Memphis "Call To Arms" for August

Guest jackdm3

Ok hey hey hey now half-pint!! Remember that I still need to buy my gun here! So umm there is nothing wrong with being in a great excited mood about guns!! They are exciting!! Geez!! Ha ha!!

And by the way jack nut I was at 1776 too!! By the way the food is great!! Just wish my sandwich was bigger!! :up: but I love the range!! I had a blast!! And I believe that the usp compact is mine now....well as soon as I can get it anyways....I enjoyed meeting all the new people and getting all the gun advice. I really found my direction in the handgun area while we were there. Hope to see y'all again!

He forgot me too and I'm kinda hard to forget! Well except I didn't hit the range. I spent a lot of time in 1776.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good one, I think. :) Got to meet a couple new people, see a REALLY old face ( . . . oh, hey Tad :hiding: )

LOL, I'm only 38! It was good to put names with faces.

If you're modding your Glock sights the way I think you are (making an all-black rear), try pulling the rear sight off and putting it on backwards. I shot IDPA like this for 6 months with a G19. Then I decided that I wanted a wider rear notch, so I got out the emory board. That was one ugly sight, but it worked well. BTW, I now have a Springfield EMP and an STI Trojan. Both were initially trouble; the EMP is all worked out, but the Trojan is iffy. My 1911 adventures continue.

Back on topic now.

:cry:

Guest Halfpint
He forgot me too and I'm kinda hard to forget! Well except I didn't hit the range. I spent a lot of time in 1776.
Sorry, bud, I wasn't entirely paying attention when I posted. :cry: By the way, you're still on for that long distance contest. Just say when.
LOL, I'm only 38! It was good to put names with faces.

If you're modding your Glock sights the way I think you are (making an all-black rear), try pulling the rear sight off and putting it on backwards. I shot IDPA like this for 6 months with a G19. Then I decided that I wanted a wider rear notch, so I got out the emory board. That was one ugly sight, but it worked well. BTW, I now have a Springfield EMP and an STI Trojan. Both were initially trouble; the EMP is all worked out, but the Trojan is iffy. My 1911 adventures continue.

Back on topic now.

The EMP is a pretty nice little pistol, I've never gotten to shoot one but the young lady who joined me and Kristin (yes, Amanda, I mean YOU! :hiding: ) bought one this morning, and promised we'd get to shoot it. Thanks for the advice on the Glock, I might do that. Eventually I'm going to snag a set of 10-8 sights for it, but that might do the trick for now. Definitely getting the 10-8's for my Kimber, I HATE the sights on it . . . it's the only upgrade/mod I wish I could UN-do.
If I had read this before today I would have been there too. I hate I missed it.
Hey man, yeah we missed you. When Kris and I get back in town, we all need to get together and get a beer, there's probably a lot to catch up on.

. . . OK, /thread hijack :)

Chance and Amanda, search through the forums for PackinMama's posts. If I recall, she had a few issues with her EMP but got them straightened out.

LOL, forget her posts, I need to send you the PMs between PackinMama and me. I had issues with mine, but Springfield straightened it out. She is in the process of doing the same. BTW, Armsfair had a used one last week for ~$800.

Serious threadjack!

LOL, forget her posts, I need to send you the PMs between PackinMama and me. I had issues with mine, but Springfield straightened it out. She is in the process of doing the same. BTW, Armsfair had a used one last week for ~$800.

Serious threadjack!

Good deal. I've owned a lot of SA firearms and their customer service is great and so is their custom shop.

Regardless, I hope to one day afford an EMP.

Guest Halfpint
Armsfair had a used one last week for ~$800.
That's the one she got. It's in amazingly good shape, the guy actually bought it from us originally -- still had our inventory number on the box. For all intents and purposes, she bought a basically new gun.

. . . and I dunno why she hasn't posted pics or at least a thread about it . . .

September meet needs to get here! Ready to see everybody again, and hopefully the weather will have cooled off a little bit. I'm not complaining about the heat in the range, that just comes with the territory, but cooler in general would definitely be welcome!

• Moderators
That's the one she got. It's in amazingly good shape, the guy actually bought it from us originally -- still had our inventory number on the box. For all intents and purposes, she bought a basically new gun.

. . . and I dunno why she hasn't posted pics or at least a thread about it . . .

September meet needs to get here! Ready to see everybody again, and hopefully the weather will have cooled off a little bit. I'm not complaining about the heat in the range, that just comes with the territory, but cooler in general would definitely be welcome!

I am at RUSA today and just ran into her. I think she likes it. LOL

Guest countryfirecracker

Hey! (this is amanda). Im actually having a great time with my EMP! i just saw chucktshoes up at the range this morning. :lol: At first it seemed like i was going to have problems yesterday when i went to the range with it after i bought it but actually today it did AMAZING! I was like a kid in a candy store! i was so happy! ha ha! i love this gun! I think it needed to be broke in good cause I showed it to Chance and it was basically new. ;) SO im excited! yes i will be hitting the range up tomorrow morning as well!!

YES Chance I saw where you mentioned me this time! ha ha.....

Guest countryfirecracker

YEs i love this GUN!! I dont really know how to post pics on here actually!! ha ha....but i have one where i took a picture of it in Justins (jdi731) hand!! I thought i was going to have some problems out of it but nope it shot good and smooth today!! UGH i cant wait to go back to the range in the morning!! :lol: So someone tell me how to post the pictures and i will post the one i took of it last night.

By the way it stopped emailing me or sending me notifications on the posts i subscirbe to....any suggestions?? Cause i subscribed to some i really wanted to keep up with and it doesnt notify me anymore.

Guest countryfirecracker

Can anyone explain how to post pictures in an actual thread?

I put a picture of my gun up on my avatar picture and my profile picture. But if someone will explain to me how to post pictures on a thread i will snap pictures tonight after i clean it!! :lol:

Guest jackdm3

Open an account with Photobucket or Imageshack. It would be all too easy if you could load it straight from your 'puter, wouldn't it! But using these sites makes sure the content of the pics are filtered before being published here and making someone cry. I use Photobucket. Once the pic is in your "Album" there's a drop down set of choices when you hover over the selected pic. I use the "IMG CODE" to copy and just drop it in your "Reply" window at the bottom of the thread's page. Don't look for it to show a pic immediately. It comes after you hit "go."