK47, Mosin Nagant, Walther P22, and a Feg PA63. I didn't buy my first gun until I turned 21 about 4 months ago and that was a Glock 19. I used to hate Glocks but my buddy Chance (known as Halfpint on these boards) let me shoot his a couple of weeks before I turned 21 and I loved it.

As far as where I go to shoot, my friends and I used to go out to Prentice Cooper but, as many of you fellow Hamilton County residents know, that place is a huge hassle and there are occasionally some questionable folks up there. We've been shooting lately at a plot of land down in Georgia that my friend's family owns but I've recently gotten a charter membership for the indoor range at Chattanooga's new gun store, Shooters Depot (really great store by the way). Once the range is finished and open, my goal is to shoot my Glock there once a week.

I've had my HCP for about a month now. I've been studying carry laws for about a year. I will open carry or conceal carry depending on what I'm wearing. I usually wear one of my fire dept. shirts when I open carry. I think it honestly reduces the likelihood of being "hassled."

The only strength I can really offer to these boards is my understanding of the carry laws. Also, a plus is that my roommate/best friend's dad is the TN state rep for the 97th district (Bartlett, TN). My overall firearm knowledge is very low compared to many of you so I'm more here to learn in that respect.

Wow, sorry for the long introduction. I'm a pretty wordy person.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. You do have other options for places to shoot. You could become a cowboy and shoot Cowboy Action at least 2x a month. We shoot at Mystery Dog Ranch off of I75 exit 1 this weekend, and at the Cleveland Hunting Rifle and Pistol Club next week. I live in Lakesite and joined the Cleveland Club to be able to have a good place to shoot. They also have the other major shooting disciplines as well, IDPA, PPC, etc. I have land about 5 miles past PC State Park and used to shoot there, but it's a long way to go. Everyone knows about the PC Park range problems. I wont go there anymore.

Cherokee Slim