Let's light Regions Bank Up!

Guest tnxdshooter

Guest tnxdshooter

If you all want to light them up here it is from the letter they sent in response to my letter.

Regions Bank

WILLIAM F. BURCH

Senior Vice President

Director, Corporate Security

P.O. Box 10105

Birmingham AL 35202

(205) 261-0614

Fax (205) 261-6630

william.burch@regions.com

Letter forthcoming

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe
As you know courthouses, hospitals, airports, government office buildings, and others, do not allow firearms in their facilities for the same reason.
Courthouses (Armed City/County Police Officers) = Yes, Both.

Hospitals (Armed Guards/Security Personnel) = Yes, Both. (<- Not to mention there is probably ALWAYS a LEO there.)

Airports = We'll get to that in a minute

Government Office Buildings = 1, they don't have money there, 2, there is always, more than likely a LEO there.

Back to Airports.

Only the large airports have any type of "No firearms policy". AFAIK, I've never seen a Gunbuster Sign at Murfreesboro's Airport, and, even at the larger airports, if you go through the General Aviation portion of these airports... No one cares.

The places where you cannot have firearms have MILLIONS of dollars to prevent any weapons from being there.

Bottom Line:

If Region's starts securing their banks like the airport does... I'll go back, if not, I'll stay at Suntrust.

Guest KimberChick

Does anyone know at what point the branch will not allow a cash-out account closing? Is there a specific dollar limit that will essentially drain that branch's cash reserves? Anyone on here down with how cash-on-hand works at banks, especially on Saturdays?

It's been awhile since I worked at Regions but from what I remember we would usually give cash back up to $100, anything over, we would try to issue a check. I don't recall if there was an actual number or not. Their might have been.

On one occasion, years ago, I cashed a check at Regions for $5500. They had no problem giving me that in $100s. This was at their downtown Nashville location - a branch would've probably freaked out.

I got some strange looks from the bank personnel over that one... It was for home renovations.

Guest tnxdshooter

To heck with em I am going to let my money do the talking. Just as soon as my stuff (debit card and checks) get here from the credit union I am closing my account.

Does anyone know at what point the branch will not allow a cash-out account closing? Is there a specific dollar limit that will essentially drain that branch's cash reserves? Anyone on here down with how cash-on-hand works at banks, especially on Saturdays?

Saturdays are kind of rough on banks. If we have it on hand, we'll give it to you in cash. If not, we issue a certified check. For large amounts, it's usually helpful to call ahead to see which branch can handle it.

Guest KimberChick
Saturdays are kind of rough on banks. If we have it on hand, we'll give it to you in cash. If not, we issue a certified check. For large amounts, it's usually helpful to call ahead to see which branch can handle it.

I'd probably have to do that then. I'm not going to headquarters to do it. Besides, a call ahead of time to have a certain amount of cash ready for the closure of several accounts might spur some interest as to why that amount of money was no longer available for Regions' use as collateral.

Regions new "gun free zone" likely won't be bomb free, much like the bank in Coral Gables, Florida. Someone should remind Mr. Corporate Security of that. If they are afraid their customers are so put out with them that one might open fire, maybe they should reconsider their business practices.

This gentleman is in Birmingham.

Please remind him that in Alabama there is NO CRIMINAL OFFENSE for walking past one of these STUPID SIGNS.

In Tennessee, these signs pose a FINE for us. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Also in Alabama (he should know because he is in Birmingham) the only place it is against AL State law to carry a firearm is at PROTEST/PICKETING. A sign means NOTHING in Alabama and does not subject those people with licenses to a fine down there.

In Alabama, you can carry at hospitals, banks, schools, airport terminals (not past the metal detectors that is the fed's responsibility), court houses (if no one asks you to leave/metal detectors), local, and state government buildings IF you have an Alabama Concealed Pistol License. This FOOL knows nothing that he speaks of.

We can carry in the same places pretty much, except schools and courtrooms during court, IF there is no stupid sign...the problem is here is with the stupid sign that we can get FINED five hundred bucks.

