I'm joining the dark, polymer side...

Guest ETS_Inc

Guest ETS_Inc

I'm breaking down and getting a Glock. :cool: I decided to get one so that I can put a suppressor on the end of it for product / sales demos. This will be my first Glock. I've resisted for so long, but it seems I can't go any longer.

So, I traded a brand-new DoubleStar / J&T A2 upper with 16", chrome-lined barrel and B/BC/CH for a slightly used (200 rounds) Glock 19 and 8x15-round mags. Considering waht my cost for a J&T upper is, and what I'd have to pay for a Glock and 8 mags, I'm coming out pretty decent in the deal. Except for the stigma of being a Glock owner. Oh well, my 1911 is a Para-Ordnance LDA, so I'm not exactly a TRUE devotee to the Church of John Moses.

I've ordered a YHM Cobra 9mm can for it, and will be getting a Lone Wolf Dist. extended, threaded barrrel by the time the can gets here.

So, please pray for my soul. I can feel it slipping away as the delivery of the Glock nears.

(And to further drive a nail in my souls coffin, I picked up a used Kel-Tec Sub-2K that uses Glock mags this past weekend. I really am losing my mind.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steelharp

Besides being the first in ownership, will it be the first in shootership, as well? If so, relax; you'll find it's not a bad place to be at all.

A friend recently bought his first Glock. The first time he got to

shoot it was when we all got together (about 30 of us). After

going over the range rules we called him out in front of everyone

and annointed his head with "Glock Holy Water". :cool:

It protects you from Ka-Booms! LOL!

(Oh yeah... he and his wife both love it!)

Frank,

I went to the dark side last week as well. Haven't had a chance to shoot the G22 but with all the cross talk here I had to see. Now 1911s and Glocks live together in my home. We shall see about the harmony.

And no, they will not mate and bring an XD into the mix. If I own another Springfield, it will be back to the all metal version I love so well.

I think more and more TGO family members will cross train along these lines as the talk continues. I see no problems with this other than Rabbi and Molonlabe being the only two left beating the dead horses.:cool:

Guest ETS_Inc

Steelharp,

It'll be the first I've owned, but definitely not the first I've shot. I actually had the loan of a G22 from my former FIL before, and shot it a few times. Plus, I've shot countless others over the years.

Mike.357,

The first handgun I ever owned was a Hi-Point .380. It was ugly, heavy, and a real PITA to carry around, but it functioned 100% of the time, and the bullets went exactly where I wanted them to go.

Joe,

Don't worry, no Kool-Aid drinking for me. It's mostly about trying to drum up sales by being able to display a suppressed Glock. I don't see me trading in my 1911 holster for one that fit a Glock.

That makes sense from a selling standpoint, but Frank, what good are all the sales in the world if you lose your soul to the :koolaid: Gaston? :koolaid:

Eh... whatever. Guns are fun! Enjoy your Glock... even though it will most definitely be the end of you when it KBs, like EVERY other Glock ever made has! :koolaid:

I went to the dark side last week as well.

It could be worse....

I did it twice. First, I bought and then traded the G26 I bought, and found out I didn't like for CC - with LaserMax - for an XD-9 sub that I did enjoy for several years, until I found it it didn't have a hammer. :koolaid: (Well, I knew that but it took me a while to figure out why I didn't trust it as my car gun)

Then I forgot to take my medicine, or put my brain in gear or whatever, and bought a G23 and dressed it up like a Saigon whore. Night sights (I did ditch the LaserMax), worthless recoil buffer pad, butt plug with take-down pins, tacti-cool light.... Even bought (but thankfully never installed) a 3.5# connector (available for a verrrry reasonable price +S&H). The Glock rail battery run blender for making frozen Margaritas was worth the price. :P I also bought a video that I'm about to put on eBay or somewhere about shooting the mini-Glock. (actually the video is pretty cool, if a bit snobby and pedantic, and shows complete takedown and reassembly of a Glock) Just proved to myself that I wasn't really too smart after all. But the force was strong, even if my name isn't Luke and eventually I came back to the light.

There is a cure. Just buy one quality H&K and you'll buy more instead of those ugly "G-gun" things. :D

But it will cost you.... :koolaid:

I still like G-strings on the right people though.... :koolaid:

Guest tokarev

Did you find that Kel-Tec Sub-2K at the gun show. I've been looking for one for awhile now. The only ones I've seen have been .40 cal.

Many years ago, when I carried a gun for a living (issued a .38 revolver), I bought a glock 17 to carry as my backup. It always worked and was accurate, but I never "bonded" with it and when I left the job, I sold it without any regets.

I guess that I feel better with a thumb and/or grip safety on an auto for a carry if it's not a DAO.

until I found it it didn't have a hammer. :cool: (Well, I knew that but it took me a while to figure out why I didn't trust it as my car gun)

Mars go into further detail on this please. I am asssuming it was striker fired??

striker fired is inherently dangerous? Or is this humor that sailed over my head?

Mars go into further detail on this please. I am asssuming it was striker fired??

striker fired is inherently dangerous? Or is this humor that sailed over my head?

Yeah, I was trying to be funny. But my requirements for a carry gun are that it be either DAO or be capable of being de-cocked and re-cocked. The latter is preferred for a primary weapon.