Gun Stolen Outta My Car....

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest KimberChick

They probably saw your GPS mount(or the suction cup marks on the windshield) and went for it. Your weapon was just a nice little bonus unfortunately. At least, that's how I've been told it goes down around here. Windshield mounted electronics, their holders and even the suction cup rings they leave are like a calling card to theives that something worth taking is likely inside the console or glovebox. It sucks nonetheless.

Edited by KimberChick
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it works out....

I had a handgun stolen by some juvinell's several years ago. They were caugh and ordered to pay restitution. (Gun supposedly thrown in the river). Never have seen a dime. The juvenile clerk let one of them move out of state with out getting any info on where they were going or anything. Used to call the clerk and the other's probation officer regularly...finally just gave up.

BTW....It was a Smith and Wesson Model 5903 Ser# TZZ1312 It was entered into NCIC (Need to check to make sure it still is) I also entered it into Stolen Gun Database And Stolen Guns Search myself.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Thanks, Fallguy.

I put my G23 on there Serial# PGA564

I'm just pissed.

I hope they try to pawn it...

What I don't hope is that someone innocent gets hurt with it. There's a loaded .40 out there because I'm a dumbass... ;)

Drew.

Pawn shops are required to turn in a computer file of every item they take in to the police everyday. There the serial numbers are ran across the stolen items database. A lot more care is taken with firearms...at least at the pawn shop I worked at for awhile because you don't **** around with the ATF. Hope you get it back soonest.

Guest boatme99

Sorry to hear that.

I have to remove my gun when I get to work and don't put it on my hip if I'm not making any stops on the way home (I know, I should expect the unexpected), and have left it in the vehicle when I got there. But I've always realized it and gone back for it, even if I'm already in bed. As soon as I realize what I've done, I can't rest until it's safely with me.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Anyone had any experience with these guys? Console Vault

Been thinking of getting one for my truck for those times your out an about and hit a place thats posted.

Those look really cool, and I thought my glove box lock would be sufficient, but... NOPE.

Never leaving a firearm in my car again.

• Moderators
Those look really cool, and I thought my glove box lock would be sufficient, but... NOPE.

Never leaving a firearm in my car again.

The glove box is going to be one of the first places a thief goes when he breaks into a car. Both mine and my wife's old cars had completely unsuable glove boxes from being broken into when we lived in midtown and downtown.
Guest Glock23ForMe
Wow. I can only imagine some young kid or some meth head running around out there with a loaded Glock now. Pray some innocent home owner or woman putting her groceries in her trunk don't fall victim to a senseless crime.

I'm not worried about the gun. ^^ That is exactly what I was worried about.... :(

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Who me? viewpost-right.png

Wow. I can only imagine some young kid or some meth head running around out there with a loaded Glock now. Pray some innocent home owner or woman putting her groceries in her trunk don't fall victim to a senseless crime.

That's nonsense. He is not going to cause a crime to be committed. The criminal is responsible.

If someone steals my truck and runs it through a crowd at the Puppies and Babies Festival then it would not be my fault nor would I feel responsible.

How about putting blame where it belongs....the piece of **** criminal that broke into his car...

Guest tnfireman
That's nonsense. He is not going to cause a crime to be committed. The criminal is responsible.

If someone steals my truck and runs it through a crowd at the Puppies and Babies Festival then it would not be my fault nor would I feel responsible.

How about putting blame where it belongs....the piece of **** criminal that broke into his car...

+10000

It's all good.. It sucks knowing it was stolen. I know, I just got back from Wal Mart, I was going to buy a 12 Gauge Security System, but they said they couldn't do background checks after 9:00 pm. ;)

The wally world in Bartlett has the same policy with ammo. During the worst of the ammo shortage (remember when you NEVER saw 380?), I was on midnights. I'd occasionally go "shopping" on duty. Nothing more retarded than standing there, in uniform, gun and loaded spare mags on my belt, and I couldn't buy a box of ammo. :(

Guest Glock23ForMe
The wally world in Bartlett has the same policy with ammo. During the worst of the ammo shortage (remember when you NEVER saw 380?), I was on midnights. I'd occasionally go "shopping" on duty. Nothing more retarded than standing there, in uniform, gun and loaded spare mags on my belt, and I couldn't buy a box of ammo. :poop:

If I was working, I would've sold you ammo.. I hate people that cannot think for themselves whenever they work for a company...

One thing that does chap my pants, is that the cop kinda screwed me on the police report...

I told him I paid $510.99 for the gun, plus tax, and tax was 9.25%.

He put the gun was worth $519.25 on the report.

My math here:

510.99 X 1.0925 = $558.26

Cop Math - Drew Math = 39.01 of tax not accounted for... :)

Edited by Glock23ForMe
Guest Glock23ForMe

Back On Topic:

Called the insurance co today, they told me to mail them back the form they are mailing me, along with the police report and they would see what they could do about replacing my Glock!! :poop::):biglol:

Back On Topic:

Called the insurance co today, they told me to mail them back the form they are mailing me, along with the police report and they would see what they could do about replacing my Glock!! :poop::cool::D

Hmmm, that's what they started me out on. The form will be one page, basically an excell looking table, that you list each item individually with a description, acquired new or used, store and city purchased, date purchased, original cost, current replacement cost, and amount claimed.

Also, go ahead and get Ms. Jeannie to make you some copies of all supporting documents, ie reciepts, police report, etc., cause they will want that too.

Anyone had any experience with these guys? Console Vault

Been thinking of getting one for my truck for those times your out an about and hit a place thats posted.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/

Has a lot of security products far cars and trucks. I want one of their consoles, glovebox, and underseat gun boxes. Need more money.

I have been lightly shopping this as well. Here is an interesting site I found.

Firearm Security Products - Worry-Free Travel Gear for your peace of mind - Travel Gear, Anti-theft Travel Accessories & Travel Safety Tips

If I was working, I would've sold you ammo.. I hate people that cannot think for themselves whenever they work for a company...

One thing that does chap my pants, is that the cop kinda screwed me on the police report...

I told him I paid $510.99 for the gun, plus tax, and tax was 9.25%.

He put the gun was worth $519.25 on the report.

My math here:

510.99 X 1.0925 = $558.26

Cop Math - Drew Math = 39.01 of tax not accounted for... :poop:

Tax is tax. Money collected for tax doesn't add value to the item. So another way of looking at it is the cop gave you a bonus of $9. :cool:

Tax is tax. Money collected for tax doesn't add value to the item. So another way of looking at it is the cop gave you a bonus of $9. :)

That may be true, but if he has to buy a replacement then he has to pay tax on it, so it should be included in the estimated value.