Top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods - We have three of them

Harold

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 25 most dangerous neighborhoods - We have three of them in Tennessee. Didn't realize both we had so many.

25 most dangerous neighborhoods 2010

I know what you mean. I knew Chattanooga had crime, but I had no idea it was that bad. The area they posted in Chattanooga is pretty crappy. I remember back when I was attending UTC, a guy walked up to my car while I was at the red light at Palmetto and McCallie and asked me to give him $10. I refused. He then asked me to give him a ride. I refused that request as well. He then proceeded into trying open my car door. Scared the crap out of me. Lucky for me the light had changed and I drove off. I didn't own a gun, nor could I afford one at the time.

• Moderators
Yea saw that earlier. Loved how the people in Memphis were "surprised". Please.

I have a demotivational poster that would fit perfectly, but the word immediately preceding "please" would get me an infraction and possibly a vacation. lolz.

• Moderators

I spent 18 months working just outside of the #12 neighborhood. I was actually quite fond of the area, but it does hold to the old adage that nothing good ever happens on streets named after states.

The #19 neighborhood is great for taking pictures if you enjoy the industrial/ worn city shots. It also contains St. Jude. Right on the edges of it are the Union Mission, 201 Poplar and a recently demolished public housing project. I'd imagine those places contributed to this neighborhood's ranking. It is getting the problems coming from 3 directions. I expect it to drop off the list next year or the year after. A lot of money is being invested in the area.

Guest db99wj
I spent 18 months working just outside of the #12 neighborhood. I was actually quite fond of the area, but it does hold to the old adage that nothing good ever happens on streets named after states.

The #19 neighborhood is great for taking pictures if you enjoy the industrial/ worn city shots. It also contains St. Jude. Right on the edges of it are the Union Mission, 201 Poplar and a recently demolished public housing project. I'd imagine those places contributed to this neighborhood's ranking. It is getting the problems coming from 3 directions. I expect it to drop off the list next year or the year after. A lot of money is being invested in the area.

Yep, I'm working on a property in that area, the new LeBonheur tower is a few doors down.

Guest KimberChick
Yep, I'm working on a property in that area, the new LeBonheur tower is a few doors down.

Our office is very close to the "Florida St." hood. i eat lunch at DejaVu at the corner of Florida and Desoto sometimes. it's no doubt a rough and poor area, lots of people shambling about, lots of folks chilling on porches and in vacant lots under trees(see the Wendy's at Crump and Third for that) but I don't feel any less safe there than I do at home. Granted, I'm not over there after dark. The only place i've ever had someone hassle me fo' a dolla close to this area has been at the McD's at Third and Belz many months ago. I offered him a McRib that I added to my combo (fo' a dolla) and he gave me crazyeyes and bailed.

• Moderators
Our office is very close to the "Florida St." hood. i eat lunch at DejaVu at the corner of Florida and Desoto sometimes. it's no doubt a rough and poor area, lots of people shambling about, lots of folks chilling on porches and in vacant lots under trees(see the Wendy's at Crump and Third for that) but I don't feel any less safe there than I do at home. Granted, I'm not over there after dark. The only place i've ever had someone hassle me fo' a dolla close to this area has been at the McD's at Third and Belz many months ago. I offered him a McRib that I added to my combo (fo' a dolla) and he gave me crazyeyes and bailed.

The Walgreens next door is where I used to work. Soul food from the Sack & Save for the win.

But one in Chatt higher ranked. That gotta count for something.. :(

Yea, but there where more Crimes in just 1 Memphis then Chatt.

Chattanooga, Tenn.

Predicted annual violent crimes: 114

Memphis, Tenn.

Predicted annual violent crimes: 203

Memphis, Tenn.

Predicted annual violent crimes: 233

I think this means we Memphis wins hands down.

However, both cities,

My chances of becoming a victim here (in one year): 1 in 9

So from now on, every 2 posts where we bust on Memphis, we have to bust on Chatt. at least once to be fair.

And our downtown, and the mountain roads, and the big river bar and grill, and...

I love Cheeburger Cheeburger, I haven't been in there in a couple years but last time I was there I got my picture taken for the wall for eatting the pounder.