Mp 9MM FS vs G19..

Guest Fwdftw

Must say ive owned my glock 19 for almost 2 years now and have put well over 6000 rounds through it. And i recently picked up a used Smith MP 9MM Full Size and absolutley must say its a excellent pistol. Here is my 1st mag at 7 yards.. with 1 aimed at the upper 7

dd8fbca1.jpg

The glock was shot ok.. but must say felt recoil and even the STOCK trigger was OK. Hard to fell the reset on the MP but ofc the glock is like a rock and can definatly feel the reset and a tad more recoil. Must say this ones gonna go to the MP. With that said i HIGHLY doubt ill ever sell my g19.. that gun is just the ****. end story lol haha :D Think a MP 9c is the future and some stippling to the MP.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally bought the MP 9c. And then sold and purchased my g19 for CCW.. And have been yearning for a fullsize since.. I really loved and could shoot the 9c GOOD like a ragged hole but couldnt get over no pinky space lol ( i have large hands) lol so sold and got the g19. I think i can get over the pinky thing now.

Why? I mean, for me, why would I want to have something I really like, and something I really don't care for?

If you like both, then my logic doesn't apply.

Yeah I tend to agree with this. These are combat style guns, each serving the same purpose. I prefer to keep one system with holsters and systematic similarity. I find no real use it having both. I can find other things to spend my money on that serve different purposes. Most will find that they like one more than the other. Pick the one you like most and pick up the various szes which wil work for you and use that.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

Tried a M&P. It was accurate enough and completely reliable, but I hated the trigger. Too mushy for my taste and zero discernible reset. I just couldn't shoot it as quickly as my G19.

I have both. I've sold two of my M&P's but I kept buying another. So it's here to stay.

Both are great pistols and both have their strong points.

Mike didn't you get the message. They are both combat style pistols that serve the same purpose so you shouldn't have both of them.:) I guess that we are rebels for owning a M&P 9 and a g19. Against the grain kind of guys. :cool:

Why? I mean, for me, why would I want to have something I really like, and something I really don't care for?

If you like both, then my logic doesn't apply.

Your logic does not apply to me. Sorry for being overly excited about two pistols that I like alot.

I just can't get my head past S&W = revolver. Never have warmed up to a Smith auto...

I have owned a Smith auto since the '70's. It still runs well, and can't recall any malfunctions. I also have a 3rd generation Smith auto. Finally, I have an M&P that's in pieces right now getting some APEX parts. Point is, they're not exactly newcomers, and have always worked well enough for LE service. Granted, I thought I was "giving them a chance" when i bought my 59 because it has Patents Pending stamped in the slide.

I've never owned a revolver other than S&W, and I agree with you there. I've just come to have some faith in their autos after all these years too.

Mike didn't you get the message. They are both combat style pistols that serve the same purpose so you shouldn't have both of them.:) I guess that we are rebels for owning a M&P 9 and a g19. Against the grain kind of guys. :cool:

It's all just opinion and I am sure you have a right to buy what you wish. If you are into multiple types of combat style pistols, then by all means. I don't think he was, and I certainly wasn't , trying to suggest you are wrong. I just don't at this point, and I guess he doesn't either see a lot of sense in buying multiple platforms, or tools, for the same exact purpose. Me I am a systems guy. I carry basically one type of gun. Mainly the Glock, but even my P7M8 and my 19111's I have owned all have basically the same trigger.

If I wanted to buy a whole new set of holsters and such I might buy an M&P, but even though I like them I don't have a use for them I'd rather stick to what I know and what I have holsters for already and make sure I am the best I can be with those. When I carry those I carry them in the same basic places and don't use hugely different platforms. In other words I don't carry one day on my belt and another day in my pocket. I don't carry semi-autos one day and revolvers another.

Then again some people are very in combat or tactical pistols. I only see them as tools and also have my other interests, such as sporting clays, hunting and vintage shotguns. I don't have the money do have everything I want in all of those categories. Enjoy the discipline you like and buy whatever peaks your interest.

..... Me I am a systems guy. I carry basically one type of gun. Mainly the Glock, but even my P7M8 and my 19111's I have owned all have basically the same trigger.

may i ask how the glock an 1911's you speak of have the same trigger?

Only dry fired. Hated the trigger. No matter what I flirt with for a while, I just keep coming back to my Glock. It just fits me.

And that Glock will still be rockin when the sweet little M & P is toast.