Holster for Ruger SR9c

Guest preacher

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Input on a good conceal holster for Ruger SR9c? picked up an Uncle Mikes (soft) yesterday, but advice would be appreciated

Do yourself a favor and get a nice custom leather one once in your life. You have to order, then forget about it for 3-9 months, depending on the maker.

Here's TT Gunleather, the one I use for my XD SC. He makes it for the SR9 compact too:

Slim IWB Holster "Mikes Special"

- OS

Guest apgov47

I just ordered a CBST the other night for my SR9c. Figured I'll go ahead and get a decent one from the get go instead of buying several cheap ones. I went with horsehide because of these hot summers we go through in Nashville every year. Hopefully I'll get it within 2 or 3 weeks.

I just ordered a CBST the other night for my SR9c. Figured I'll go ahead and get a decent one from the get go instead of buying several cheap ones. I went with horsehide because of these hot summers we go through in Nashville every year. Hopefully I'll get it within 2 or 3 weeks.

FYI - D&T Arms in Goodlettsville keeps the SR9/SR9c Crossbreed (leather) in stock. For those who don't want to wait. :D

Guest iiiwildfireiii

SuperTuck Deluxe

I ordered one for my SR9c and I've not looked back since. The thing is just so comfortable its easy to forget that you're wearing your sidearm. I sometimes wear tight t-shirts with it and its still not *that* noticeable. The only thing I use my cheap Mike's holster now is for when I need to throw it in my jacket pocket or something.

The Supertuck is pricey, but get it and don't look back. Don't waste your money on trying other cheaper alternatives that just plain don't work as well.

Guest iiiwildfireiii
Anyone who thinks $70 is too pricey to carry something you're betting your life on, well.....

My TT in avatar is about a hundred. A bargain.

- OS

To some, yes, $70 could indeed be considered pricey for a holster, irregardless of how much they paid for their pistol. Not everyone can afford a $100 holster. Personally, I agree with you. However, really, my $10 IWB holster functions just as well as my Crossbreed, however its no where near as comfortable to wear. You're paying the extra coin for comfort, not so much for functionality.

As we all know, those that can't carry their weapon comfortably are less likely to actually carry it everyday. If you're betting your life on it, then you'd better be carrying it, period, no matter what wrapper its in.

:lol:

Kholster.........Same as Supertuck without the price tag and the

cross's .....They make them for SR9C's for around 50 bucks......love mine

PIC_0087.jpg

I agree. I have a Kholster for my SR9c and it is very comfortable and durable. It is very similar to the CBST and has the lower price.

I'm using a leather holster for my SR9 (not SR9c) that I picked up at the Bill Goodman Gun Show in Nashville a few months back. It was about $25.00 bucks. But I don't love it and I will probably upgrade to one of the suggestions from this thread in the near future. It works okay, but it's not made specifically for this pistol and some of the other recommendations in this thread look like much better options.

I can tell you what not to go with though: Do not purchase a Fobus holster for the SR9. Maybe it would be different for the SR9c, but I doubt it. The problem is with the little notch that slides into the trigger well and is suppose to "lock" the pistol in. It's entirely too big on the SR9 model holster and requires an inordinate amount of force to dislodge from the holster. Not only did it create some serious scuffing on the trigger well (in the handful of times I yanked it in and out) but it's so tight that it practically gives you an epic wedgie when you try to get it out. Definitely not what you want happening if you ever need to draw in self defense.

It's unfortunate because I love the look of the molded polymer holsters Fobus produces. I was so psyched when I ordered it, but it ended up being a colossal disappointment and a waste of money.

Guest hickok45

I"m not advocating using the "wrong" holster for a gun, or one that just doesn't fit well, but if you order a really nice leather one and just need something to get by on for awhile, I discovered while doing the video and testing my SR9c that it fits surprisingly well in a leather G26/G27 holster. I'm reluctant to put the wrong gun in a nice holster and risk malforming it, but it actually fits pretty well.

Someone is more likely to have one of these around you could use for awhile until you find what you really want. Maybe a cheap one that won't be malformed. Try it though; you might not agree with me that it almost fits. :-)