Norris Shooters Beware!!!

Do I have yuor attention...haha? Thanks to a fellow TGO member Garufa for telling me that the 100 yard target may be off. Well I took a range finder with me last night and yes it is off and a great deal. I ranged it at 122 yards.......to us rimfire shooters it was good to know so when we compare our groups to others on line etc we want think we shoot like doodoo (3 year old slang).

The 50 yard ranged correctly....the 200 yard was 204 yards and the pistol was 40 yards.

I just thought I would let everyone know. If you have a rimfire sighted in for 100 and go up there the odds are you are not going to group as well and shoot a little low.

This is not all bad....just makes it us try harder and shoot better......haha.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I will get to see your skills someday there Ohshoot.......was there Thursday.

Mike Three Fitty Seven..............I am new to Norris so still learning the ropes up there......let me know if I need to know anything else that may be helpful?

Guest 70below
Maybe I will get to see your skills someday there Ohshoot.......was there Thursday.

Mike Three Fitty Seven..............I am new to Norris so still learning the ropes up there......let me know if I need to know anything else that may be helpful?

Another good piece of info is "Mike can come off like an ass sometimes".........but we all still love him dearly :)

sorry I hurt your feelings Jessohnineteenninetynine. I could look at them target stands and tell it was not 100 yards. Like I said I thought it was common knowledge.

And 70below ( I heart you too) was almost right, I am pretty much an *******. So there ya have it.

The only other thing I can think you need to know is that I prefer using the bench that is second from the right side.

"Dude, are you shooting my target!" ;)

And the guy denied it in spite of a big old hole in a target I had not shot at yet. I guess he was just an awful shot :rock:

He must have got better fast, since he did not hit it again, LOL

So then they moved on to your target

So then they moved on to your target

Yep. There were a couple of holes in one of mine. 22 size holes. Damn AR people. ;)

A little tip on range etiquettte: If you did not put the target up yourself don't shoot at it. How hard is that?

Edited by Garufa
And the guy denied it in spite of a big old hole in a target I had not shot at yet. I guess he was just an awful shot ;)...

Emulating me, I guess, as I cut Bubbiesdad's PVC target stand leg in half. Best shot I made all day!

- OS

On your behalf I considered today a total success. We all left happy and no one was bleeding. ;)

I was actually nervous for a while, as those fellows on the end set up the same resetting steel target that zinged me, and closer than I had mine set that fateful day!

What did you hit that thing with anyway? I only saw the aftermath of reconstruction.

Awesome 9mm from XD.

Forget .40/.45, them faster smaller bullets are death rays.

- OS

I was actually nervous for a while, as those fellows on the end set up the same resetting steel target that zinged me, and closer than I had mine set that fateful day!

- OS

Did I see or hear right that one of them bozo's started walking out on the range while the line was hot? Thought I heard you yell out a word of warning.

Hard to tell from bench #2 what was going on at the other end as I was engaged in some serious marksmanship.

Did I see or hear right that one of them bozo's started walking out on the range while the line was hot? Thought I heard you yell out a word of warning.

Almost, sort of. He walked much too far out in front of the shooting line to start to shoot a rifle. They weren't at a table, but off on the end.

His buddies caught him and yelled about the same time, so they weren't all total doofuses.

- OS

:D........I can see you guys are going to be tuff to hang with. Since all the benchs are going to be reserved for the Senoir folks I intend on bringing my tree stand and getting my own cozy little tree...........and better yet I plan on adding a zip line diagonally across the range so that I may pratice my tacticool.... Israeli..... combat..... zombi.... killing...mall ninja..... training. Hope to see you all soon ;).
And I like the one all the way to the right.

Mike.357 was in rare form today when he hollered over all the benches of a packed house:

"Dude, are you shooting my target!" ;)

Ha ha, yeah I was there for that one. What was that idiot shooting a bolt gun at the backstop posts for anyway? Trying to chop down the targets? Looks like the entire group there was very inexperienced. They had a girl shooting a large caliber bolt gun from the shoulder while sitting on a bench......with no scope on it...lol What's the point of that?

I couldn't even get but 20 rounds through my pistol before I gave up on waiting behind the 10 person group that had taken over the pistol range. I honestly wasn't even comfortable standing there with them because I don't like being too close to people that may not know how to properly handle a firearm.

It's a shame that the best kept secret....the Norris range....is no secret anymore.

I honestly do feel bad because I am one of the new kids on the block (I do hereby "sololemllee" swear to not tell anyone about the honey hole......I don't want others to find out either) I promise to play nice and respect my elders. I only get out of control during my zipline training sessions....haha

Ha ha, yeah I was there for that one. What was that idiot shooting a bolt gun at the backstop posts for anyway? Trying to chop down the targets? Looks like the entire group there was very inexperienced. They had a girl shooting a large caliber bolt gun from the shoulder while sitting on a bench......with no scope on it...lol What's the point of that?

I couldn't even get but 20 rounds through my pistol before I gave up on waiting behind the 10 person group that had taken over the pistol range. I honestly wasn't even comfortable standing there with them because I don't like being too close to people that may not know how to properly handle a firearm.

It's a shame that the best kept secret....the Norris range....is no secret anymore.

you just kinda disappeared, you were there one minute and gone th next. I hope you had a good time with your parents down in Gburg.

I could not figure out what they were shooting at either. They posted no target and were shooting at the target stand. Thats when I saw the hole in one of my virgin targets. I would have been way to nervous to go to the pistol range with them there. I have shot at pieces of clay pidgeon on the bank by the target stand before but they really did appear to just be shooting at the backstop. I guess it takes all kinds.

And all of the above is why I prefer to get there early and get my spot away from all of that.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest 70below

This is a bad time of year to go to Norris in my opinion.........everyone has recently renewed their memberships and feel the need to get their moneys worth.