Carry under tucked in dress shirt

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry every day with a CTAC holster with V clips (velcro clips with the other side sewn into my belt), with tucked in shirt, many times dress shirts. Hey, here's some pics.

Pictures2150.jpg

Pictures2157.jpg

Pictures2154.jpg

I have a "thunder carry" pouch thing that you wear under your pants in the crotch area. You can wear tucked in no problem as it doesn't sit anywhere on your belt. It has it's own waist band that velcro's in place. You put your undies on, the thunder carry, then your pants. All you have to do is pull the front of your belt out enough to grab the butt of the gun and pull it out.

I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry II and a Glock 27 in mine very comfortably. I would fit a larger gun, but it will begin to get uncomfortable depending on the type of pants you're wearing and the "room" you have in that area...lol I used to travel alot for work and would frequently be in a dress shirt and jeans. This was my favorite way to carry as it was comfy while driving and I didn't have to fiddle with holstering, tucking, etc. every time I stopped to get gas or a bite to eat.

Check out this type of holster, I think you'll like it. It has two pouches, one for the gun, and one to hold extra mags. This also gives you the option of which side to carry the gun depending on if you're right or left handed. The only thing that shows is it looks like you have a slight bulge in your crotch area....not excactly something someone is going to notice nor think is out of the ordinary...especially the ladies ;)

I have solved the issue now because I carry a Sig P238 Equinox that fit's in my pocket easily and creates less of a bulge than my wallet.

Edited by Kenstaroni

Kesava, I normally carry similar to db99wj, except in jeans and either tucked button-up or t-shirt - works for EDC.

But at church - I play guitar, and the strap can pull my shirt up enough to expose the gun. So I opt for my snub nose in a belly band - left side about 10:00 o'clock - butt forward; then completely covered by a tucked-in button-up shirt.

Gun access requires unbuttoning one shirt button mid-belly for a Napoleon style crossdraw. Not fast - but the most likely Sunday scenario is a church shooter. My planned reaction is to move to the nearest cover/concealment, then unbutton and draw the gun if needed. I've practiced this enough to make a smooth clean draw.

I regularly carry my Walther PPS-9 in one of my two "tuckable" inside the waistmand holsters. Both work fine, even in light, summer clothing (not too tight). One holster is a DeSantis "Tuck This II", which is very effective and relatively easy to put on and take off. It's not too comfortable is worn for more than about an hour and doesn't allow you tuck your shirt too deeply. My other holster is a Crossbreed MiniTuck. The Crossbreed is a little harder to put on but is much more comfortable. It also allows you to tuck your shirt deeper into your pants. My Crossbreed has two belt clips, which can be seen outside the belt (but nobody has ever asked me what they are for) but it has a velcro option which secures the clips to the back of either their belt or your belt (after you have installed the velcro pads on it). If I'm just "popping out" for a few minutes I often use a DeSantis "Super Fly" pocket holster. It's usually very easy to slip in my pocket (depending on pocket size of the pants I'm wearing), provides good concealment (you can tell there's something in my front pocket but it looks like a wallet or PDA, and provides reasonably good access to my weapon. Good luck!

For sunday wear I sometimes carry in a belly band but rotate and pull it up to shoulder holster position. Covers completely with a sport shirt and comes out reasonably well if I unbutton my shirt. If I really needed to draw fast i don't think a couple of buttons would even be noticed.

Glenn

Guest Marine03

Check out Crossbreed holsters. Crossbeed holsters are the most comfortable holsters I've ever worn. Plus you can tuck in your shirt. I've had police harrass me about my pocket knife and never noticed that I was carrying a .45. crossbreedholsters.com

Check out Crossbreed holsters. Crossbeed holsters are the most comfortable holsters I've ever worn. Plus you can tuck in your shirt. I've had police harrass me about my pocket knife and never noticed that I was carrying a .45. crossbreedholsters.com

Crossbreed Super-tuck.

I use a comp-tac holster that you can tuck your shirt in around. The Minotaur MTAC is what I carry with. I am going to end up having to go with a CTAC or Gladiator for my 1911 Operator because of the rail. These are built much like the crossbreed super tuck marine03 was talking about.

Edited by bnoland

I've carried a glock 19 in a CTAC for a long time. When I was in sales for a not carry friendly business and going into homes no-one was ever the wiser. I used the standard clips but V-clips are definitely the ultimate in stealthy carry.

Mike