Harris Bipod

redfsr

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

are there any stores near kville that have these in stock for me to look at. I hate ordering certain things from a catalog without seeing certain stuff in person

Know what ammo works best in this rifle off the shelf?

I have had no problems with the Federal Power-Shok in my VLS. I get it from Wal-mart for less than they want for some of the junk on-line.

I also get Winchester and Remington when they run the rebates. I don’t see much difference in any of the top name brands.

I am glad this question was asked. I also just purchased a Rem 700 SPS Tactical and have been looking at bipods. From everything I read Harris seems to be the way to go. Now all I need is an affordable optic. Thinking Bushnell Elite 3-9x40. Not looking to make shots past 500 yards. Any suggestions, not looking to hijack this thread though.

I am glad this question was asked. I also just purchased a Rem 700 SPS Tactical and have been looking at bipods. From everything I read Harris seems to be the way to go. Now all I need is an affordable optic. Thinking Bushnell Elite 3-9x40. Not looking to make shots past 500 yards. Any suggestions, not looking to hijack this thread though.

The 9 power will be fine... Take a look at the Bushnell 3200 10-power tactical scope. It can be found for under $200 and will be a good scope for 500 yards. Again the Super Sniper scopes are great for the money. SWFA SWFA SS Rifle Scopes SWFA SS Scopes

A good bipod review if you have not read it already Bipod reveiw, Rock, Versa Pod, Harris, GG&G - Sniper's Hide Forums

Thanks for the replies. I think 9 power may work for me at 500 yards. I have a 4x32 ACOG on my M&P15T and can see pretty well at 300 yards and also used the ACOG in the Army at that range. Not looking to hit a quarter at 500 yards just a deer/man size object (not that i will ever shoot either). Mikegideon- I agree that 9 power would be to little for any kind of competition shooting and I do appreciate the input. Probably I wasnt clear on my intentions at 500 yards.

• 1 month later...

I've been considering a bi-pod for my Savage Model 10 in .243. If it attaches to your sling swivel, is there an adapter for the sling, or do you have to choose between the sling or bi-pod? I love my Savage Model 10 .243... just wish I had one just like it in .223/5.56! Any preference between the short or longer bi-pods? I'll probably use mine more for hunting coyotes and deer. Thanks.