Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the first Crusades were in fact to repel Moorish invaders the later invasions of Moorish lands were to conquer and convert, and to liberate the Holy Lands from Muslim hands.

I know, don't cross the 38th parallel. See how stopping an all out war gets you in a stale mate. Stale mate was not what the Europeans were looking for. Remember, they were being attacked.

Guest mosinon
And I agree with you, Mike. The thing about the Westboro bunch, as compared to

just about everyone else, is we Americans tend to flush that stuff out, ourselves. I

haven't seen the muslims doing that too much about their radical brothers. They

just want us to accept them without question. It's a one way street with them. As

sorry as it was that someone did that in Murfreesboro, it will probably continue.

Maybe the muslims should consider denouncing their radical brothers before trying

to make us accept them. Acceptance should be voluntary, not by the strong arm of

the government.

To date, I have heard one report from muslims(in Canada) that expressed any kind

of sensitivity towards the people of New York. At least that was a start.

Well here are some more:

scroll about a quarter of the way down

photo essay on Iran's vigil

You'll get the pics of candlelight vigils held in Tehran right after 9/11 in support of the victims. There is also some stuff on vigils held by bhuddists and hindus. Maybe some links to fatwas declared against Bin Laden. And so forth.

Edited by mosinon
better link
Did you actually read any of the passages that were quoted? Because none of them say what that author "paraphrases" them as saying. Once again, read in its entirety, then judge. I have read the Quran more than once, Therefore I have some insight.

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying , Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known , thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare , neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death , and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die ; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

EDIT: BTW... this ain't from the Quran

Guest Sgt. Joe
SOMEBODY IS GOING TO JAIL and rightly so. Forget the muslim thing. This is a clear cut case of arson. Throw in the muslims and you have a hate crime on top of arson.

This is the bottom line folks IF they are caught and I do believe that they will be but that it will take a reward for someone who knows to turn those responsible in.

If you burn up someones stuff (sometimes even your own) and or take pot shots at people it is against the law, it does not matter what race, religion, creed, color or even if one carries a Glock, people can not burn your stuff or shoot at you. It is against the law period.

I really do think it will take a reward to get these people caught though as there seems to be no witnesses in either case.

It is true that the very Freedoms our country provides are what are being used to destroy us from within, but as a wise man once said, something to the effect that... "Those who would trade Liberty for Security will not have nor deserve either"

And while it is certainly possible that these people did this to themselves to bring pity to their cause, I also think it is highly unlikely.

I am not going to get into a religious debate here but while there are extremest Muslims, are not those who did the arson and shooting also extremist whatevers?

Did you actually read any of the passages that were quoted? Because none of them say what that author "paraphrases" them as saying. Once again, read in its entirety, then judge. I have read the Quran more than once, Therefore I have some insight.

If you read the article surrounding those quotes you'd realize that's the point - the author was attempting to make the point that picking and choosing phrases out of context of any text can radically change it's meaning.

For the record I'm NOT familiar with the Quran, so I can't speak on what the phrases commonly discussed really mean.

I am not going to get into a religious debate here but while there are extremest Muslims, are not those who did the arson and shooting also extremist whatevers?

Heck, for all we know these were environmental extremists or radical Muslims who are pissed at the 'Americanized' muslims. Unlikely, I know, just saying...

This is the bottom line folks IF they are caught and I do believe that they will be but that it will take a reward for someone who knows to turn those responsible in.

If you burn up someones stuff (sometimes even your own) and or take pot shots at people it is against the law, it does not matter what race, religion, creed, color or even if one carries a Glock, people can not burn your stuff or shoot at you. It is against the law period.

I really do think it will take a reward to get these people caught though as there seems to be no witnesses in either case.

It is true that the very Freedoms our country provides are what are being used to destroy us from within, but as a wise man once said, something to the effect that... "Those who would trade Liberty for Security will not have nor deserve either"

And while it is certainly possible that these people did this to themselves to bring pity to their cause, I also think it is highly unlikely.

Well said

I was in the Boro this weekend and one of my friends who lives there (I did for 4 years) said that the locals stood up and fought against the mosque. Many people made comments that they would burn the place down. I would not put it past good ole Southern folks to let some common law justice ring out against any pro-muslim buldings in the area. Just because NY bends over and takes it, doesn't mean that they can start building mosques in the Southern pro-Christian areas without some resistance.

If you travel outside of the Boro' especially towards Woodbury, I have friends who have run across burning crosses and KKK rally's. Not that I support that at all, but you have to realize the type of people your dealing with in the area. Even the quiet one's aren't going to take kindly to a bunch of towel heads no matter how civilized they claim to be, especially with the NY mosque so blatently slapping the U.S. in the face right now.

I have no problem with freedom of religion, however the muslum's need to realize and RESPECT the fact that this country is a Christian nation. You don't see us going over and building churches in Muslum countries....it would be an outrage. However they are just fine with bringing thier religion out so publicly in our country.

I'm sorry, but this is a Christian nation that is "tolerant" of other religions because the bible tells us to be, however when you want us to be tolerant of you, better be respectful of us.

This country seems to be going in the direction of extreme tolerance of religion passing the buck to the constitution, however the line is going to be drawn at some point.....I feel like it already has with the Ground Zero mosque. The only reason it doesn't piss me off that much is that I don't think radical Muslums were behind 9/11 :rolleyes:

I hate that I'm the only one saying this, but you need to check out the Code of Conduct and simmer down a little bit, my friend.

Members should treat each other as they would like to be treated themselves. Name calling, flame posts, racial slurs, and other insulting remarks meant to cause conflict will not be tolerated. You should always try to maintain good fellowship with the other members of this community and be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

I hate that I'm the only one saying this, but you need to check out the Code of Conduct and simmer down a little bit, my friend.

Members should treat each other as they would like to be treated themselves. Name calling, flame posts, racial slurs, and other insulting remarks meant to cause conflict will not be tolerated. You should always try to maintain good fellowship with the other members of this community and be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

Unfortunately, we have some so called "leaders" stirring this crap up.

Rednecks are a race now?

When did this happen?

I simply find it amusing that people throw that word around and it can be used to degrade a person just as much as other words but THOSE words are TABOO.

Last time I checked

N****R is not a race

F****T is not a race

Q***R is not a race

D**E is not a race

G*Y is not a race (nationally televised "STOP IT" or some kind of BS commercials)

Mikegideon understood what I meant :rolleyes:

Heck, for all we know these were environmental extremists or radical Muslims who are pissed at the 'Americanized' muslims. Unlikely, I know, just saying...

Much more likely that some on the anti-Mosque side went back to their sheet-wearing roots.

You might consider that it is not the idea of just being a mosque. It may

have something to do with where that mosque may be and the furor that

that started with 9/11. There are a lot of conservatives and liberals that

don't care for the mosque being proposed near the WTC site, and some

are angry.

I'm also sure some of that same sentiment is alive and well in Murfreesboro.

As to the white sheet mentality, that's the first I've heard of this during

the discussion. Pamela Geller probably doesn't belong in that category,

The Governor of New York wouldn't, either. Little more complicated than

that. This is more politicized than you might have wanted to know about,

and I doubt if the KKK are involved. But you never know.