What are your pet components..What do you use again and again?

Guest Archminister01

Guest Archminister01

Hiya folks,

Just wondering what are some of your favorite reloading components that have been tried tested and proven themselves to always have a place on you reloading bench.

Personally, I have taken a shine to Titegroup powder for my pistol loads...its clean, accurate and doesn't take much. For my .223 loads I have used H4198, IMR 4198, W748 and BLC-2. I cant say that I have a big favorite between them. They have all performed well. I like CCI and Winchester for pistol primers and Remington in rifle primers for my .223 loads in an AR or Mini 14 platform.

I have been using Ranier and Frontier for my pistol loads with much success and less lead exposure.

For .223 I have been using whatever bulk 55gr FMJBT I can get a hold of at the best price. I make my rounds pretty much for plinking. They still stay pretty accurate, more than I am that is.

Anyway let me know what your poison is...

Thanks!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reloder 7/10 for the 6.8

Accurate #5 for 9mm and .45,

CCI primers all around, but have used Winchesters, don't like Wolf.

+1 on the AA #5 and CCI's. I'm a big fan of CCI primers and Accurate powders all the way around, especially #5 for 9, 40, and 45,though I prefer VV N110 for .357.

2230 for .22 caliber centerfires and .308, and 4350 for .300 win mag, 30/06, 25/06, .270, and 7mm mag.

Edited by Good_Steward
Guest Lester Weevils

I don't experiment and keep on using whatever seemed to work the first time out, except slight powder weight adjustments. So it isn't favorite really. Just what I already found out will go bang good enough.

Used inexpensive Rainier copper-plate bullets until they got impossible to find in stock 2 years ago. Then started using XTP. Will probably keep using XTP's as long as they stay available and can occasionally be bought somewhat less than retail. The price diff isn't really huge between XTPs and cheaper bullets. Also use MagTech semijacketed flat point and hollow point for .357 that work just fine.

Always 158 gr for .357, 124 gr for 9mm.

Blue Dot for .357, but I have some Enforcer will try one of these days when the Blue Dot gets used up.

W231 for light target 9mm, but W231 supposedly burns too fast for 124 gr bullet higher-power loads, so have tried Silhouette for higher-power loads and it seemed to work OK.

Federal Primers is all I've used, but have a box of Winchester primers will have to use some time or t'other. Just don't feel like experimenting as long as the Fed primers are available, just because I know they work OK with the other components.

Of all my reloading components...my Lee Auto Prime hand primer is the one that has saved me the most time and has provided the most value in reloading.

My Lee Case trimmers are the epitome of simplicity.

CCI primers are a personal favorite

Alliant Unique, Bullseye, and 2400 are my standard powders....have probably gone through 100 pounds of them over the years.

I have loaded more than 5000+ rounds of .223 using the same recipe. All rounds have worked flawlessly. The accuracy has been very consistent.

It goes like this:

- Any brass trimmed to the right size. ( I forget the exact length without looking at my notes)

- CCI 41 primers

- AA 2230 powder @ 24.9 grains

- Hornady 55gr FMJBT projectiles (buy in bulk @ Wideners.com)

Add a light crimp and these little babies are perfect.

Guest Gopher6

748 for .223 & .308 plinking loads. AA2520 for .308 match loads.

Herco for 9mm (115gr bullets)

Bullseye for .45 and .38 pistol

Federal and Winchester primers

favorite bullets: Precision Delta

So the PD bullets do well? I've thought about buying some, but I've been buying the Berry's plated bullets for a tad bit cheaper and haven't had any problems. Might have to try Precision Delta since their prices are so reasonable on real FMJ bullets.

So the PD bullets do well? I've thought about buying some, but I've been buying the Berry's plated bullets for a tad bit cheaper and haven't had any problems. Might have to try Precision Delta since their prices are so reasonable on real FMJ bullets.

I've had great luck with them. They are probably the most reasonable FMJs out there.

I've had great luck with them. They are probably the most reasonable FMJs out there.

Yeah, their prices are a lot lower than any other FMJ's I've seen. I have purchased some Armscor FMJ bullets at decent prices, but the Precision Delta stuff is still cheaper by about $20 per 1,000. I was hesitant, though, because of their 2k minimum order requirement. Hate to buy that much of anything without trying it out first.

Yeah, their prices are a lot lower than any other FMJ's I've seen. I have purchased some Armscor FMJ bullets at decent prices, but the Precision Delta stuff is still cheaper by about $20 per 1,000. I was hesitant, though, because of their 2k minimum order requirement. Hate to buy that much of anything without trying it out first.

They did have a minimum 2K order for free shipping, but no overall minimum order. They may have changed, though. Whatever the case, I'm be ordering some soon--tell me what you want to try.

They did have a minimum 2K order for free shipping, but no overall minimum order. They may have changed, though. Whatever the case, I'm be ordering some soon--tell me what you want to try.

Composing PM now...