Committing crimes Americans will not do.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KNOXVILLE - An illegal immigrant has admitted killing a former Alabama homecoming queen at a West Knoxville hotel and accepted a plea deal that requires him to spend 51 years in prison.

Valentino Vasquez Miranda signed the plea deal this afternoon and Knox County Criminal Court Judge Bob McGee approved it.

The agreement also requires Miranda to identify any accomplices, according to Assistant District Attorney General Kevin Allen.

Allen said DNA on Jennifer Hampton's pants suggest at least one other man may have been involved in her rape.

Miranda had been reluctant to accept the deal early today because he did not want to face Hampton's family in open court, according to her mother.

Cynthia Senn said she was summoned to Knox County Criminal Court this morning and was told that prosecutors had offered Miranda a plea deal in which he would be sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after 51 years and that Miranda had accepted.

Miranda, however, appeared in court and was refusing to sign the plea agreement. Hampton's family was told that it was because he didn't want to make the deal in open court.

Miranda is charged with the rape and murder of Hampton, 21, in September 2008 at a Days Inn on Lovell Road.

Hampton was staying at the Days Inn after traveling to Knoxville to help open a new restaurant here.

Miranda, a 20-year-old Mexican who is in the U.S. illegally and does not speak English, shared a room at the same motel with his common-law wife, who worked in housekeeping.

Authorities say Miranda allegedly stole a master key from his wife while she slept, sneaked into Hampton's room, and raped and killed her before dumping her body in Melton Hill Lake.

His wife cooperated with Knoxville Police Department Investigator Steve Still after finding blood on Miranda's clothes.

More details as they develop online and in Friday's News Sentinel.

Illegal immigrant reference.
  • Admin Team

I'm curious as to why this guy was reluctant to sign his plea deal in open court???

I've worked a lot of cases, and been a part of a lot of plea deals over the years, but that's the first I ever recall seeing something like this.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Can we hang his body at the border?

No, because Knoxville and TN taxpayers, i.e. us, are going to pay taxes to feed him for the rest of his life. :D

Did a report freshmen year in college. Illegal Immigrants cost American taxpayers 33 Billion Dollars per year to keep them alive in prison.

Drop them in the ocean with their new concrete shoes.

No, because Knoxville and TN taxpayers, i.e. us, are going to pay taxes to feed him for the rest of his life. :D

Did a report freshmen year in college. Illegal Immigrants cost American taxpayers 33 Billion Dollars per year to keep them alive in prison.

I bet there's enough to plug BP's oil leak... hmmmm... 2 birds with one stone...

hey Strelvecina, I have to ask, do you think we have no heart now?

Just a question, you understand.

I myself have no heart. If it were up to me, this guy would be tortured in order to get the names of the others that raped this girl, then he'd be shot in the back of the head and dumped across the border. We can always build the wall out of MEAT.

I don't believe that the young lady asked to be raped. she didn't ask to be killed and HE had no business in our country.

but you know..that's me. Poor, heartless me.

Bus ticket to Utah...

WNSBST3030.jpg

He admitted to doing this, and all the evidence is there to show that he definately did the crime, and he has absolutely NO rights in this country, so why is he still alive?

Punishments like what this guy is getting, and plea deals for information that may not even be true and will only waste even more tax dollars, are exactly what is wrong with this country. It's making us weaker, and more and more in debt every day. I'm gonna throw this word in the third thread of the day, but this guy needs to be executed as well as his common law wife for allowing him to stay with her illegally and allowing him access to the keys. If the common law wife was here illegally as well, then all persons involved in hiring her for the job that she had should be executed as well.

I'm curious as to why this guy was reluctant to sign his plea deal in open court???

I've worked a lot of cases, and been a part of a lot of plea deals over the years, but that's the first I ever recall seeing something like this.

Too much of a coward to face the victims' family.

He admitted to doing this, and all the evidence is there to show that he definately did the crime, and he has absolutely NO rights in this country, so why is he still alive?

Punishments like what this guy is getting, and plea deals for information that may not even be true and will only waste even more tax dollars, are exactly what is wrong with this country. It's making us weaker, and more and more in debt every day. I'm gonna throw this word in the third thread of the day, but this guy needs to be executed as well as his common law wife for allowing him to stay with her illegally and allowing him access to the keys. If the common law wife was here illegally as well, then all persons involved in hiring her for the job that she had should be executed as well.

How many folks have you killed off today? :up: This guys needs it. Not sure about the rest of them, though i do inderstand how you feel.

OK, shouldn't the prosecutor face charges as well, for failing in his fiduciary responsibility to the Public Safety?

Stealing the pass key shows intent and planing to commit the crime, at least it should have been charged as Especially Aggravated First Degree Murder it would seem.

And yes, the thread title was a play on the "Jobs American's won't do" ploy we hear so much, is that considered "snarky"?

Guest Jamie

Sooner or later people are bound to get fed-up with this crap, get mad, and start looking for a way to do something about it.

... and that's when things will really get ugly for both the people in D.C., and the illegals they won't stop from streaming across the border.

And I'll say this one more time; rope is both cheap and reusable. ;)

J.

Guest Jamie
meh, whats the big deal really. Lots of murderers in prisons. Probably all of them should have been put down.

Most certainly.

Does his being an illegal alien make him more of a murderer?

Nope. But as you've pointed out, we already have enough domestic ones, so should be taking steps to not only deal with them properly, but also to send the message that the "imported" variety need to stay at home, since they're already a criminal by virtue of sneaking in.

Let me put it this way; Valentino Vasquez Miranda didn't have any right to murder anyone, anymore than a U.S. citizen does. However, he had no right to even be here to begin with, and that only magnifies the crime.

J.

Edited by Jamie
How many folks have you killed off today? :stunned: This guys needs it. Not sure about the rest of them, though i do inderstand how you feel.

In my mind I've killed off several today. I'm in the process of quitting smoking, so right now I think anyone that shows disrespect for our country or our laws, or even irritates me too much, should be executed, although several of my recent comments could be considered disrespectful.

As for the difference between this guy and those in jail for murder that are American citizens, those in jail are citizens so we have to give them their rights accordingly. Free trial, all that stuff, and treat them fairly with the punishments. Those that are here illegally should not be treated in the same manner as an American citizen. If they are obviously and admittedly guilty of such a crime, then since they are not citizens there shouldn't be a fair trial, they should simply be taken to their nearest shooting range where the government could charge a small fee to let people take target practice at them. Heck, even give them a chance if you want, and tie them up at the 1k yard mark. Either way the end with us as taxpayers not having to pay to keep up yet another illegal.

Guest TargetShooter84

Mexicans should be deported.

I Hope TN enacts the same law as AZ does so we can start picking up immigrants and shipping their arses to where they belong.