My Koi Pond.

EMTRN

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

That is beautiful work. Definitely ought to score points with the missus.

Maybe neighborhood cats or labrador retriever dogs will be very grateful too!

Guest Jamie

Good job, but it makes me hurt just lookin' at it. ;)

'Fraid my days of getting that familiar with a shovel are loooong behind me.

J.

Thanks guys! We got the fish free on craigslist, they are pretty expensive if you buy them. The liner was almost $400. I had no idea this stuff was so expensive. Now we are keeping our fingers crossed that the fish will survive the move.

The big koi in the first two pics is awfully funny looking ;)

Thanks guys! We got the fish free on craigslist, they are pretty expensive if you buy them. The liner was almost $400. I had no idea this stuff was so expensive. Now we are keeping our fingers crossed that the fish will survive the move.

Naa, get'em young and they're not that expensive. They will grow pretty quick.

You can also ask for any sick fish from your pet store. All that will cost you is a bottle of fish medicine stuff. :D

Guest Sgt. Joe

VERY NICE ! And even nicer that you did it your self.

I almost even reconize that anicient spear looking thing you are holding in the first pic, It seems like I once had one of those but I can not for the life of me remember what I did with it. I guess if it was worth anything I am sure the Ex. ended up with it.

Very nice work, I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

My girlfriend has Koi and we bought all of them through Petsmart. Of all the places we looked, Petsmart has the best prices and the best looking Koi. Most Koi under 8 inches are in the price range of $7 to $18.

Where'd all the dirt go? How long to dig? What's that electronic thingy?

I used the dirt to fill in low spots in the yard. It took me two days of digging from 0800 until sundown. The green thing is a thermacell to keep the blood suckers away, the blue tub had an aerator on it to keep the fish alive while I was digging.

With a deep enough pond the fish will survive the changes in temperature and multiply. Koi prefer mud and will eat tadpoles and aquatic plants. I picked some up a couple of years ago and now have enough to offer anyone who wants to net them all the want. The herons in the neighborhood stop by for a meal from time to time.

Throwing a bait net does wonders for my Joints these days.