Plastic Pistols losing a little popularity?

Guest Lester Weevils

i just dont own a plastic gun. even in my Beretta 96fs i replaced plastic parts. so it is 100% metal.

and i do think plastic guns are reliable and accurate and some of them are superior to metal guns.

but to me that is like silicon boobs or fake hair.... it may appear to be better, but it is not better.

So, which is it? You say that you believe some plastic guns are superior to steel, then you turn around and say the opposite...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning to rethink the lowly revolver. I carry a revolver now more than my Glock. You know what wheel gunners say about semi-auto owners. "Twice the ammo, half the man."

+1. I have rediscovered wheelguns and find myself carrying my SP101 more and more with my S&W 442 as a BUG.

Guest Lester Weevils
Off topic but,

I saw an Arizona state flag hanging at a home on old harding that had been placed upside down.

That is funny, Daniel. Raising off-topic to the level of an artform!

:poop:

Guest GLOCKGUY

I was at a gunshop today and they had alot of metal guns in stock but no plastic guns Glocks, XDs, Kahrs. I ask the owner and he said he cant keep them in stock they go out the door just as fast as they come in..

I've seen a good selection of metal as well as tupperware guns during the last few months. Last year I could find many models of 1911s but often not the model I was looking for. This year the availabity of choices has improved. The stock of ammunition on the store shelves has also improved. I wonder if it's due to people having less available to spend or the suppliers catching up with the demand.

Guest jackdm3

On the way back from Ark, forget which town, we stopped by an itty-bitty gun shop, forget the name. Went in and saw nothing but metal. Asked the owner where all the plastic was. You know that machine at the zoo where you put in a quarter, pick a shape and hit go, and it forms out a little animal? He took me to his stock room to show me his little jukebox-looking thing. You swipe your credit card, pick a gun brand, pick a caliber/calibre, pick a color and hit "Contact!" Two minutes later, you've got your new Tupperware! All warm and slightly-sweet smelling, uncannily like the scent of an oil spill. I asked him how he came to get this contraption. He said he had limited shelf space and it reduces overhead to zero.

I think that's why you're seeing less plastic on the shelves. Lean manufacturing.

On the way back from Ark, forget which town, we stopped by an itty-bitty gun shop, forget the name. Went in and saw nothing but metal. Asked the owner where all the plastic was. You know that machine at the zoo where you put in a quarter, pick a shape and hit go, and it forms out a little animal? He took me to his stock room to show me his little jukebox-looking thing. You swipe your credit card, pick a gun brand, pick a caliber/calibre, pick a color and hit "Contact!" Two minutes later, you've got your new Tupperware! All warm and slightly-sweet smelling, uncannily like the scent of an oil spill. I asked him how he came to get this contraption. He said he had limited shelf space and it reduces overhead to zero.

I think that's why you're seeing less plastic on the shelves. Lean manufacturing.

Gimme a Glock 19... and make that extra crispy

I was at a gunshop today and they had alot of metal guns in stock but no plastic guns Glocks, XDs, Kahrs. I ask the owner and he said he cant keep them in stock they go out the door just as fast as they come in..

Yeah, I can't imagine them decreasing in popularity, especially with Law Enforcement.

As soon as someone makes an all metal pistol that is as reliable, light, well made, well engineered, holds 11 rounds of 45, and is as accurate as my H&K HK45, then I would be the first to purchase one.

Guest Dean Wormer

I definetly prefer metal guns, but I also like alloy (aluminium) framed guns, they have the benefits of polymer (lighter, resist rust). Weight is not much of an issue with my carrying habits mainly because I wear these inside of my untucked shirt (ie, just as concealed as the pistol): Perry Suspenders No saggy pants with these, even with fullsize all metal pistols and 2 reloads

As soon as someone makes an all metal pistol that is as reliable, light, well made, well engineered, holds 11 rounds of 45, and is as accurate as my H&K HK45, then I would be the first to purchase one.

Try a CZ-97B