I was in Regions today to deposit a check,was told that i would have to remove my hat first because they now enforce the No Hat,No Sunglasses,rule to be in the bank.What a crock of $H]T !!!

I certainly won't be using Regions.

BTW. As for cashing out. I think they are required to have a certain amount of cash available. I would not be in a mood to accept a check. A check would not do me allot of good to have to take to another location to try and spend.

Guest KimberChick
I certainly won't be using Regions.

BTW. As for cashing out. I think they are required to have a certain amount of cash available. I would not be in a mood to accept a check. A check would not do me allot of good to have to take to another location to try and spend.

Which is why I'd loooove to tap out a branch at about 9:30am on a Saturday. I think it'd be hilarious honestly, lol.

"Why caint I cash mah check? What you mean you ain't got no cash?"

"I'm sorry sir, we pissed off a bunch of law-abiding citizens and they took their money and left...all on the same day."

Edited by KimberChick
Guest tnxdshooter
This gentleman is in Birmingham.

Please remind him that in Alabama there is NO CRIMINAL OFFENSE for walking past one of these STUPID SIGNS.

In Tennessee, these signs pose a FINE for us. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Also in Alabama (he should know because he is in Birmingham) the only place it is against AL State law to carry a firearm is at PROTEST/PICKETING. A sign means NOTHING in Alabama and does not subject those people with licenses to a fine down there.

In Alabama, you can carry at hospitals, banks, schools, airport terminals (not past the metal detectors that is the fed's responsibility), court houses (if no one asks you to leave/metal detectors), local, and state government buildings IF you have an Alabama Concealed Pistol License. This FOOL knows nothing that he speaks of.

We can carry in the same places pretty much, except schools and courtrooms during court, IF there is no stupid sign...the problem is here is with the stupid sign that we can get FINED five hundred bucks.

Oh I know. He made me mad on the phone. I wound up calling him a water head and that if I was his boss I would fire him for incompetance since this will cost regions money.

Guest tnxdshooter
Which is why I'd loooove to tap out a branch at about 9:30am on a Saturday. I think it'd be hilarious honestly, lol.

"Why caint I cash mah check? What you mean you ain't got no cash?"

"I'm sorry sir, we pissed off a bunch of law-abiding citizens and they took their money and left...all on the same day."

This gave me an idea. Why not stage kind of like a rally/get together type deal where everyone meets down there on a certain saturday at the regions in their area and everyone withdraws their money at the same time. I wonder if this would get their attention? Probably not as they are incompetant douche bags.

I was in Regions today to deposit a check,was told that i would have to remove my hat first because they now enforce the No Hat,No Sunglasses,rule to be in the bank.What a crock of $H]T !!!

If I had a account at Regions the hat deal would be enough by it self for me to close the account. I don't know what this bank is thinking unless they want to go out of business. How can any business think that is anyway to treat a customer.

Guest tnxdshooter
If I had a account at Regions the hat deal would be enough by it self for me to close the account. I don't know what this bank is thinking unless they want to go out of business. How can any business think that is anyway to treat a customer.

Usually any person or with billions of dollars will try and run over people and impose their will upon them? Why cuz they can they got the money to back it up.

Guest Glock23ForMe
use the drive-thru.

See, I can't go with this part. If they don't want me inside with it... I'm not going through the drive through with it... I'm switching banks.

The no hat no sunglasses is done at a lot if banks. It's a recognition deal, they want you on camera. If you like having exposed tellers, take the hat and glasses off. When I was a manager, I didn't like sunglasses with a hat pulled low over the eyes either. I asked several people to remove them. Most bank robbers are wearing.... A hat and glasses.

The policy has change the signs are up, you can write the letter and leave the bank or stay, your choice, but they are not going to change it. A protest out in front of a branch will do no good, a large group might get some reaction but even then, not much. Fact is that the small percentage that this effects is small enough that they, Regions, won't/don't care. Pulling your money out will effect the branch more than anything and that is if you have several thousand and more.

I'm not saying you shouldn't pull your money out and let them know why, you should and i would if i banked there, but getting them to change their policy is harder than pissing up a rope.