C&R FFL Wait Time

Guest 270win

I have just filled out my application and will be sending one copy with check to the ATF and the 2nd Copy to the Shelby County Sheriff's Dept at 201 Poplar in Memphis.

How long does this license take to process? I am mainly getting it to get discounts from places like Graf and Sons and Midway. It will also be nice when I do want to get an older gun from gunbroker and not have to pay the FFL transfer fee. I have found some nice 22 Hi Standard pistols that are C&R eligible.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sent mine back to me after 4 weeks, b/c I forgot to include the County in the Chief LEO address. I corrected it and sent it back out the same day. My license arrived 2 weeks later, so aside from the week it languished in the hands of the USPS due to my mistake, it took about 5 weeks.

It's been about a month since I got my license and I just got a package from BATF yesterday with all kinds of forms, brochures, manuals, etc...odd.

I just looked at my C&R license application copy I scanned and I forgot to put in the county also on the address line. I did put in Shelby County Sheriff Bill Oldham on the first line for CLEO. I guess i'll be getting my application back too because I just dropped my application in at the post office also. I wonder if I can print out a copy and send it to the ATF with the county part added to reduce the time delay.

I just got off the phone with the ATF lady and she will send me the original back to write in. Oh well extra time isn't a big deal.

Sorry to hear that it happened to you too. I was in a HUGE hurry to get mine, but it's been a month and I haven't even used it, LOL.

I sent mine in today via Express Mail so I could track it. I took it personally to the CLEO in my city and watched him sign. (He is a friend) I mailed the whole application. Did I do that right? Was I supposed to leave a copy with the police dept?

Guest sbs10v8
I sent mine in today via Express Mail so I could track it. I took it personally to the CLEO in my city and watched him sign. (He is a friend) I mailed the whole application. Did I do that right? Was I supposed to leave a copy with the police dept?

it was not required for you to have the CLEO sign anything...all you needed to do was put his address on the application and send a copy to him

I just looked at my C&R license application copy I scanned and I forgot to put in the county also on the address line. I did put in Shelby County Sheriff Bill Oldham on the first line for CLEO. I guess i'll be getting my application back too because I just dropped my application in at the post office also. I wonder if I can print out a copy and send it to the ATF with the county part added to reduce the time delay.

Got me too.:P Sending back out with the county.:D

You were supposed to leave a copy with the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office. (The Sherriff is the CLEO). Notifying him is something the ATF does, but he is not required to sign anything or send them anything. I think they just do it in case he knows you are a nut case but it doesn’t show in your background check.

Guest nozzle13

Woo hoo, I sent mine off 1 October, they debited my card on the 5th, and I received it in the mail last Friday the 22nd. Now I gots to find me a good deal on an '03 Springfield, and K98. What's the best place to look? I don't know why I took so long to fill out the paperwork. I've had the packet since May.

Guest bkelm18
Woo hoo, I sent mine off 1 October, they debited my card on the 5th, and I received it in the mail last Friday the 22nd. Now I gots to find me a good deal on an '03 Springfield, and K98. What's the best place to look? I don't know why I took so long to fill out the paperwork. I've had the packet since May.

AimSurplus has both the 1903 Springfield and the K98. Not what I'd call cheap though, as far as surplus. They appear to be in great condition though.

Sidinman,

ATF cashed my check real fast. It was cashed within three days of me mailing the packet to Atlanta. I did put on the CLEO line Shelby County Sheriff Bill Oldham. I have this suspicion that I will get mine sent back because i failed to put Shelby on the address line, even though common sense would say Hey i put 'Shelby County' right above. Let me know how your processing goes because yours was sent in about when mine was. I'll let ya'll know about mine. Maybe I'll get lucky and get this FFL license back in time to get discounts at Midway and Graf for Christmas.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, razorback I just got mine back today, saying that line 14 was incomplete. So I added Madison Cty to the line and will be putting it back in the mail this evening. So I guess my wait will be starting over. Maybe you will be receiving some better news soon.

I received my C&R FFL License today in the mail. I am ready for the discounts to buy family members Christmas presents like ammo and other shooting supplies.

Would you consider adopting me? I'm a little big and old, but I think I can fit in... ;)

Congrats on getting the C&R!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mr_b8908

Got mine in the mail today!!!!!!! They charged my card on the 16th and I recieved it today the 4th. Now that is a turn-around time!! Less Than 20 Days!