Hi-Powers are Sexy!

glockster157

Glock's are rugged, 1911's are classic, Beretta's are racy but Hi-Powers are just plain sexy. I like my G34 and my G19 a lot. They are lighter, hold more rounds, are probably even more reliable...but when I pick up that MKIII Hi-Power, it just feels invigorating...for the lack of a better term. Or is it just me?

hipowermarkiii.jpg

hipowertt.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The original ones with the deep blue are some of the most beautiful pistols around. I agree with Jack on the black epoxy ones. It just doesn't fit as well. The store i just started working in got a deep blued Browning HP of all things and I like to look at it ..... a lot! Here's some pics of the two I shouldn't have let get away. It's an FN with the factory SFS system and a Browning Mark3 both .40's.

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

0703090805-05.jpg

FNHPSFS.jpg

However, they should have just said no to this variant!

browning2.jpg

I have a '66 T Series that my dad gave me long ago. I used it to qualify for my HCP in '98. It had never been fired. I have never had any work done to it, but would like for a gunsmith to work it over a little so that it will reliably feed JHPs. I would really like to add it to my carry rotation.

The last one I had was a fairly clean 1972 version but "Jenius" me let it get away. I agree the MK III epoxy finish is not the prettiest but it is more durable than the polished blue. But the MKIII's have the factory throated barrels, the ambi safety of decent size and real sights. Grips are the hardest for me. I actually like the plastic MKIII grips because I have shorter fingers and they are thinner than the wood.

I have owned several over the years. I now have MIII .40 in the epoxy finish. The finish is very durable and shows no wear from carrying.

I still am on the looking for the right deal on a 9mm blued version. I saw a FM Hi power the other day finished in ROBAR. It was a very nice finish and looked durable. I agree there is something about a Hi Power,