Cheaper than Dirt

Il Duce

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

CTD is usually my last option when ordering online. They went with all the scare tactics about the Obama administration taking away everything gun related from us and jacked their prices like crazy. I must give credit where its due though, and will say that everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived timely and the order was correct.

CTD is usually my last option when ordering online. They went with all the scare tactics about the Obama administration taking away everything gun related from us and jacked their prices like crazy. I must give credit where its due though, and will say that everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived timely and the order was correct.

This sums up my experiences with them /feelings towards them exactly.

I have used them multiple times but only if they're the "cheapest" act in town. Great service, but yes, they really jacked up the prices on some things, not others, and it changes.... I'll be a return customer if the price is right. Does this make me an Ammo Whore?:P

I don't care what they gouged when, if CTD has several of the items I want at the best price, I buy from them.

I own a Kahr PM 9 because it's the best handgun for it's size/caliber; I don't care that the owner is a Moonie.

I don't care what Bill Ruger said about mag capacity when; I own several Ruger handguns/rifles because they are the best of class/price for what I want.

I prefer buying American, but own 3 XDs, because they are the best overall handguns for me.

- OS

I have dealt with CTD since before Al Gore invented the internet. Never had a complaint about anything. Great service always. And the one time I had a leaky solvent show up they replaced that item and another that had just gotten a little wet.

I only asked for the leaker to be replaced. They even told me to go ahead and keep the other two items at no cost.

If they have the product and the price I like I won't hesitate to order from them.

Guest Lester Weevils

Sometimes Cabelas has the best price, and they ship very reliably too of course. Strangely enough, when I bought my first EOTech, and my second EOTech, Cabelas had the inexpensive model I wanted in stock (if you can call about $400 inexpensive) when all anybody else had in stock were the more expensive models. The stores that did have the inexpensive model, had a higher price listed than Cabelas.

Sometimes Cabelas has been better availability of reloading supplies I like, and the price wasn't too bad.

Am a 'fairly steady' customer of small orders from MidwayUSA, Cabelas, Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsmans Guide. No problems with any of them.

Each seems to have strengths. Sportsmans Guide sells good cheap nylon zip-off cargo pants that last a long time. Those things can cost $80 or more at some of the fru-fru outdoors suppliers like REI or Campmor, and if the SG pants last for years, can't see how $80 pants would be any better. Occasionally they have good deals on Dunham EEEE wide footwear, but most mail order doesn't stock much EEEE footwear.

Midway has good prices on certain bulk packs of targets, and a really big selection of targets. They have about any reloading gadget you would ever want. And lots of gun parts.

Dunno if CTD has a wider selection of AR parts than anyone else, but it seems easier to find the odd rail or adapter or rifle strap on the CTD website compared to the others.

For whatever reason, Cabelas seems to have more useful user reviews on products than most sites. A few dozen good user reviews on an item has made sales on several occasions, and on other items with numerous bad reviews, has changed my mind on a product.

I like CTD. If they have what I want for what I am willing to pay for it, I order it. They have always been good to me. They ship fast and everything works as advertised. Plus, they have those cheap Korean mags for my Glock at $5 a piece. That is lower than anyone else. I like the mags, they are good for kicking around and they have been reliable for me.

I like Cabela's too. If they have what I want for what I am willing to pay, I order. I get most of my BP stuff from them because they are cheaper than nearly anywhere else.

I haven't tried MidwayUSA or Bushnell's yet. I keep meaning too, but I haven't found anything I need that they have.

I always search prices when I find what I want, and I account for shipping, stock on hand, price and customer service. All four of those are a factor. I don't always buy from the cheapest if I am gonna have to wait, or the CS sucks.

All in all though, if CTD has what you want, they are good to go.

I've been on a Midway USA kick the past week and they've been great. Good prices and super fast shipping.

Don't forget the good prices and options on shipping itself. Nothing worse than finding a good deal somewhere on a tiny part that weighs 1/10th of an ounce and the company will only ship it UPS for $13! Midway is THE :grouchy: when it comes to shipping! ;)

+1. Always have had good luck with CDNN

Yep. Sign up for their emails and you'll get notice on their weekend sales. They often run weekend sales where they'll ship your entire order (no matter what you buy) for only $5.

Guest streakin406

I tend to buy local. Even if it cost $30 more per case of ammunition I would much rather keep my local gun dealer in buisness than someone I will never meet, or watch their kids play t-ball with mine, ect.

For this reaon I also refuse to shop at walmart unless it is a must have situation.

Don't forget the good prices and options on shipping itself. Nothing worse than finding a good deal somewhere on a tiny part that weighs 1/10th of an ounce and the company will only ship it UPS for $13! Midway is THE :grouchy: when it comes to shipping! :repost:

Agreed. I've been thrilled with their same day shipping attitude. I ordered a couple items Friday morning and I had them Tuesday. Looks like I'll have the stuff I ordered earlier in on Friday as well.