New Tron movie.

Mike

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
Jeff bridges looks older than dirt though.

Probably because he IS.

Hell, the original Tron is almost 30 years old now.

The whole Bridges clan... those still living anyway... are getting on up there. Jeff's 60, Beau's 69, and their pappy, Lloyd, would be 93 now.

Anyway, I can wait 'til the remake or whatever it is comes out on DVD/Blueray or whatever.

J.

TRON Legacy

Jeff bridges looks older than dirt though.

Mike

Along the line of what Jamie said, he ain't no spring chicken.

as Larry Norman one sang - "And I've been looking in this mirror at the age around my eyes / Time is such an earnest laborer, precision is his neighbor."

Guest Billetproof
Probably because he IS.

Hell, the original Tron is almost 30 years old now.

The whole Bridges clan... those still living anyway... are getting on up there. Jeff's 60, Beau's 69, and their pappy, Lloyd, would be 93 now.

Anyway, I can wait 'til the remake or whatever it is comes out on DVD/Blueray or whatever.

J.

DVD/Bluray? Have to go see it at IMAX, that should be awesome, some movies need to be seen on the big screen to be appreciated!

Guest Jamie
DVD/Bluray? Have to go see it at IMAX, that should be awesome, some movies need to be seen on the big screen to be appreciated!

Sorry, but the older I get, the less able to enjoy a movie in a theater full'a assh***s I become.

So I'll gladly trade the big screen for the smaller one here at home, that comes equipped with a pause button and no idiots to contend with. :squint:

( Haven't been to a theater in about a decade now, and have no intentions of breaking that streak. )

J.

Looks good. Tron was cutting edge theory/concept for it's day and my initial impression was a followup would be a bad idea. However, it looks like they maintained the look, feel, integrity, and story line of the original. Could be pretty cool for us that remember the original and disappointing to the younger folks who are expecting another Avatar. :squint:

Guest Billetproof
Sorry, but the older I get, the less able to enjoy a movie in a theater full'a assh***s I become.

So I'll gladly trade the big screen for the smaller one here at home, that comes equipped with a pause button and no idiots to contend with. :squint:

( Haven't been to a theater in about a decade now, and have no intentions of breaking that streak. )

J.

Either you are older than your signature line states or just act it. Either way I'm sorry.

Guest jackdm3

"Sucks to yer Avatar!"

And damn, Jamie. One of the best ways to see a new movie is a weekday matinee when the rats are in school and the drunkards haven't returned from Happy Hour. You'll find the best, most serious viewers from noon to 6PM.

"Sucks to yer Avatar!"

And damn, Jamie. One of the best ways to see a new movie is a weekday matinee when the rats are in school and the drunkards haven't returned from Happy Hour. You'll find the best, most serious viewers from noon to 6PM.

That's the only time that I go to view movies.

Yup, I need to dust off the re-release of the orignal and watch it again before this one comes out. I haven't watched in in so long I can't remember how it ended. My wife has it and already set it out for me.

Guest Jamie
Either you are older than your signature line states or just act it. Either way I'm sorry.

I was born in 1963, so do the math. :shrug:

There's nothing to be sorry about, however. I've had my fill of the general public and avoid it/them as much as possible. I'm quite content with the way I conduct my life, so there's no reason for anybody to feel bad about it.

For what it's worth, I've always said I'm much older on the inside than I am on the outside. Probably doesn't help that I grew up with and was basically raised by "old farts". :D

J.

Guest Jamie

Sorry, but it's just not worth the effort these days.

J.

Guest Billetproof
I was born in 1963, so do the math. :shrug:

There's nothing to be sorry about, however. I've had my fill of the general public and avoid it/them as much as possible. I'm quite content with the way I conduct my life, so there's no reason for anybody to feel bad about it.

For what it's worth, I've always said I'm much older on the inside than I am on the outside. Probably doesn't help that I grew up with and was basically raised by "old farts". :D

J.

Just yanking your chain. I'm the same age and my parents are probably older too. I generally don't like the general public but still love a good movie on the big screen.