Memphis "Call To Arms" October Meet at MSSA?

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

custom made Dennis the menace slingshot and polished Earnest T. Bass rock:)

Those are both on my firepower wish list.

I understand all of that, but nevertheless......... :(

That place is just not for me

I comepletely understand your point of view. It is high. My point is, give them a little credit. MSSA would love to have you come to any of the many matches, which are open to the public.

I am sorry if i put words in your mouth. I see what you meant. It is a high initiation fee. I think it is high for another reason. I won't go into that here. It took me 6 months for me to save up for the initiation fee. I was against it until i visited with a friend. MSSA is so nice, i couldn't resist. The high fees do go back into the club.

I had the opposite experience. I was about to start saving up until I went as a visitor and met the dingleberry on the golf cart. Decided then and there that I wanted no part in MSSA. But that's a conversation for another time. :lol:

Jack, I'm gonna try to make it, but no guarantees with as much crap as I have going on right now.

I had the opposite experience. I was about to start saving up until I went as a visitor and met the dingleberry on the golf cart. Decided then and there that I wanted no part in MSSA. But that's a conversation for another time. :lol:

Jack, I'm gonna try to make it, but no guarantees with as much crap as I have going on right now.

Speaking of which, I need to talk to you. Next time I see you, remind me!

Guest Halfpint

I've been at drill all weekend, I come back to find the usually-well-organized "Call to Arms" thread a complete charlie-foxtrot . . . :drool:

So, I'm assuming -- since I'm confused from all the changes and such -- that it's 10A on Saturday at MSSA for the Highpower/long-range shoot, and 1P on Saturday at RUSA for the regular "hang out and maybe shoot" thing . . . ? If that's the case, I can't make the MSSA gig for sure, and I might not make the RUSA get-together. Got a billion things going on but would love to try to stop in. Need to make sure the new bushing in my 1911 isn't going to hang up on me like the old one was.

Also, friendly plug -- and I don't know if there's a thread or not, haven't been on here in almost a week -- but don't forget the Range USA Zombie Night the week after the get-together.

Might see everybody there, going to try for sure. :) And now, back to the formerly-scheduled charlie-foxtrot. :stir::D

Guest Halfpint

KC and I will likely be there . . . as long as I can get my *&)%^& intake back on this Saturday . . . for the third time!

Probably going to bring an early IPSC "race gun" to shoot, sans optics -- the boss told me to try it out and bring back a good target. :) It's a 9mm if anybody wants to bring some ammo and put a few mags through it. Fixed slide, moving cocking-piece like a lot of .22 target guns, with a compensator, HEAVY as all get-out, with an 18-round magazine. It looks fun, at the very least. :shake:

KC and I will likely be there . . . as long as I can get my *&)%^& intake back on this Saturday . . . for the third time!

Probably going to bring an early IPSC "race gun" to shoot, sans optics -- the boss told me to try it out and bring back a good target. :) It's a 9mm if anybody wants to bring some ammo and put a few mags through it. Fixed slide, moving cocking-piece like a lot of .22 target guns, with a compensator, HEAVY as all get-out, with an 18-round magazine. It looks fun, at the very least. :D

I'll bring some 9 to feed it!!!!

I had the opposite experience. I was about to start saving up until I went as a visitor and met the dingleberry on the golf cart. Decided then and there that I wanted no part in MSSA. But that's a conversation for another time. :)

What's the deal with the guy on the golf cart? This is the second time that someone has hinted that there may be an issue with this guy. Details please.