I have hit the back button twice

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I would say it something in your settings. I use Firefox, and I hit the back button on this page, it takes me back one page to the list of topics in the support forum. Hit it one more time, it takes me to the main page with all the topic headings.

I thought it might be a Internet Explorer thing, so I opened that up, same thing as above. I tried it on my iPhone's Safari browser and same as the firefox and IE.

I would guess there is a setting somewhere in your computer that is causing the problem.

• Administrator

I'm not even sure how to approach this without sounding like a complete smart-ass, but... so you have to press a key twice. That finger gets to burn twice as many calories as the other fingers. Soon, that finger will have an amazing physique and the rest of the fingers will be jealous. Use your middle finger for that extra clicking and you'll have a magnificent specimen to use when giving people the bird.

Or.... use the navigation bar at the top of the screen and click once to jump up a level in the forum hierarchy.

:)

Guest Jamie
I'm not even sure how to approach this without sounding like a complete smart-ass, but... so you have to press a key twice. That finger gets to burn twice as many calories as the other fingers. Soon, that finger will have an amazing physique and the rest of the fingers will be jealous. Use your middle finger for that extra clicking and you'll have a magnificent specimen to use when giving people the bird.

Or, in my case, the batteries in my wireless keyboard go toes-up twice as fast. :-\

Now, I don't have the same issue as Gotigers has, but I am discovering that many of the things I do here requires twice or more the effort/button-pushes/scrolls etc. as the old system did.

J.

Or.... use the navigation bar at the top of the screen and click once to jump up a level in the forum hierarchy.

:tough:

Thanks.. wow. .. It only happens on your site and on both PCs i use. So, it isnt a setting. It started after the new layout showed up. Actually, sometimes i have to hit the back button repeadedly. It really doesnt bother me to much. I was just trying to point out an issue in case others were having it.

sorry to bother you and take you away from cruising the interweb.... lol. :D

Edit: my smilie face wasn't enough to show i was just ribbin TGO David. So, I am just kidding. I am not offended.....lol.

Edited by gotigers
Or, in my case, the batteries in my wireless keyboard go toes-up twice as fast. :-\

Now, I don't have the same issue as Gotigers has, but I am discovering that many of the things I do here requires twice or more the effort/button-pushes/scrolls etc. as the old system did.

J.

I navagate without much extra effort, but my middle finger is getting a little exercise with the Go Advanced Button :-)

:poop::rofl:

Hilarious! XP is the way to go! I have Win 7 on the laptop, so I try not to use it very often... :)

Win 7 ticks me off because they moved everything, apparently because it was all in the wrong place. All my company machines are still on XP. We refused to roll out Vista, and refused to buy any hardware that couldn't be provided with an XP image. Two of my guys are carrying MacBooks because of it.

Win 7 is a good OS (unlike vista), but it's probably gonna be a support nightmare.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Folks I would have to give David and his help a big Hats Off to this upgrade. The United States Concealed Carry forum that some of you may be familiar with also just upgraded only they went to vbulletin 4.0.3 rather than 4.0.4. It has been a total mess over there since they did.

That forum is Nationwide, heavily advertised and takes joining ($$) to even view, and yet they gave us no notice what so ever of the upgrade. Very few are happy with it and it does not seem much thought was put into the upgrade itself or the effect it would have on the members by not giving any notice.

It not only looks like crap most all of our old posts and threads can no longer be found with the search function. People are having more problems with it than I can even list. I have told them they could take some clues from TGO.

If one could put the two side by side TGO would stand head and shoulders above the USCCA right now. I like the nationwide aspect of the USCCA and a lot of the content is the same but they really dropped the ball on their upgrade and may well lose members because of it.

So all in all ......A Big "Way to Go to TGO from Sgt. Joe" :cool:

Hey that rhymes:tinfoil:.....maybe I've found my calling:rolleyes::D

I know....I know :lol: even my Doc agrees;)

Guest Jamie
I navagate without much extra effort, but my middle finger is getting a little exercise with the Go Advanced Button :-)

If there's two things I miss the most, it's the "reply with quotes" not automatically going to advanced mode,( why are there like 4 different ways to do a "quick post" any way??? ) and the "go" button beside the quick navigate window at the bottom of the pages. I seriously dislike the "top" button, and having to scroll through to find the forum I'm currently sitting in.

The rest I'll learn to deal with, but those two things just chap my... well you get the idea. :lol:

J.

• Administrator
Folks I would have to give David and his help a big Hats Off to this upgrade. The United States Concealed Carry forum that some of you may be familiar with also just upgraded only they went to vbulletin 4.0.3 rather than 4.0.4. It has been a total mess over there since they did.

Thanks Sgt. Joe. :taser:

That's unfortunate for them that the upgrade didn't go off well. It's all about planning. :hat: