Best place near Knoxville to buy a Glock 26?

Guest AR15thur

Guest AR15thur

I had a pretty good store (good prices mostly) near Chattanooga, but I've recently moved to Knoxville and I'm looking for a good place to purchase a Glock 26.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolGrad

Consider joining GSSF for $35 and take advantage of the Pistol Purchase Program. I joined simply to get the "discount" but have since taken the Armorer's Course and am now a GLOCK Certified Armorer and have started shooting in the GSSF matches.

http://www.gssfonline.com/

Follow the link for info on GSSF. For details on the pistol purchase program click Hot Topics. There's a link to the program on that page. You'll have to call the # to find a participating dealer though. They used to post a list on the website but don't do that any more.

Your G26 will cost you $425 plus tax plus the $35 annual membership. You will be around $490 OTD IIRC the tax rate correctly. You only get one discounted pistol per yer unless you go through the Armorer school ($150 full day class and gets you 2 add'l discounted pistols per year and you can order parts direct from GLOCK). If you only join for the discount it's not that much of a savings. If you plan to shoot matches and such it really is worth it.

All good suggestions. Also don't forget Personal Defense Options (PDO) in Farragut. Their website shows a price of $510 through 8-31-10. I have purchased from both PDO & Austins and would use either again.

I forgot about PDO, good folks down there. They have a smaller inventory, but they will order it for you.

Guest hi im drummer03

Buy your gun at Coal Creek. The gun is 519 plus tax. Although purchasing there from a bunch of great guys.you also get 6 free range passes for range time.

Guest bkelm18
Another great thing about PDO is you can buy any gun from Davidson's Gallery of Guns and get PDO's price. Then accept the deal, make a downpayment and, the within two days you will get a call from them telling you they have your gun.

That applies to any dealer that orders from Gallery of Guns.

Guest tngw1500se
Buy your gun at Coal Creek. The gun is 519 plus tax. Although purchasing there from a bunch of great guys.you also get 6 free range passes for range time.

Really? I've been there twice. Had money in my pocket and was willing and ready to buy. I started calling it "Cold Creek" because of the cold shoulder I got there. Seemed like they didn't have time for me. Didn't seem to give a rats butt, and dropped me like a hot rock when someone they knew walked in.

Really? I've been there twice. Had money in my pocket and was willing and ready to buy. I started calling it "Cold Creek" because of the cold shoulder I got there. Seemed like they didn't have time for me. Didn't seem to give a rats butt, and dropped me like a hot rock when someone they knew walked in.

What he said.

As far as K-town, I'd shop around. A good deal would be $480 ish. Mike's gun shop in Tazewell has a $505 sticker on there's but they have sold me one for $479....all you have to do is haggle. If you want to head up to Mike's I'm going tomorrow. I'll call ahead and make sure he'll honor the same price for you. I know he has a few 26's in stock. Mike's is the best kept secret around Knoxville. Who else in the area will show you thier dealer cost and sell at 10% over?

Good luck!

That is the exact reason I bought my Glock elsewhere than CCA. I went in, money in hand to buy right then. It took me 20 minutes to get someone's attention, and they he acted like he could care less if I even got to look at the guns.

I walked out and went elsewhere and paid more.

However, I have been back in there several times afterwards, and been treated very well. I am glad I went back and gave them a chance, but I will never forget my first time and the cold shoulder I got.

That is the exact reason I bought my Glock elsewhere than CCA. I went in, money in hand to buy right then. It took me 20 minutes to get someone's attention, and they he acted like he could care less if I even got to look at the guns.

I walked out and went elsewhere and paid more.

I have had this same expierience everytime I have gone to CCA. I went to Craig's, didn't know I could get that kind of deal! I got my 26 OTD w/nightsights for less than I have seen anyone else's asking price.