Shoulder Holster Carry

Guest TargetShooter84
I'm out of town right now. When I get back I will check out and see if I can seem who made it. If I recall I got it at a gun show, but that could have been anywhere. I have probably had it for 15 years or more.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Dan Wesson .357 magnum, 6" barrel last year. It came with a very nice leather Safariland shoulder rig, as well as a nice leather Bianchi belt holster.

I do use the shoulder rig for hunting, and it works well for that purpose. Under my jacket/coat the gun stays dry...and warm!

I tried this rig once at church, just to see if I could. My sport coat kept it covered. But I really don't recommend it.

I recently bought a nylon one (and even that was expensive, comparatively speaking.) I bought it solely to carry my 4 inch Taurus 66 .357 while hunting or trout fishing. I figure on carrying it while fishing as much for potential (however unlikely) critter encounters as for defense against two-legged varmints - with 180 grain hard cast Buffalo Bore it should make even black bears think twice. I needed something that would keep the gun out of the water when I wade out in my hip waders but would still allow it to be quickly and easily accessible. What I really wanted was an old Tanker-style rig but I couldn't find one so I have adjusted the shoulder rig to carry the revolver a bit forward of where a shoulder rig would normally ride. I usually wear my fishing vest when I am wading so that should help conceal it but, for my purposes in that limited use, concealment is not as much of a concern for me as if I were in town. I have more compact firearms for EDC but I do also have a FOBUS for the Taurus if I want to carry it in a more regular situation. I don't think I would like a shoulder rig for EDC but for the specific purpose I have in mind I think it will work well.

Edited by JAB
Guest Keinengel

I have a Bianchi shoulder holster for my desert eagle and its worked out well thus far. I obviously don't carry the DE on a regular basis but after carrying it in a basic belt holster for a couple days then switching to the shoulder rig im definatly not going back to a belt.

For an EDC I wouldn't reccomend a shoulder rig under most circumstances but for a large gun (my DE weighs about 5 pounds loaded) a shoulder style will probably be more comfortable and practical.

I bought a Dan Wesson .357 magnum, 6" barrel last year. It came with a very nice leather Safariland shoulder rig, as well as a nice leather Bianchi belt holster.

I do use the shoulder rig for hunting, and it works well for that purpose. Under my jacket/coat the gun stays dry...and warm!

I tried this rig once at church, just to see if I could. My sport coat kept it covered. But I really don't recommend it.

Are they still making this gun with three barrels, 2 sets of grips and a barrel nut holding it together? It about drove me crazy shooting loose, or was too tight, all the time.

Cherokee Slim

Are they still making this gun with three barrels, 2 sets of grips and a barrel nut holding it together? It about drove me crazy shooting loose, or was too tight, all the time.

Cherokee Slim

DW has been out of the revolver business for some time; parts and service are still available. I bought mine used.

It's a good idea to check cylinder clearance occasionally, especially if you're swapping barrels. I only have one barrel and mine's within spec.

Guest broncobuddha
It may have already been mentioned in here somewhere, but you might also look at a belly band.

I was going to say this or the UnderTech compression shirts. Anyone ever wear one?

undertech-undercover-compression-b.jpg